DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

You'd hope that Heliguy would have delivered by then!!

I honestly wouldn't bet on it. If you are wanting one before Easter Maplin's are best bet for quicker delivery.

If you are happy to wait until who knows when then stick with HeliGuy.

Last year they received I think around 15 Mavic's - who knows how many this year. Could be zero, could be 1000 - who knows!

My Very order for flymore package has changed this morning , not too despatched , but shows payment required by 20th Jan on account
Anyone elses Very order changed ?

Nothing on mine, although I added it to my account on 12 months interest free so have nothing to pay yet. Mavic only ordered on 25 October 2016, almost 10 weeks wait now!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My Very order for flymore package has changed this morning , not too despatched , but shows payment required by 20th Jan on account
Anyone elses Very order changed ?

No Change on mine. But weirdly, the postage charge has disappeared, still showing the Bundle package but without the postage charge,

No Change on mine. But weirdly, the postage charge has disappeared, still showing the Bundle package but without the postage charge,
I delayed payment of my very order too but now they want me to pay the first installment by 20th Jan... for an order I havent oven recieved yet... really, how does that work?!?

Received my COMBO pack just before Christmas, payment taken on the 24/10.

I had been in touch with Mavic tech then sales politely asking when I could expect an update on a delivery date as payment had been taken but I hadn't heard anything from them for months.
Suddenly received and email a few days later on the 16/12 from the DJI Store confirming the Mavic had been shipped, received it in the UK on the 19/12 (SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC, HONG KONG - HONG KONG, LEIPZIG - GERMANY,EAST MIDLANDS - UK, then local delivery points all via DHL)

Several flights later, really impressed.

You'd hope that Heliguy would have delivered by then!! (Easter)

I honestly wouldn't bet on it. If you are wanting one before Easter Maplin's are best bet !

Yes I think you're right. Ordered on the 6 Nov (Heliguy) so I estimate I'm around the mid to late 70's in the queue. Even at 15 units a week (which is optimistic) puts me Mid February at best!

Meanwhile its a lovely clear, bright, sunny day here with no wind and quite mild too. Basically perfect flying conditions on my last day off work - Grrrrrrrr :-( A sunny Bank Holiday in England is as rate as a Mavic delivery! - and I've missed it.

Maplin have 91 Fly Mores on back order - with 400 due in January - but they advised not to rely on the 400 all turning up!

Very open and honest - (just like Heliguy) but with the advantaged that DJI seem to like them.

Yes I think you're right. Ordered on the 6 Nov (Heliguy) so I estimate I'm around the mid to late 70's in the queue. Even at 15 units a week (which is optimistic) puts me Mid February at best!

Meanwhile its a lovely clear, bright, sunny day here with no wind and quite mild too. Basically perfect flying conditions on my last day off work - Grrrrrrrr :-( A sunny Bank Holiday in England is as rate as a Mavic delivery! - and I've missed it.

I ordered on the 7th Nov and was told number 351 in the queue. Should get it by Christmas then!
Might have to take the £100 loss and go to Maplins. Annoying that people ordering at the end of Dec have got theirs already.
So. For the next drone release (mavic 2?) anyone pre-ordering from Heliguy?

I ordered on the 3rd October and Heliguy told me I'm 100th on the waiting list...

Don't rely on the Maplins website, give them a call. Ordered 29th, despatched 30th! (Drone only)

I can second this, Maplin were brilliant for me i ordered on the 19th December and received it on the 22nd (Fly more combo)

Hang in there guys the Mavic is definitely worth the wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: mole
I'm getting annoyed now. Come on Heliguy you should be on the phone kicking off with DJI every 15 mins until your orders turn up. This is from your website....

Getting the Mavic Pro through Heliguy means that the whole process is managed from beginning to end. We are the oldest and most experienced DJI retailer in the UK and have a great deal of experience in managing the order and import process, especially with a new product launch.

Maplins don't claim to be the most experienced, especially with new products but they seem to be getting all your mavics!!!!!

Come on!! At least a weekly email with how many calls you've made to DJI. At present it looks like you're not doing anything (apart from holding on to my 10% deposit in your bank!).

I ordered a Mavic Pro on the 22nd of December 2016 and it is getting delivered today the 3rd of January 2017!

So really happy I cancelled my order with GearBest that was only £858 and stumped up the £1099

Reactions: dogstroker
Well I returned to my office this morning to find a few deliveries waiting for me, I now have:
  • Spare Gimbal cover for making the sunshade for the Mavic camera
  • DJI's sunshade for the controller
  • Foldable Rage Extenders
  • Litchi & DGI Go Apps installed
  • Tablet holder for the Mavic controller
  • Waypoint Missions created and ready to fly
  • Foldable Helipads
  • Mavic leg extenders for better ground clearance
  • PFV Goggle holder
  • Hard Case
  • Prop Guards
  • Flashing Strobe for LOS
all I need now is a blooming Mavic to actually start using this stuff!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
I feel like a child who's been given a great new toy on Christmas day - but no batteries and the shops are closed :-(

I don't think I can hold out much longer - I'm going to have to cancel Heliguy and go with Maplin

Where's the best place to get an extra battery? (I'll 3 with the fly more anyway but as the hub can charge 4 - why not?. You can never have too many batteries!)

Last edited:
So the Mavic I ordered from Maplins was faulty :( Sad days, had it for 12 days and it's already on its way to DJI in Netherlands for a replacement, let's hope i don't have to wait as long as i did for the first one.
Please test your drones fully, i had bad out of focus issues on the bottom right and just yesterday starting getting Jello on my videos.

So the Mavic I ordered from Maplins was faulty :( Sad days, had it for 12 days and it's already on its way to DJI in Netherlands for a replacement, let's hope i don't have to wait as long as i did for the first one.
Please test your drones fully, i had bad out of focus issues on the bottom right and just yesterday starting getting Jello on my videos.

Quite a few Mavics with issues. Mine is at DJI at the moment in the "assessment" stage. DJI were pretty quick but Christmas slowed things down. I enjoyed mine for 2 days - the first day mostly spent updating firmware and figuring out what button does what.

My gimbal had showstopping issues. There was some very minor blurring in the right corner but not bad enough to be an issue worthy of replaced.

Reactions: magsta
I
Quite a few Mavics with issues. Mine is at DJI at the moment in the "assessment" stage. DJI were pretty quick but Christmas slowed things down. I enjoyed mine for 2 days - the first day mostly spent updating firmware and figuring out what button does what.

My gimbal had showstopping issues. There was some very minor blurring in the right corner but not bad enough to be an issue worthy of replaced.

What was your gimbal doing exactly?
I'm sorry, i've paid a lot of money for this drone, i want it all to be in focus haha.
Is your s a replacement case or an RMA?

Well I returned to my office this morning to find a few deliveries waiting for me, I now have:
  • Spare Gimbal cover for making the sunshade for the Mavic camera
  • DJI's sunshade for the controller
  • Foldable Rage Extenders
  • Litchi & DGI Go Apps installed
  • Tablet holder for the Mavic controller
  • Waypoint Missions created and ready to fly
  • Foldable Helipads
  • Mavic leg extenders for better ground clearance
  • PFV Goggle holder
all I need now is a blooming Mavic to actually start using this stuff!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
I feel like a child who's been given a great new toy on Christmas day - but no batteries and the shops are closed :-(

I don't think I can hold out much longer - I'm going to have to cancel Heliguy and go with Maplin

Where's the best place to get an extra battery? (I'll 3 with the fly more anyway but as the hub can charge 4 - why not?. You can never have too many batteries!)

Which foldable helipads did you buy? Unless you are flying from flat, clean tarmac the Mavic needs a launch pad. Catching the Mavic is actually quite easy - but I found I needed something to launch from.

Reactions: magsta
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky