DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Stress Cracks

And he and you are completely misguided about what constitutes a repair or mod that voids a warranty. My MP is modified, yet I just got a $0 invoice from them for repair under warranty. Because my modification cannot possibly damage anything. In that spirit, the same thing for the stop crack propagation repair I suggest. Of course you have to apply a modicum of common sense and craftsmanship when doing such things and I understand that that is not everyone's cuppa.
View attachment 9522
Ok "Alan TheBeast" drill holes in your Mavic and be happy... you won!

I don't care what decision someone else makes, but get the facts straight first.
These aren't facts. These are personal experiences, interpretations and opinions put out to answer a question. Put out to help. Others are presenting experiences no less valid than yours. This may surprise you, but readers are able to take it all in and make their own balanced opinion.
You really don't get it. Have a good one.
:D:) Hahaha! Yeah.... he's the one who doesn't "get it."

Reactions: roflyer
These aren't facts. These are personal experiences, interpretations and opinions put out to answer a question. Put out to help. Others are presenting experiences no less valid than yours. This may surprise you, but readers are able to take it all in and make their own balanced opinion.

As I said... he "won" ;)

Reactions: KiterTodd
Also just discovered a gimbal crack right near a screw.

Attachments

• IMG_6266.JPG
    IMG_6266.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 126

Broken record time:

a) the t&c's (DJI) say modifications or repairs that cause damage will void warranty for a related failure. Not that a given modification or repair will void warranty as roflyer asserted.

b) I've modified my MP.

c) DJI are repairing it without cost. Because my modification could not possibly have damaged anything, least of all the camera focus.

d) Nobody has stepped up and said, "DJI refused to repair X because I did modification Y on my drone" that I have seen. (Crashes and so on are something else...).

So the notion that drilling a stop propagation hole in a piece of plastic and filling it with epoxy, would make anyone think that DJI would use that as an excuse to void a warranty as roflyer claimed is just not flying.

That's all - I'm done.

Reactions: dwallersv
Same but only one bulge on left side so far no cracks had it for 2 months no sports mode

Broken record time:

a) the t&c's (DJI) say modifications or repairs that cause damage will void warranty for a related failure. Not that a given modification or repair will void warranty as roflyer asserted.

b) I've modified my MP.

c) DJI are repairing it without cost. Because my modification could not possibly have damaged anything, least of all the camera focus.

d) Nobody has stepped up and said, "DJI refused to repair X because I did modification Y on my drone" that I have seen. (Crashes and so on are something else...).

So the notion that drilling a stop propagation hole in a piece of plastic and filling it with epoxy, would make anyone think that DJI would use that as an excuse to void a warranty as roflyer claimed is just not flying.

That's all - I'm done.

I haven't read through this thread completely but I agree with you . Consumer products sold in the U.S. must comply with the Magnum Moss warranty act . Basically it states that a company can not refuse a warranty claim for aftermarket equipment or modification unless the modification can be shown to have directly caused the problem . All the burden of proof that it caused the issue is held by the company . More commonly known in the automotive business but it covers all products . It also protects the buyer from a manufactor invalidating the entire warranty for a product if a problem was caused to a localized area . So if you actually did harm the gimbal because you added aftermarket lens filters etc on the camera they could deny warranty on the gimbal/camera assy but not on future issues with the motors ,gps etc .

Just checked mine... nothing that I can see. Ordered 9/29... not sure of the manufactured date.

I have the same bubbling and cracking issue, but it's on one of my batteries rather than the body of the Mavic.
Really? It may be a bad battery. Your lipo may be swelling. Probably shouldn't use it.

Edit: Can you upload pics of it?

I have the same bubbling and cracking issue, but it's on one of my batteries rather than the body of the Mavic.

yeah I'd be careful with that batt. If its swelling it could catch fire. I definitely wouldnt charge it unattended...

Reactions: TuneFlight
yeah I'd be careful with that batt. If its swelling it could catch fire. I definitely wouldnt charge it unattended...

I've been monitoring it pretty closely for about a week - It doesn't seem to be swelling - Because there's a little space between the outer shell's bubble/crack and the actual battery casing... I feel like if swelling was causing the crack, it would be applying constant pressure against the outer shell. (Just a guess based off of cell phone batteries I've had malfunction in the past) - I'll definitely keep you all updated on this end.

I've been monitoring it pretty closely for about a week - It doesn't seem to be swelling - Because there's a little space between the outer shell's bubble/crack and the actual battery casing... I feel like if swelling was causing the crack, it would be applying constant pressure against the outer shell. (Just a guess based off of cell phone batteries I've had malfunction in the past) - I'll definitely keep you all updated on this end.

Keep an eye on the balance of each cell too. One of the 3 cells could be going bad. Have you crashed it??

What concerns me is I'm not a frequent flyer. I've had mine going on 3 months with only about 3 flights. If this is caused after frequent flying and this starts after my 1 yr warranty, would it still be covered? No bumps as of yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan