DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Stress Cracks

Ok no bumps or crack. Only about 3 flights though. Manf date 12/28/16

It took a total of 22 day for me to get 'a' Mavic Pro back. 'a' being a new one!

It took a total of 22 day for me to get 'a' Mavic Pro back. 'a' being a new one!

Could you do us all a big favour and take some test photos from 90 m up, straight down onto something that will provide a good target.

Use AF to focus on the left side, the middle and the right (3 photos). Please post them on this forum.

Example see post number 14.

Thanks.

I haven't read through this thread completely but I agree with you . Consumer products sold in the U.S. must comply with the Magnum Moss warranty act . Basically it states that a company can not refuse a warranty claim for aftermarket equipment or modification unless the modification can be shown to have directly caused the problem . All the burden of proof that it caused the issue is held by the company . More commonly known in the automotive business but it covers all products . It also protects the buyer from a manufactor invalidating the entire warranty for a product if a problem was caused to a localized area . So if you actually did harm the gimbal because you added aftermarket lens filters etc on the camera they could deny warranty on the gimbal/camera assy but not on future issues with the motors ,gps etc .

That is very useful information about the repairs. Thank you for it.

In that spirit, I will now begin looking for advice on how to seal cracks around my Mav's "eyebrows" safely, or whether I should just get someone who knows this stuff backwards and forwards and darn near sideways to replace the bit of the shell that cracked. (If anybody has any such advice, I'm open to messages.)

I haven't read through this thread completely but I agree with you . Consumer products sold in the U.S. must comply with the Magnum Moss warranty act . Basically it states that a company can not refuse a warranty claim for aftermarket equipment or modification unless the modification can be shown to have directly caused the problem . All the burden of proof that it caused the issue is held by the company . More commonly known in the automotive business but it covers all products . It also protects the buyer from a manufactor invalidating the entire warranty for a product if a problem was caused to a localized area . So if you actually did harm the gimbal because you added aftermarket lens filters etc on the camera they could deny warranty on the gimbal/camera assy but not on future issues with the motors ,gps etc .

What is the recourse for a consumer whose supplier is not honoring that obligation? This is OT, but very much related to the Magnum Moss act. Verizon say that rooting any new Android phone (or unlocking the bootloader) completely invalidates their warranty. So, in theory, rooting your brand new phone, and then having the screen develop some dead pixels, or the power button no longer presses properly, means you're SOL. I couldn't believe it when they told me that - figuring there has to be some kind of consumer protection. It'd be like Ford saying you invalidate your warranty because you installed non-dealer tires.

Speaking of cars, wife's X5 had a sticker on the inside of the windshield. Tell me how this is legal:

upload_2017-4-27_11-42-40.png

I've seen this happen to a few people. Don't worry, the top part is a thin and cheap plastic part which you can easily have swapped at a DJI dealer. They (from DJI) don't cost much either, you can have a look on eBay if you don't believe me.

Speaking of cars, wife's X5 had a sticker on the inside of the windshield. Tell me how this is legal:

View attachment 11661

Either abide or don't buy. The one that I found the most ridiculous was the cell phone. Really?

And does the car have a bluetooth feature to link the cell phone to the car radio/speaker system? That would be a gas to show in court if anything actually happened.

Car makers and others have been increasingly using language in their sales contracts, warranties, etc. about the s/w in the car (or other) being their property at all times and could not be modified or changed in anyway (3rd party hacks and so on).

I'm just gonna swap the top of my Mavic for a new one this next weekend (as soon as the part arrives).

Many thanks to Thunderdrones for the advice on safely removing the top and putting on a new one without accidentally harming anything.

Here's hoping the new top holds up better than the current one.

I have the stress cracks in the front and a small bulge in my battery with a crack on top. Just emailed DJI about it today. My last flight my camera just went grey for no reason for about a minute until i landed and came back.
d91e5db2094db3d86e383008704221f5.jpg
fe63d5d478f1f9b03f665f274f675a87.jpg

I've had zero issues related to the deformed plastic. I do put my mavic nose down in the bag but it doesn't get bumped around. I like the idea of getting a replacement mavic for free, but I'd hate to be months without it and it seems wasteful.

I have the stress cracks in the front and a small bulge in my battery with a crack on top. Just emailed DJI about it today. My last flight my camera just went grey for no reason for about a minute until i landed and came back.
d91e5db2094db3d86e383008704221f5.jpg
fe63d5d478f1f9b03f665f274f675a87.jpg

I would be careful with that battery. Lipos will puff and can be volatile. Have you ran the MP hard and flown a lot of sport mode?

Reactions: HWal

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli