DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

I know the goggles are designed to connect directly with the Mavic. But with all the other DjI drones you must use a the included cable from the goggles to the controller. I assume that when you're using one of the other DJI drones that the goggles are getting all of their downlink from the controller. So with that being said I was wondering if you use the cable could you fly with the goggles long distance.
Interesting point! Do you know if it is a data connection over USB, or the HDMI that is connected? Some models actually have HDMI out off the controller.

Interesting point! Do you know if it is a data connection over USB, or the HDMI that is connected? Some models actually have HDMI out off the controller.

In the video I watch today on YouTube the guys connecting his P4 to the goggles using a USB to micro USB.

See video at nine 9:02

In the video I watch today on YouTube the guys connecting his P4 to the goggles using a USB to micro USB.

See video at nine 9:02

I would expect the same to work on the Mavic. I'm not sure I would want only my Goggles in place of my iPad mini 4. I hear the battery details are not as good. I need detailed battery information when pushing for maximum distance. We shall see once I get the goggles later today.

Reactions: Natedoggz
I would expect the same to work on the Mavic. I'm not sure I would want only my Goggles in place of my iPad mini 4. I hear the battery details are not as good. I need detailed battery information when pushing for maximum distance. We shall see once I get the goggles later today.

Didn't realize the battery information wasn't as detailed in the goggles and I totally forgot that on the Mavic will only let you use the micro USB or the USB, not both at the same time, so you would not be able to just flip the goggles up and look at your iPad.

@CyberNate
Do not want to bother you with this but i need to ask you about your battery setup:
What ext battery do you use (link?). And what to consider when using this (indication on percentage, voltage etc).

Signal is really good now and tested to be very reliable as long as clear LoS.. plenty left when reaching PNR...need to extend endurance now;)

@CyberNate
Do not want to bother you with this but i need to ask you about your battery setup:
What ext battery do you use (link?). And what to consider when using this (indication on percentage, voltage etc).

Signal is really good now and tested to be very reliable as long as clear LoS.. plenty left when reaching PNR...need to extend endurance now;)

The best battery is generally multistar Lihv; however you need to only charge it to 4.30v/cell rather than 4.35v. The reason is that the Mavic battery will switch off if external battery is higher than Mavic battery. Myself and another lost our Mavics in the past because of this. The multistar is also very light as compared to other batteries.

I would stay away from multistar lipo, which have a higher internal resistance. Only used their Lihv batteries. The 3000, 4000, and 5200mah sized Lihv are good. You can use the 3000 in a dual battery setup for great range. Lipo batteries also work well, just not the multistar. If you have dual 1500 lipos, that's a nice weight point where performance is still good enough to handle decent wind.

It is best to connect the batteries directly to the Mavic main leads under top cover rather than using battery clip. You want to avoid any extra resistance which will lower the usable per you can extract from external batteries.

Hobbyking.com has the batteries you need.

The best battery is generally multistar Lihv; however you need to only charge it to 4.30v/cell rather than 4.35v. The reason is that the Mavic battery will switch off if external battery is higher than Mavic battery. Myself and another lost our Mavics in the past because of this. The multistar is also very light as compared to other batteries.

I would stay away from multistar lipo, which have a higher internal resistance. Only used their Lihv batteries. The 3000, 4000, and 5200mah sized Lihv are good. You can use the 3000 in a dual battery setup for great range. Lipo batteries also work well, just not the multistar. If you have dual 1500 lipos, that's a nice weight point where performance is still good enough to handle decent wind.

It is best to connect the batteries directly to the Mavic main leads under top cover rather than using battery clip. You want to avoid any extra resistance which will lower the usable per you can extract from external batteries.

Hobbyking.com has the batteries you need.

Thanks for the info bud! Im gonna dive into the battery mod thread to collect some more info. Not looking for huge range here so i want to keep it lighter than what you re doing. Just need to go out for another 2 km and id be happy.

Edit (off topic) : you got the goggles yet? Like?

I love this setup
aba37bd06c8aed9bab218362ceffee9b.jpg

**** that looks dope D!
I can't really see why half Heli's would work better than a panel with the Mavics leg antennas, but whatever works! I should've kept my FPVLR V2's.
You know all it takes is a nutsert on the bottom side of that tablet holder and you can mount that on a tripod in seconds, makes for a rocksolid aim.
I'm probably gonna have to do something soon with the remote, I've done a stock remote & bird 27,700 foot, 25, and a 20, and once I get out past 25 the control signal starts to get real low, in a spot where I can take the P3&p4 with an unboosted panel for twice that distance.

**** that looks dope D!
I can't really see why half Heli's would work better than a panel with the Mavics leg antennas, but whatever works! I should've kept my FPVLR V2's.
You know all it takes is a nutsert on the bottom side of that tablet holder and you can mount that on a tripod in seconds, makes for a rocksolid aim.
I'm probably gonna have to do something soon with the remote, I've done a stock remote & bird 27,700 foot, 25, and a 20, and once I get out past 25 the control signal starts to get real low, in a spot where I can take the P3&p4 with an unboosted panel for twice that distance.

That is my setup, most of the time I sit right there on my kitchen
island and fly out 3,4 and 5 miles from inside!
That's how powerful this antenna mod is.
And the best part is, the bird and radio all breaks down very easy
and fast to fit in my mavic pro hard case..
Kevin

**** that looks dope D!

You would think linear antennas would work better than circular polarized, but for me the circular polarized work better, at least for me in places of high interference.

Have you tried NOT using the booster on the right antenna (receiving antenna)? Is there any noticeable difference?
This is not my setup it belongs to jkantiques hopefully he will see this post and answer your question I ordered this setup I was just posting how sweet it looks my setup like this is on the way

This is not my setup it belongs to jkantiques hopefully he will see this post and answer your question I ordered this setup I was just posting how sweet it looks my setup like this is on the way
Or maybe you can try it once you've received yours? :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123