DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware.

What do you mean update the batteries? I must be missing something here...
After you complete your update shut down the mavic and controller and log out of go then swap your battery and restart the rc and the mavic and you will see a firmware miss match just follow the go instructions as the batteries have firmware that also needs updating just like your drone and controller

Reactions: Chris R and Loz
Installed the new FW didn't have any issues getting stuck etc also updated all three of my batteries. ..

DONT FORGET TO DO EACH BATTERY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE :)
Any thoughts on how to force a battery update? My two spares did not prompt for updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using MavicPilots mobile app

After you complete your update shut down the mavic and controller and log out of go then swap your battery and restart the rc and the mavic and you will see a firmware miss match just follow the go instructions as the batteries have firmware that also needs updating just like your drone and controller

I did not know that thanks, i flew my mavic today on the new FW but only 1 batt as had limited time, was obviously the batt that was in the mavic during the FW update :-D

The update did a reset on some settings. Looks like EXP settings are all now .25. I remembered I only changed my yaw to .25. Is .25 the default now?

The update did a reset on some settings. Looks like EXP settings are all now .25. I remembered I only changed my yaw to .25. Is .25 the default now?

Good point ...

Also remember to review all of your setting in the GO app as the firmware does reset a number of them ...

You don't have to shut down the app or RC. Just shut off the Mavic, put the new battery in. When u power it back up it will connect to the App and it will say inconsistent firmware for the first extra battery and you just slide right. The next two it just automatically updated on its own.

It was really quick and easy to update all of the batteries.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Chris R
Updated without issue earlier today... Did an 8 minute flight... NO FREAKING DISCONNECTS! Hopefully it wasn't a fluke... Before the update I was having 10 disconnects per flight.

Also, the map actually follows you again! YAY!

Knock on wood.... Hopefully this firmware will be better than the last.

Sure, I take your point, but all of the errors and issues I have been having are POST either firmware or DJi Go App updates. The Mavic was fine up until that point. Also, I would put to you that a good number of Mavic pilots are having these issues, and it's not an isolated case with me. Lastly, firmware updates are proportionally just as focused on fixes issues with AC, and not just adding new functions. I look forward to the next major FW and DJi App release.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I agree. When I got my Mavic it worked perfectly... EVERY SINGLE UPDATE, except the first, caused problems... Same with the app. DJI 3 was fine... DJI 4 has been a nightmare.

What do you mean update the batteries? I must be missing something here...

The batteries also require firmware updates. Put each battery in and it will say inconsistent firmware and give you an option to update

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I noticed the return to home height returned to 20 meters ohhhh my oak trees are 25 meters minimum I would peek before you take off

I AM SO GLAD they got the map following again, that really bugged me for some reason.

I AM SO GLAD they got the map following again, that really bugged me for some reason.

It bugged me because it's annoying when they break something that worked perfectly, and then never fixed it. Also, the line on the map is so convenient when the map follows you.

The same stop at 73% happened to me. I waited about a half hour after that stop then shut everything down. I then changed Mavik Pro battery and rebooted the Mavik, Controller and DJI Go 4 app and it completed. It's too late/dark in Florence Arizona to go test fly...but at least it's warm.

Downloaded and installed without a problem. There were some slow points, but never more than ten seconds. Weather is crappy, so I don't know when I will fly again in the near future.

Stuck at 73% turn off everything. Turn on mavic-rc-djigo4 it says 60% wait couple min and done. Tomorrow will be the test flight

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Grimbart55
Updated yesterday evening and just finished my 3 batteries morning flights without any problems. Just had to update my 2 other batteries on the field but you don't need network (firmware is already in your phone or your plane) and it's way faster than the big update to the mavic.
Flights were great at -1°C

No problems for me.

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Updated with a few minor issues, got to 99% then stuck. Probably tablet (android) not reconnecting to RC after Mavic rebooted? Also went through all the settings and noticed some of the downward sensor options had turned off?

Anyone know what the Cinematic Mode does?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga