DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New software updates

My new K1 Shield is rock stable with the latest firmware on the drone and Android.
17 flights, averaging ~ 18 minutes each. No disconnects, no lag.
Best $190 I spent
Added a reflective film to the screen for $2 and purchased a mount for the tablet.
I'm expecting a sun shield today from Amazon
Best of all!

I currently use a device with android. Would it be better to use ios? Is it more stable? I think of getting a mini ipad, will it be worth it?

I'm an android fan but to be honest I bought an iPhone and using it with the Mavic. The mini would do the work and they are not so expensive(Mini 2) for a tablet.

No.

May give it a go next week

I currently use a device with android. Would it be better to use ios? Is it more stable? I think of getting a mini ipad, will it be worth it?
I have never used anything but iOS so I can't speak about
android. All I know about them is what I read here.
It does seem iOS has less issues. Since the P3's came out
I have used a mini 2 and never had any issues other than
in the summer here it gets hot on occasion and will shut
down till it cools.

Well I finally gave way and bought an iPad Mini 4 to use with my Mavic vs. the OnePlus Android based phone I have been using. Flew a full battery yesterday using the Mini so I can at least share initial thoughts.

The DJI app on the iPad is (so far) more stable. Not a single glitch, smooth video feed, and no warnings about strong interference (which I often received on Android curiously). I also noticed the orientation of my control/tablet is far more accurate than it was on Android. Meaning, when I'm facing North, the map orientation on the screen shows me facing North. The app didn't crash at all (which it did on the Android version, usually once every other battery on average).

So all in all, very happy to have moved and become a fellow 'Apple lemming'. ;-)

FYI, Purely by chance, I checked for an iPad Mini 4 on MicroCenter's website and found an "open box clearance" iPad with both WIFI and Cellular. Popped in my AT&T SIM and works like a champ! (Plus the Cellular version has GPS). $75 off as it was an open box!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15