DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

At the current rate of production the Phantom 5 may be delivered before Mavic pre-orders... :)

If you look at the chart at the beginning of this thread, you'll see that only a little more than 1/2 of the orders placed 9/27 directly with DJI have shipped. If the current pace continues, I would be surprised if yours didn't ship this week sometime. I have a 9/29 order that feels hopeless right now since NONE of the orders placed on 9/29 with DJI have shipped.

Reactions: MavicJunky
Drone world is the absolutely sleaziest company out there. They literally skate the edges of legality. They simply take cheap products and slap their name on it and claim they invented it and throw on a 400% markup. The owner should likely be sued.

LOL!

Falcon_LR_Remote_Tilted.jpg

No. They will take preorders on that next month but only start manufacturing in 2018. However, they will say they are producing them in "full swing" and TJ will happily defend them here. Same thing again ;)

At the current rate of production the Phantom 5 may be delivered before Mavic pre-orders... :)

I chatted with DJI last nigh about my order. The representative told me mine would ship by November 4th. I ordered my more fly bundle 9/28 at around 1300 hrs. We will see how that pans out. I'm pretty patient and will sit and wait until it eventually comes. However, I think the lack of specific information, especially after charging our credit cards is very unprofessional. It took several weeks of asking to finally get the 11/4 commitment. I can't say I give it much faith. It's likely just a swag estimate. I'm sure there will be more excuses coming soon.
Hope this is accurate since my order is on the 28th at 1200hrs. maybe i'll have it in time for my birthday (17th)

The Inspire 2 is supposedly being announced on 11/15. It's going to be interesting how those buyers react when DJI blows past delivery expectations much like they've done with us. For right now, i'm not going to torture myself by placing another order for any DJI product until this mess is straightened out. My I1 delivers more than I could ever ask and will continue to fly her until a Fedex package arrives at my door.

Reactions: Zeroescence
If you look at the chart at the beginning of this thread, you'll see that only a little more than 1/2 of the orders placed 9/27 directly with DJI have shipped. If the current pace continues, I would be surprised if yours didn't ship this week sometime. I have a 9/29 order that feels hopeless right now since NONE of the orders placed on 9/29 with DJI have shipped.
Yes, it strains credulity for DJI to claim that threy are 'now shipping' when actually they've only released a relative smattering of units to those who ordered on 9/27 and 9/28. At this rate there won't be widespread distribution before December (as many vendors are actually now saying.)

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I just thought I would add my info for the spreadsheet. Ordered 2016-10-14 03:37:27 (UTC). Flymore combo. I'm gonna be waiting quite a while I am afraid.

Reactions: TopQuark
IMG_4668.JPG
I called DJI again this morning, and talked to another supervisor. Like the previous person I spoke with a week or two ago, he was very (very) nice, and very willing to try to get me an answer, because he was "curious also."

Ultimately, after he asked around the office and spoke with different people, he couldn't give me anything about shipping dates. He did share some interesting information, however:

1) although he said it was just "word around the office," the reason his office suspects for the delays is that there simply aren't any units manufactured and available to ship because certain Chinese channels were allowed to order "before America or Europe" and there "wasn't any stock leftover for those orders." He said that cannot be confirmed, but it's what they suspect happened, and now it's a big mess.

2) I asked about how this will effect repairs and warranty services (because he told me that he is a supervisor in a repair facility in California), and he said that they've got lots of Mavic parts in stock, and estimated turn around is currently 2 weeks for Mavic repairs. BUT, if the "damage is bad enough," then "those repairs might take longer, waiting for a replacement unit."

I thought I'd pass this information along, because this has come up several times in conversation and speculation.

This guy was by far the nicest, most willing-to-help individual I've ever communicated with at DJI. It honestly gave me hope for DJI as a company. It's just too bad he's a minority within the company.

Hey dj
Great news on your MAV. Mine is arriving the 2nd as well. Thanks for all the great info from the call. Weird thing for my order though they say the Refresh warranty is out of stock, shipping later. Hmm. On the web it says I must register right away but if I pummel it into the ground before it shipped I wonder how they will handle the replacement. Things sure are FUBARed

View attachment 587

Hey dj
Great news on your MAV. Mine is arriving the 2nd as well. Thanks for all the great info from the call. Weird thing for my order though they say the Refresh warranty is out of stock, shipping later. Hmm. On the web it says I must register right away but if I pummel it into the ground before it shipped I wonder how they will handle the replacement. Things sure are FUBARed

thing that sucks about it is you have 48 hours after activating your drone to apply the care refresh...after that u cant...so if u activate your mavic and don't have care refresh yet and 48 hours goes by it was a waste of money...i think the way that works is dumb

Reactions: BlueSkies
thing that sucks about it is you have 48 hours after activating your drone to apply the care refresh...after that u cant...so if u activate your mavic and don't have care refresh yet and 48 hours goes by it was a waste of money...i think the way that works is dumb
Shite! Your right. Technically I can't fly or activate until that Refresh arrives. Bastards. I think I'll try to cancel the Refresh and if they won't let me I'll ask for a battery swap. And if that doesn't work I'll sell an unopened MAV on eBay. I am going to have a beer. It's noon somewhere.

Shite! Your right. Technically I can't fly or activate until that Refresh arrives. Bastards. I think I'll try to cancel the Refresh and if they won't let me I'll ask for a battery swap. And if that doesn't work I'll sell an unopened MAV on eBay. I am going to have a beer. It's noon somewhere.

lol i'm about to have one too

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Jason
Sorry you crashed man. I ordered the warranty refresh as well. Did yours ship with the Mavic. My order says refresh will ship at a later date along with a spare battery. But I thought we had to register within 48 hours. I bought direct from DJI. Do you have yours?

Thanks Bill
I bought it separately the day of activation. I had to enter my serial number to purchase during the checkout process. I assume if you ordered yours in advance there would be some sort of eDelivery process, but I am not sure.

I bought it separately the day of activation. I had to enter my serial number to purchase during the checkout process. I assume if you ordered yours in advance there would be some sort of eDelivery process, but I am not sure.

yeah i kind of thought all it was is an activation code or something...should just be an email

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Am I missing something? How do you sell out of a warranty/protection plan? Are they doing this because they don't have the time/resources to repair Mavics?

Ordered mine from E Zee Electronics via Amazon on 10/4/16 @ 1716EST. It'll be here WED!!!!
2016-10-29_11-18-06.jpg

If only...

Has it occurred to people that the last thing on most folks mind is coming on here and updating a spreadsheet once they have recieved their toy?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki