DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

I sent an email to dji asking them to either ship my order or refund my money and this was their response

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 126
Order mine nov 2

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lucky! I ordered from Amazon (Ships and sold by Amazon) Oct 15th. Still says January 15 for me. I did have to confirm the delay though today. The spreadsheet also shows other that ordered earlier and they have not received any updates. -- Or at least they haven't posted any.

Got an email update from Amazon today. I ordered from Amazon Prime (Ships and sold by Amazon) on October 15th. I was hoping it was a shipping notice but it was a delay approval request. See below:

mavic delay.JPG

I also see that Amazon has the base shipping on February 10th. :( The Fly More (Deluxe Package) Still shows January 15th... for now.

When I ordered it said November 2nd. Then November 15, then updated to December 1st, then they jumped to January 15th, and not February 10! My previous conversation with Amazon said that the date listed was for the first order to be shipped, not for new orders. I'm hoping he's wrong.

Reactions: jwilson2598
Got an email update from Amazon today. I ordered from Amazon Prime (Ships and sold by Amazon) on October 15th. I was hoping it was a shipping notice but it was a delay approval request. See below:

View attachment 1994

Do you approve of the delay?

Surely it should be worded "accept delay"?

Amazon U.K. have not updated me since finally saying they have no idea when I am likely to receive it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

View attachment 1994
I got the same email from my Oct 4 Prime order. Talked them ealier in the day prior to the email and they were thinking Jan 14th. All this talk about this tread dying out some of us have more than a month to go still.

Probably be just us Amazon Prime suckers in here in a few weeks

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe12
I got the same email from my Oct 4 Prime order. Talked them ealier in the day prior to the email and they were thinking Jan 14th. All this talk about this tread dying out some of us have more than a month to go still.

There are a few DJI direct still hanging out to dry here too

4c149770a786b3ddc4adc670d85e30be.png

Crazy how quickly this is being shipped still. I think I'll get it in the next day or two and not on Wednesday as they stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ordered a basic on 10/6
Zero response to any inquiries
Have another order through Newegg and zero response from inquiries through that site.

I think in the end, the poor folks at the other end of the phones, emails and chat support have no option but to throw up their hands and provide the canned response.

What I wonder is where guys like Adam N are who sent the initial BS message ? He is an executive and professional marketer and zip from him.

In the end, them taking 100% payment up front on DJI direct with knowledge they would not ship for months is deceptive at minimum and fraudulent at maximum.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Do you approve of the delay?

Surely it should be worded "accept delay"?

Amazon U.K. have not updated me since finally saying they have no idea when I am likely to receive it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yes, I approved the delay. There is a bug in the Amazon app that now shows it as shipped. Boy did that throw me for a second!

You are my canary, Matt! I have a feeling that when Amazon gets their shipment, it will be a flood and they will be sending them all out within a week or two.

You still hoping for pre 2018 deliveries.....

There are a few DJI direct still hanging out to dry here too
I am 1 of those DJI Direct orders also. I got a notice today that paypal is now charging me for the fly more combo (it was pending before that). I ordered on 11/7/16, looked at DJI website status and not marked shipped, nor a email conformation for tracking. Wasn't getting my hopes up to far for either, guess they are running low on money and pulling more in for them to use. I am fine with waiting and hoping that they get most of the bugs and defects worked out before mine get shipped.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

My Mavic is still sitting in Virginia for the second day in a row, supposed to have it tomorrow. I swear UPS better not mess up again, they already screwed me on my overnight shipping.

Devin

Oct 4th order Amazon Prime. Just got this. Amazon prime Sucks!

View attachment 2013

I buy everything I can on Amazon Prime. Have been buying on Amazon since 1993. I really doubt this is Amazon's screwup. I would wager DJI is the real culprit, making promises they can't keep. They have done so with every vendor with the possible exception Newegg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: devinrhall
Well guys, at least you have some at stores back in the US.
Here at Portugal, no view of them!

I have two pre-orders:
Amazon.fr (to deliver in Portugal), and still no date to deliver - only a "Soon Available" notice
Fnac.pt, a retailer, that has info for a possible delivery starting 15th December.
I now am looking all sites in Europe to pre-order!!!

I am eager to get one for my Philippines travel next January!

I am 1 of those DJI Direct orders also. I got a notice today that paypal is now charging me for the fly more combo (it was pending before that). I ordered on 11/7/16, looked at DJI website status and not marked shipped, nor a email conformation for tracking. Wasn't getting my hopes up to far for either, guess they are running low on money and pulling more in for them to use. I am fine with waiting and hoping that they get most of the bugs and defects worked out before mine get shipped.

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

Interesting. I'm an 11/07/16 flymore DJI Direct order too...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J