DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Well, I bought 2 fly less packages on reveal day (Amazon DJI Direct within 2 hours of launch), and ebay (8 hours post reveal), and then a week ago I pre-ordered a standard version on BestBuy.com and a few days ago I also pre-ordered standard version from Apple. Still kicking myself for ordering the fly less packages on reveal day, regardless it will be interesting to see which one I get first.

Its none of my business... so don't feel the need to answer if you don't want to. Are you actually purchasing 4 Mavics or just going to cancel the others when you get one? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, mine is being shipped from the US it looks like.

Yep!

Says its coming via FedEx from 201 S Victory Blvd (looks to be a warehouse in CA)

Tracking number not found but its clearly only been electronically created...I am sure I will see an ETA by tomorrow

I'm right down the street! Heck yea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered on September 27th. Being shipped tomorrow with fed ex

Guess they are NOT doing first come first served as I ordered within the first hour on the 27th and no update yet.. smh

Did you order the fly more bundle and where from?

There is a Silver lining. By the time we get them we may be able to sell them for double the cost. There will be plenty of last minute shoppers with cash to burn looking for one this holiday season. Based on how slow these got out, I would think there would be a shortage.

Reactions: Parker
Methinks 25% of pre-orders are from folks who ordered multiple Mavics! ;)

Actually I was exaggerating. I preordered two. I'm considering keeping both. The more the merrier!

There is a Silver lining. By the time we get them we may be able to sell them for double the cost. There will be plenty of last minute shoppers with cash to burn looking for one this holiday season. Based on how slow these got out, I would think there would be a shortage.
By slow you mean shipping 4 days after the estimated date?

Yes, if I end up with multiple units I will simply sell one (at the same price I paid, no markup) to some lucky person who would otherwise have had to wait a month or more. You might even call that 'good Karma' :)

Reactions: kameit00
There won't be shortages, much like the P4, one will be able to walk in and buy right off the shelf at any BB or Apple store in a matter of a week or two. Although initial demand appears strong, inventory will be plentiful as it is for all of these products.

Last edited:
Its none of my business... so don't feel the need to answer if you don't want to. Are you actually purchasing 4 Mavics or just going to cancel the others when you get one? Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If I end up with a couple, I'll be selling my extra one's to friends/family at my cost; and then at least I get some extra credit card points out of the deal...

Reactions: Yourguide
There won't be shortages, much like the P4, one will be able to walk in and buy right off the shelf at any BB or Apple store in a matter of a week or two.
I hope so, at this rate that may be the only way I'll get mine. :D

Any future orders from US Apple Stores won't be avail until December. These dates were updated in the last hour, hopefully these means they just received their 1st batch and will start to ship the pre-orders.

Attachments

• file-122.jpeg
    file-122.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 97
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 98
I knew I shouldn't of bought from shipped and sold from Amazon. Those people are clueless I asked about when they might see their inventory they send me a 3rd party website saying Mavic has been delayed. SMH oh well you live and learn.

Just received an email from Amazon saying they chatted with DJI on their website when they may get theirs, they didn't have an exact date. Really Amazon.. lol

Edit - updated info.

Last edited:
Gonna miss this thread when people start receiving their Mavics. It's probably more entertaining than the Mavic itself. Am waiting for a new thread that says DJI fleeced them as they label their operator error as a flyaway or crash and blame it on the Mavic. Yup, we will start seeing those shortly. P3 and P4 forums have lots of those threads "It just flew away..."

Just got off the Online Chat with DJI, asking if my Preorder was shipping out in the first batch, here is the reply

"Thank you for contacting DJI online store.

We are pleased to let you know we’ve begun shipping the first batch of Mavic Pro preorders today.

Meanwhile, we have received many preorders since the launch date, so we may not be able to fulfill all preorders for the . You have our sincere apology for this.

We are working round the clock to get the Mavic Pro in your hands. We would appreciate your patience.

We thank you for showing such enthusiasm for our technology and look forward to having you flying as soon as possible.

Your order is included in the first batch that is being shipped out.
Please check your DJI account for updates on your order status in the next couple of days.

That is the latest information we have been provided sir."

I hope that true

Reactions: Sapperx76
Just got off the Online Chat with DJI, asking if my Preorder was shipping out in the first batch, here is the reply

"Thank you for contacting DJI online store.

We are pleased to let you know we’ve begun shipping the first batch of Mavic Pro preorders today.

Meanwhile, we have received many preorders since the launch date, so we may not be able to fulfill all preorders for the . You have our sincere apology for this.

We are working round the clock to get the Mavic Pro in your hands. We would appreciate your patience.

We thank you for showing such enthusiasm for our technology and look forward to having you flying as soon as possible.

Your order is included in the first batch that is being shipped out.
Please check your DJI account for updates on your order status in the next couple of days.

That is the latest information we have been provided sir."

I hope that true
This is the reply i just got:
Dominique
" As per morning update. We’ve begun shipping the first batch of Mavic Pro preorders today. Presales are not able to provide shipping dates.
Once your order has been shipped, the status of the order will change and you will receive an email notification with the tracking number"

I sold my whole P4 and accessories at a loss and pre-ordered their most expensive package within about two hours of the Sept 27 announcement and it is appearing like I'm going to get shafted. . .

Does not sit well at all.

Z

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard