DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Got my tracking number yesterday. FedEx says it will be delivered Wednesday morning.
It's the basic package. I also ordered an extra battery and a set of props, but those are coming later I guess.

I looked at my phone while I was driving home today and saw this. (first pic)
I nearly drove off the road trying to open it to see if it was shipping info.
When I opened it up it was this. (second pic)
What kind of sick Mother F@$%#!! would send this out? LOL

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Untitled1-1.jpg
    Untitled1-1.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: ABRsanta
I ordered just the Mavic on 10/5 direct from DJi and still no update to my shipping info.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I thought the same thing and even posted this on the forum. However, I've done a little more research and it seems they do not allow returns on drones but you can still do and exchange if it's defective. Here is the policy: "UAVs or Aerial Drones are non-refundable. If you receive a defective, please contact us immediately, and we will swap out the defective unit for a new unit. Once used, UAVs or Aerial Drones fall under the manufacturer's warranty, and again are non-refundable." Amazon

Holiday Return Policy
Items shipped by Amazon.com between November 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016, may be returned until January 31, 2017, for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines listed below. Items shipped from sellers other than Amazon.com are subject to this same holiday return policy unless otherwise stated in the seller's individual Return Policy.
Amazon.com Help: About Our Returns Policies

So, I think the take home message here is don't buy if you think you'll want to return it, But, if it's shipped after November 1st you have until January 31 to exchange it for a new one if you package it up nicely and list your reason as defective and unable to use it.

That's not entirely true. I ordered a Phantom 3 Advanced bundle for 899.99 off of amazon seller was SSE. I was able to return it even after 30 days. I think it was around 42 days. I had to pay for shipping up front which cost me 93 dollars but amazon reimbursed me for it. I was refunded the full 899.99. Great customer service from Amazon and SSE. So I guess it might be a case by case

I'm so happy my Mavic has shipped. Now waiting until Wednesday isn't bad at all. But at the same time I'm nervous. I want everything to work right. I ordered a Sony dslr backpack to carry my drone in, also a landing/launch pad. I plan on hiking in the middle of the desert and taking off from a large hill I've had my eye on. I already have a 64gb card ready. Iphone 7 plus should arrive Wednesday with the backpack and launching pad the day before. I did order an extra battery from apple pretty late October 19th so I don't expect to see that anytime soon. So the one battery is going to get a workout. I guess I should start looking for some kind of adapter to plug the charger into my car. My Phantom 4 will fill in the gaps since I have 3 batteries and my wife has 3 batteries. Oh here's a question do you guys let your current drones cool down between flights before popping the next battery in? If so how long?

Last edited:
IOh here's a question do you guys let your current drones cool down between flights before popping the next battery in? If so how long?

Good question I'd like to know the answer too. I had 5 batteries on my old drone but never waited . But it did get hot so no telling if it was right or not

I'm so happy my Mavic has shipped. Now waiting until Wednesday isn't bad at all. But at the same time I'm nervous. I want everything to work right. I ordered a Sony dslr backpage to carry my drone in, also a landing/launch pad. I plan on hiking in the middle of the desert and taking off from a large hill I've had my eye on. I already have a 64gb card ready. Iphone 7 plus should arrive Wednesday with the backpack and launching pad the day before. I did order an extra battery from apple pretty late October 19th so I don't expect to see that anytime soon. So the one battery is going to get a workout. I guess I should start looking for some kind of adapter to plug the charger into my car. My Phantom 4 will fill in the gaps since I have 3 batteries and my wife has 3 batteries. Oh here's a question do you guys let your current drones cool down between flights before popping the next battery in? If so how long?
There usually isn't any need to wait. If you're flying hard, feel your motors after landing. If they're hot to the touch, perhaps wait a short while. Otherwise, you should be fine to fly again.

That said, never charge a battery until it fully cools off.

Now, if only my combo would ship!

There usually isn't any need to wait. If you're flying hard, feel your motors after landing. If they're hot to the touch, perhaps wait a short while. Otherwise, you should be fine to fly again.

That said, never charge a battery until it fully cools off.

Now, if only my combo would ship!

I'm sorry to hear your combo hasn't shipped. I was extremely close to ordering the combo. Any idea on when it might ship? Has anyones fly more bundle shipped yet? I wish we would all get our Mavics at the same time. As exciting as it is that mine shipped I can't help but feel upset for all the guys that didn't get shipped yet. It's no fun this way. I feel if I post pics and vids when I receive mine it's like I'm throwing it in your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL
Rose
hi

how are u

pat
I am well

2E0FBsj5tZbHmQxZxuD7BR56asi8V9Ir-agents-2956331

Rose
:)

Do you have your order number?

pat
I'd have to get it

Rose
okay

pat

Thats my order number

Rose
Please wait a moment. I will check for you.

pat
Okay

Rose
Sir,we have started the shipment for Mavic on 21th of Oct and will keep sending the package.Please be patient and wait for the tracking number sent by our system
Sorry about the inconvenience

pat
Okay thank you

Rose
You are very welcome. :)

hope you have a nice day , dear pat

LOL
Rose
hi

how are u

pat
I am well

Rose

pat
I'd have to get it

Rose
okay

pat

Thats my order number

Rose

pat
Okay

Rose
Sir,we have started the shipment for Mavic on 21th of Oct and will keep sending the package.Please be patient and wait for the tracking number sent by our system

pat
Okay thank you

Rose

I was given that exact response yesterday lol

We are writing to let you know that shipment of the following order has not been confirmed by the seller within the expected timeframe:

ORDER DETAILS

Order ID: 113-4
Merchant name: DJI Official Store.
Item(s) to ship:
Name: DJI Mavic PRO FLY MORE COMBO Portable Collapsible Mini Drone
Qty: 1 ASIN/ISBN: B01LZW

Because shipment of this order has not yet been confirmed by the seller, your credit card has not been charged and we are not able to provide you with shipment details.

If you would like to ask DJI Official Store. for more information about the status of this order, including the expected ship date, you may contact them directly.

Thanks for shopping on Amazon.com.

Amazon.com Customer Service

http://www.amazon.com

Bummer, because this is the fly more and I was hoping it would make it to me by the 26th

I also feel that some orders that tracking sent, but not showing are in same boat..as in they give you good news..but nothing but non truth..
as in
give you a tracking but blame DJI for not providing, to get the monkey off their back..

But I still believe that I will receive it soon..
Its going to be Monday in HK soon..15 hours till business opens..
they just had a typhoon
so maybe its just bad timing and only a few days of delay

Last edited:
We are writing to let you know that shipment of the following order has not been confirmed by the seller within the expected timeframe:

ORDER DETAILS

Order ID: 113-4
Merchant name: DJI Official Store.
Item(s) to ship:
Name: DJI Mavic PRO FLY MORE COMBO Portable Collapsible Mini Drone
Qty: 1 ASIN/ISBN: B01LZW

Because shipment of this order has not yet been confirmed by the seller, your credit card has not been charged and we are not able to provide you with shipment details.

If you would like to ask DJI Official Store. for more information about the status of this order, including the expected ship date, you may contact them directly.

Thanks for shopping on Amazon.com.

Amazon.com Customer Service

http://www.amazon.com

Bummer, because this is the fly more and I was hoping it would make it to me by the 26th

I also feel that some orders that tracking sent, but not showing are in same boat..as in they give you good news..but nothing but non truth..
as in
give you a tracking but blame DJI for not providing, to get the monkey off their back..

But I still believe that I will receive it soon..
Its going to be Monday in HK soon..15 hours till business opens..
they just had a typhoon
so maybe its just bad timing and only a few days of delay

It appears no fly move have shipped yet, it's extremely unlikely you will see it this week.

I'm sorry to hear your combo hasn't shipped. I was extremely close to ordering the combo. Any idea on when it might ship? Has anyones fly more bundle shipped yet? I wish we would all get our Mavics at the same time. As exciting as it is that mine shipped I can't help but feel upset for all the guys that didn't get shipped yet. It's no fun this way. I feel if I post pics and vids when I receive mine it's like I'm throwing it in your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. No idea yet on shipping, but there has been no record of any combo shipping so far on any forum. It really would be nice if DJI had lived up to their promise to ship first come, first served (I ordered day one); anything else really doesn't seem quite right to me.

I read either here or somewhere else an analogy of a whole bunch of people lined up outside an Apple store all night long, waiting to buy an iPhone, wherein Apple finally comes outside and hands every other person in line a phone, while telling the rest that they'll need to come back next week for their phones, because they requested the car charger bundle, and they're fresh out of car chargers. It makes those people feel pretty upset, but it almost makes those who got an iPhone feel worse, because suddenly they've been arbitrarily and unjustly promoted above their new friends made while waiting in line for so many hours the night before. They waited in line together, and they should all walk away happily together; that's what they spent all night expecting.

I would feel the same way you do. BUT, that's silly; when you receive your Mavic, take pictures and post them and share with everyone what you think about your new Mavic. It will be a celebration, because the sooner you get yours, the sooner we'll get ours. You'll already stand apart from those few individuals who will choose to pridefully promote themselves to the world as the elite superiors who possess a Mavic Pro, and are thereby righteous in their existence above the lowly many who must wait in shame. Those guys will be a joy to listen to.

Plus, I really think the combos will start shipping in a day or two... :)

LOL
Rose
hi

how are u

pat
I am well

Rose

pat
I'd have to get it

Rose
okay

pat

Thats my order number

Rose

pat
Okay

Rose

pat
Okay thank you

Rose

I want to say something, just in general. Not once, on any forum or any thread, have I ever read a single chat conversation or email reply from a DJI customer support representative that was intentionally rude, impatient, or disrespectful. Considering the overwhelming amount of support requests that have been initiated during the last 3-4 weeks, that's pretty commendable, and I'm not sure these DJI support individuals have been recognized and credited nearly enough. It's remarkable, if you ask me. I agree that the leaders at DJI have failed at delivering and communicating (trust me, I'm pretty annoyed right now), but these support representatives have done nothing but endlessly deliver patience and communicate all of the knowledge that they have been given. At worse, they've done their jobs by telling customers what they've been told, and doing it with kindness and patience.

Please remember this when speaking with them, because they deserve the same patience and kindness in return, as difficult as that is to do at this point for us.

Check out the Mavic review on B&H. Reviewer claims to have received fly more combo on 10/19. Also gives Mavic a bad review due to battery, O/A, follow mode issues. Fake?

Check out the Mavic review on B&H. Reviewer claims to have received fly more combo on 10/19. Also gives Mavic a bad review due to battery, O/A, follow mode issues. Fake?
I replied to this on another thread..."Would love to know how the the battery on the drone could possibly drain, if anything the RC battery would discharge faster." I call ******** on this review.

Reactions: Brubaker and Shane
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13