DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7"

Can you help me out. I just bought the S2 sm_t713 and just can't figure the dam thing out to get it to connect to the mp. Any work around?
make sure when you plug it into the usb that you pull down the top menu and change the usb options to file transfer or camera. your's is probably on usb charging

Well the supplier I ordered a new Android Tablet from cancelled on me so I fell over to the dark side. I now own a Ipad mini 2. I got frustrated with trying to get my Androids to work without disconnects and lag so I crossed over. I put the DJI go4 on the ipad and it works flawlessly. So if you're still trying to get your android to work smooth good luck. I ran out of patience. Sorry

I want to keep it small and portable so I ordered an iPhone 5C solely to run the controller; when it comes to reliability and robustness, I trust none other than apple ( // before starting a war, I'm not an apple fanboy, I just rely on them for production, the same way I have a pic for gaming and a unix server - I'm not racist )

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The Galaxy Tab 7" is a great option for the Mavic controller. It fits in great, it is well balanced and and you access to the buttons you need. I was using my iPhone 7 plus but had to take it out of its case every time and was worried about dropping it. The brightness can be set so it is very easily viewable in sunlight. It gives me better viewing while I am flying. The memory is upgradable. I have put a 128gb card in it..
I did try my iPad mini, which does fit but feels too big and unbalanced and also has a lot of reflection from normal daylight.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to try and answer them for you...

Happy Flying...

6df7b6e95b826f2fbdc890e90633a48a.jpg

Ghostvizer
The Galaxy Tab 7" is a great option for the Mavic controller. It fits in great, it is well balanced and and you access to the buttons you need. I was using my iPhone 7 plus but had to take it out of its case every time and was worried about dropping it. The brightness can be set so it is very easily viewable in sunlight. It gives me better viewing while I am flying. The memory is upgradable. I have put a 128gb card in it..
I did try my iPad mini, which does fit but feels too big and unbalanced and also has a lot of reflection from normal daylight.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to try and answer them for you...

Happy Flying...

Ghostvizer
Hello Ghostvizer, I use the Tab 7 as well, do have an screen lag during flights? any suggestions?

Hello Ghostvizer, I use the Tab 7 as well, do have an screen lag during flights? any suggestions?
I have the Tab A (2016) 7" and used it without issue but have virtually nothing else installed on the tablet to ensure it is running at it's full potential. With that said, it worked great on DJI Go3 app but crashed several times on DJI Go4 app. I have since picked up a cheap IPad Mini 2 and have been using it instead. Overall, the app for IOS seems to be much better than the Android app in my opinion.

After a few successful flights using the Tab A 7, albeit with noticeable video lag, upgrading to the latest MP firmware and Go4 update has made it all but unusable.
Even with video caching off, and all other apps closed the video feed freezes and the app randomly shows various error messages not reflected by the quads response to controller inputs
I've had none of these problems while using my Asus Zenfone Max phone (also with the updated Go4 app).
I've ordered another Android tablet which from the specs could work, but I'll leave it until I've tried it before mentioning which one.

I've ordered another Android tablet which from the specs could work, but I'll leave it until I've tried it before mentioning which one.
OK, it's a FNF ifive Mini 4s and it works perfectly with the latest Go 4 update. Minimal video lag, no app crashes, screen freezes or random 'error' messages. The screen is a 2048 x 1536 7.9in beauty, 2gb ram 32gb rom and very basic Android 6.01. It just fits into the bottom of the RC arms so a tablet mount isn't absolutely necessary.
Downside is a 4800mah battery good for only ~4hrs, and (on my example) no Google Play store. In any case I had no problem downloading and installing the Go4 app. For ~$125 IMHO it's a good value dedicated Android Mavic device.
Review Review - TechTablets

I also have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) 7" and it works well. I would have to disagree that it has sufficient brightness of the display in high light conditions. I ended up crafting up my own sun shield. It does not draw power fro the RC because it doesn't recognize the power source so you get the battery with a line thru it when it is hooked to the RC which is good since the battery in the tablet will far outlast the RC.
Can I ask you if you are still happy with your Galaxy Tab A (2016) 7" - I am having problems with mine- The Image Lag is quite bad despite Cache Off, all other software killed etc. Especially noticeable when making fast movements ( Fast Turns, High Speed )

I am still using the Tab A 2016, it does have a a lag but I have gotten used to it, the lag I experience is mostly when I am flying at medium to high speed. Most of my flights are slow or hovering for photos and the lag is not as prevelent. It is not a perfect solution but I really do not want to move to an Apple product.

Can I ask you if you are still happy with your Galaxy Tab A (2016) 7" - I am having problems with mine- The Image Lag is quite bad despite Cache Off, all other software killed etc. Especially noticeable when making fast movements ( Fast Turns, High Speed )
Honestly speaking ,I haven't used it for a while now as I was able to pick up an iPad mini 2 for $100 and have been using it instead. It worked fine when I did use it but it had a little lag from time to time as others have mentioned. But not nearly as solid a performer as compared to the iPad mini 2. And for what it's worth, the Go 4 app for IOS seems to have less issues and a few more features.....

Good day. Newbe here.
I have a Note 5 or a Tab s3 connected. Works OK, but did not fly much yet.

Cannot find any settings to use the SD card in stead of the root for the data.

Any idea?

Huib

I returned the Galaxy Tab A 7" ( 4 Core 1.5 Ghz, 1 GB Ram, 8 GB, Android 5.1.1 ) I liked the size but could not get it to work without lag on both DJI GO4 and Litchi ( the lag was so bad there was risk of flying into trees etc ) I have now tried the Galaxy Tab A 10.1" ( SM-P585, 8 Core 1,6 Ghz, 3GB Ram 16 GB, Android 6.0.1 ) No other software installed yet sadly still some amount of lag on Litchi !!
Will try DJI GO4 tomorrow.

So is the census that the Tab A 7" does not work well with the Mav? I was debating on the Tab A 7" or 8" but leaning towards the 7" because it'll fit in the RC arms.

I could not get the Tab A 7 to work without video lag. I am currently using the Tab 10.1 ( 1,6 GHz & 3 GB Ram ) with an adapter & still some lag at times - especially when WiFi is on. My Samsung S7 phone ( 2,3 / 1,6 GHz & 4 GB Ram) works great without lag

I could not get the Tab A 7 to work without video lag. I am currently using the Tab 10.1 ( 1,6 GHz & 3 GB Ram ) with an adapter & still some lag at times - especially when WiFi is on. My Samsung S7 phone ( 2,3 / 1,6 GHz & 4 GB Ram) works great without lag

dayam...I ordered the Tab A 8.

So is the census that the Tab A 7" does not work well with the Mav? I was debating on the Tab A 7" or 8" but leaning towards the 7" because it'll fit in the RC arms.
The Tab A does not have enough cpu horsepower. If you can afford it, get a Tab S2. The T710 model is excellent and works well with GO4.

Happy Flying...

Ghostvizer

Since the last series of mavic Updates, as of 10-10-2017, this tablet will not stay connected to mavic, I keep losing video, it pops in and out. Can you help me fix this issue, please?

Since the last series of mavic Updates, as of 10-10-2017, this tablet will not stay connected to mavic, I keep losing video, it pops in and out. Can you help me fix this issue, please?
Sorry to say that there's no 'fix' for this problem other than replacing your tablet. The Galaxy TabA 7 simply hasn't enough resources to run Go4 reliably. Mine became unusable with the update to Go 4.07.
You should look for a device with at least 2Gb Ram and 2GHz CPU speed.
My own choice was a Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus (AKA Lenovo Tab8) which runs the App with no problems, but there are others. Many (but not all) are listed on DJI's list of recommended devices: Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock