DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

2257243eb203fbbff6684422b0b760b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

thumb_IMG_0019_1024.jpg
From my Leica photography days I had this Domke F-803 satchel lying around. Perfect for the Mavic - a very compact, lightweight package!
Extra Mavic battery in one of the front pockets. A few spare blades in the other one. Spare SD card, FAA registration, checklist and misc. small stuff in the top-front zip-pockets.
When I bring it (not sure yet if I want to fly with it that often), I have my iPad mini in the back pocket.
I have gone on long walks with it slung over my shoulder and I hardly notice it is even there at all. Love it!

I have the controller in the bag, but in a protective pouch (not pictured) for now as I want to keep the knobs straight. I have ordered a thingie for the controller that will protect and park them straight and don't think I will need the pouch after that.

original.jpg

original.jpg

WOW Thanks for reminding...From my news stringing days....

thumb_IMG_0028_1024.jpg thumb_IMG_0036_1024.jpg

I got the 'fly more' kit but the bag that comes with it is just not my style so I use this 6" wide x 12" tall sling bag instead.
I added some padding to it for additional protection and it holds everything with room to spare.

View attachment 2430
Looks real nice. 1) Brand? 2) Does it hold the fly more package and how many batteries? Thks.

I have the Mavic with battery, 2 extra batteries, car charger, extra props, my paperwork and USB adapter battery plug. There is room for more but thats all I need. I leave my AC charger at home but it would fit. Keep in mind it is only padded on the back (it has a bladder holder) and I added my own thick padding to the inside to give extra protection.

I got it at a flea market type place in AZ called Mesa Marketplace for just under $20.
I have since found it on Amazon for more - 12" 800cu. in. Tactical Sling Shoulder Hiking Backpack TL312 TAN
Here is the makers site - Home

IMG_3744.jpg

I am using the DJI one, that came with the "Fly More" kit.
I am finding that it was designed for when the controller had removable control sticks.
As they don't come out now, it turns out that one has to be extra careful and insert the controller slanted so the sticks won't be forced :(

MK

I am using the DJI one, that came with the "Fly More" kit.
I am finding that it was designed for when the controller had removable control sticks.
As they don't come out now, it turns out that one has to be extra careful and insert the controller slanted so the sticks won't be forced :(

MK

I think most people (or at least myself) are using a stick guard to prevent the sticks from getting moved in the bag, or any bag really.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The controller sticks ARE still removable. Most people are just choosing not to remove them because they're concerned the repeated force may damage the controller eventually.
I found a video showing it done. I personally won't be doing this as it appears that is just the way it is assembled. No where in the manual does it mention removing the sticks and I do not believe DJI intended them to come out on a regular basis. My feeling is the sockets will become worn with use and the sticks will not stay in eventually. If they wanted them to be removable they would be threaded into a nutsert.

Remote stick removal confirmed

If they wanted them to be removable they would be threaded into a nutsert.

Of course, it could also be said that if they didn't want them to be removable, they would have glued them in. I have no idea if DJI intended them to be removed or not, but they definitely are removable. That being said, I leave mine installed.

I think most people (or at least myself) are using a stick guard to prevent the sticks from getting moved in the bag, or any bag really.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Do you think the controller needs stick protection while its nestled in a hard case? I'll be using a pelican case attached to a motorcycle, the foam should keep the sticks from any movement.

Do you think the controller needs stick protection while its nestled in a hard case? I'll be using a pelican case attached to a motorcycle, the foam should keep the sticks from any movement.
They key thing is that the sticks are straight up when storing it away in your bag or case.

From the manual - Mavic Manual

Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 3.04.30 PM✨.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks