DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins vs Naked for Mavic ?

View attachment 31838 View attachment 31837 I like that look of the carbon fiber on the iPad. I’ll have to look into that.

You're thinking the carbon fiber on the iPad would be damaged by "the loving arms" of the RC if you tried to mount the device that way?

One possible solution is to, like me, almost never remove the iPad from those loving arms, as mine is dedicated to flying.

Edit: Just noted the joysticks cover is on upside down, but don't have time to correct it now.

20180220_102120_HDR.jpg 20180220_102150_HDR.jpg

1EE11D72-C003-43E3-8E93-6E7318FEEA21.jpeg I hav the Mavmount. I did use the arms for a while. I find themavmount works much nicer. I just ordered the carbon fiber wrap for iPad I found it on Amazon.

Thi is the case I have. It holds everything I need very nicely.

Attachments

• 420AB50A-46CC-4949-B6EC-BBA73FD6E68E.jpeg
    420AB50A-46CC-4949-B6EC-BBA73FD6E68E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
0f4dfb23ef06be6b297fc9f82da7f71c.jpg
0f4dfb23ef06be6b297fc9f82da7f71c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I love this look! I also like the numbering on the batteries. I have done underside with a label printer. Much cooler on yours!

Check out DroneWrap (at least it used to be DroneWrap...looks like they use the name WrapGrade now). High quality wrap that covers 95% of the MP.

WRAPGRADE.JP

MavicPro.jpg

Reactions: Teflon9-1-1
I love this look! I also like the numbering on the batteries. I have done underside with a label printer. Much cooler on yours!
I went with a white skin to try to keep the mavic Pro a little cooler because black attracts heat from the SunIMG_20180513_110240.jpegMVIMG_20180512_150242.jpeg

I'm not really a fan of skins, but looking through some of these images I see some that looks and are well done both in the way the person who created the skin with minimal "gaps" and some really good application by the owner...

My problem with skins is after some use they start to lift in the corners. Cloth cases and the like pull catch and pull on the corners eventually leading to lift which looks crappy. Then some skins have such huge gaps along seams or places like between the chassis and battery it looks exactly like a "sticker". IMO, a skin shouldn't look like a sticker.

But it's the "lifting" I don't like....

FYI - you can put your battery label numbers on the bottom of the battery if you don't want to detract from the overall look of the skin but still want to keep track of which battery is which.

Then some skins have such huge gaps along seams or places like between the chassis and battery it looks exactly like a "sticker". IMO, a skin shouldn't look like a sticker.
But it's the "lifting" I don't like....

I hear you. With the DroneWrap from Japan, there are zero gaps, and so far, after 6 months I have experienced no lifting or peeling up from the stickers. I DO handle it with care however. The DroneWrap also takes forever to apply, because they are such large pieces that cover 95% of the drone completely and very accurately. It takes a steady hand and a lot of patience, but the end result is fantastic. It does not look like a decal, IMO, and you can barely see the edges, and there aren't that many edges due to being printed in such large pieces. I believe the DroneWraps are also just about the most expensive skins available, but well worth it IMO. (Why spend $1000 on a drone and then skimp and save $20 on a cheaper skin?) It's like buying a Ferrari without the leather.

This "Coloration X" skin changes colors depending on the angle of the light - very trippy.

Mavic Skin Color X.jpg
giphy.gif

Mavic Coloration X 2.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman