DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The fastest way to get a Mavic

Thanks. Looks like Best Buy had some for sale today. I'm going to place my order through Apple and just keep an eye out for Best Buy.

My Apple order has been sitting in the queue since Dec 9., I called to check on the status and they said to wait until first week of January 2017.

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
Another update:

Ordered from Best Buy on Friday.
Just received it. (Well my wife signed for it and confirmed Mavic box).

I'll update firmware, read manual for the millionth time tonight and do some takeoff/landing practice tomorrow.
Good for you! I put my Apple order in today. I'll keep an eye on Best Buy and if I get lucky I'll cancel Apple. I had set an alert for Best Buy to let me know when they had some in stock but it didn't work.

Gah. Best Buy shipped it with the WORST carrier ever, OnTrac. It says that it should be here today, but Ontrac just told me that it never left the origin location and that it will be here tomorrow. Too bad I leave for Europe tomorrow at 9AM. Pieces of ******* ****.

Good for you! I put my Apple order in today. I'll keep an eye on Best Buy and if I get lucky I'll cancel Apple. I had set an alert for Best Buy to let me know when they had some in stock but it didn't work.

Apple won't let me cancel in processing for 2 weeks now

Gah. Best Buy shipped it with the WORST carrier ever, OnTrac. It says that it should be here today, but Ontrac just told me that it never left the origin location and that it will be here tomorrow. Too bad I leave for Europe tomorrow at 9AM. Pieces of ******* ****.
Is there a way you can have it held at one of their pickup locations?

Ordered from pcrush thru the newegg site for flymore on 12/17. Got shipment notify of fedex pickup in the last hour for delivery 12/21.

It left TX at 12:12pm today headed for GA.....come on fedex update...I am going nuts lol

I received today and nearly had a boo-boo. I updated firmware, calibrated and on the first take off it went sky high then drop altitude just as fast with no movement from the sticks.

During this episode I got a battery error and another error on the controller (did not catch the error code). Luckily the drone stop about 3 feet off the ground and I hand catched it...then it tried to go up again (no input from anything).

I'm sure it was some kind of error from my end, will need to post log to find out what happened.

Mannn im stuck here in Australia without my Mavic (ordered on 16 October) and all you guys ordering in December and receiving them now makes me jealous and angry at DJI :(o_O

I guess I have to wait yet another day...My shipping date went from Wed to Tues and back to Wednesday again....So tomorrow it is.

I received today and nearly had a boo-boo. I updated firmware, calibrated and on the first take off it went sky high then drop altitude just as fast with no movement from the sticks.

During this episode I got a battery error and another error on the controller (did not catch the error code). Luckily the drone stop about 3 feet off the ground and I hand catched it...then it tried to go up again (no input from anything).

I'm sure it was some kind of error from my end, will need to post log to find out what happened.

This is the reason I am on the fence on updating firmware and let us know how it goes from this point moving forward. My aircraft is one firmware behind. There is another thread on this forum regarding issues after firmware upgrade if you want to read more about it, some are not having any issues at all.

I guess I have to wait yet another day...My shipping date went from Wed to Tues and back to Wednesday again....So tomorrow it is.

I heard Ontrac sucks...

I saw a recent post about using nowinstock.net to set up an alert to tell me when Best Buy had some inventory. It worked great, I got an alert on my phone and scooped it up. I think its about the only way you'll have any luck getting one early at Best Buy, the window of availability is only a few minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_