DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

We are not pilots

No you are a remote pilot and you are flying an aircraft. If you think any other way then you are not being safe and not being serious about what you do. We have had this discussion a thousand times, just search the forum.
You’re absolutely correct! Thanks for clearing that up:) and any further discussion about this is a moot point!

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Thanks for sharing the photo of your duvet cover, nice brown circles;)
guess they are in a roundabout sort of way

I can really see you in that KFC hat when flying, that makes you a real pilot;)
i know at least i am not chicken

i think we are getting off topic now what the heck was this post about Hats?

I strongly disagree with you on being pilots. I know it is a term that people want to use to sound impressive, but calling oneself a pilot does not make you one. As you say, "we have had this discussion many times", still just an operator of a little quad that goes up and always comes down.

Sir-I feel diminished by your remarks.My manhood is based on my perception of myself as a pilot not a mere operator.When I am out clubbing,I describe myself as a pilot.I don't believe operator would allow me the success I've had at "reeling" them in.

ms-A7sdjb.gif

According to Merriam-Webster:

pilot
noun
pi·lot | \ˈpī-lət

1a: one employed to steer a ship : HELMSMAN
b: a person who is qualified and usually licensed to conduct a ship into and out of a port or in specified waters
c: a person who flies or is qualified to fly an aircraft or spacecraft

We fly aircraft, thus we are pilots.
I agree. We have to also follow laws and there can be licenses that have to be obtained. There are also restricted areas too.

Reactions: Former Member
Sir-I feel diminished by your remarks.My manhood is based on my perception of myself as a pilot not a mere operator.When I am out clubbing,I describe myself as a pilot.I don't believe operator would allow me the success I've had at "reeling" them in.
And THAT... is why Pilot Whales get so much action in the ocean! You smooth operator, you.

I agree. We have to also follow laws and there can be licenses that have to be obtained. There are also restricted areas too.

According to Merriam-Webster:

pilot
noun
pi·lot | \ˈpī-lət

1a: one employed to steer a ship : HELMSMAN
b: a person who is qualified and usually licensed to conduct a ship into and out of a port or in specified waters
c: a person who flies or is qualified to fly an aircraft or spacecraft

Guy, guys... you are failing to understand that this definition was created waaaaay back when an aircraft was sat in and steered through the air, by the pilot. I'm sure the new release for this coming year or two will specify drone flyers as "Operators". Only those who sit in the front left seat while in the air with the controls in their hands, can be a pilot. Or maybe they can now add the word "Real" to those pilots that fly in the actual aircraft. I see that there is no mention of those boys who drive around a race track in their cars, who now also like to call themselves "Pilots". So that definition can not be taken as gospel.

i would say that we have piloted our way through this subject and its time we flew the coop

Reactions: 2nckayakers
Interesting conversation. I never heard a similar conversation in all my years of flying RC airplanes. When I do that should I call myself an RC airplane operater?

Interesting conversation. I never heard a similar conversation in all my years of flying RC airplanes. When I do that should I call myself an RC airplane operater?
No maybe you call yourself an RC airplane stick fiddler. (sarcasm implied) LOL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock