DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

10 flight limitation

wps72701

Reactions
Does anyone know how to hack/remove the SE’s 10-flight-limit-before-connecting to the internet? I find it very annoying!

• Haha
Reactions: NDWildBill
As a matter of interest what version of the App is this with?
I recollect that there was a thread not-so-long-ago where this was the ................oh it might be yours from Nov 6th.

its very easy just create a DJI account and it will go away
I have an account. I’m logged in. I have fly away insurance. The drone is bound to my account as is the controller. I’m flummoxed! The 10 flight countdown decrements after every remote flight and resets to 10 after connecting.

@wps72701 sorry then thats a new one for me never had an issue like that before
one thing you could try ,is to delete the fly App and then reinstall it again ,have you got your DJI account details written down ,password ect ,if you go into the App where it shows your info and the flight information it should show you as logged in to your account try logging out ,then set everything up as if you were going to fly and when it askes for your E Mail address and password enter them and see if the issue is resolved with the ten flight message

I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled; I’ve logged out and back in; I’ve unbound and bound again the drone; I’ve started to unbind the controller and got a message about limited flights. (you may have seen the screen shot in my previous post). I’ve called tech support who recommended most of the above. I called them a second time and they said the limitation was for real. Does anyone else with an SE have this limitation?

I get it too, just checked all my setting logged in and bound. It's asked me to update, and I am so obviously I'm connected to the internet. Hopefully it'll go away.
Edit: it's gone away, it'll be interesting to see what happens next time I fire her up.

Last edited:
I get it too, just checked all my setting logged in and bound. It's asked me to update, and I am so obviously I'm connected to the internet. Hopefully it'll go away.
Edit: it's gone away, it'll be interesting to see what happens next time I fire her up.
I’d be very interested in the results of the update.

Which Fly App version did you use? I found that version 1.5.1 has some bug for Mini SE, that often times your DJI account is logged out for unknown reason.. restarted the app, and it is automaticly login again.. it is just annoying..

Simple solution: revert back to version 1.4.12 or something

Reactions: Crash and Burn
Which Fly App version did you use? I found that version 1.5.1 has some bug for Mini SE, that often times your DJI account is logged out for unknown reason.. restarted the app, and it is automaticly login again.. it is just annoying..

Simple solution: revert back to version 1.4.12 or something
1.5.0. How do I revert back to previous version?

Can you update me on what happened? Is the limitation gone or still there?

1.5.0. How do I revert back to previous version?
For Android.
The following is based on going back from pre 1.5, where the flight logs were accessed via the path Computer\phone's_name\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord
to something earlier

1) back up you logs to computer
2) unistall the app
3) use the computer to delete the entire dji.go.v5 folder
4) Download, to your computer, from one of the Apk repositories the Apk of the version you wish to use. Copy the Apk to your phone.
5) On the phone find the Apk and install it, you will likely have to give permission to install from an unkown source but on my phone this permission lasts for ONLY the install being attempted.
6) Log in to the App etc. and fly a flight using it then copy your saved flight logs back to the app, be sure to put them in the correct folders, i.e. txt's go in Flightecord, DAT's go in the MCDatFlightRecords subfolder.

From memory the "FlightRecord" folder IS NOT created until the app 'flies' a flight, hence "fly a flight" in 6).

Note, 3) may not be necessary and not doing it may leave your existing flight logs on the phone but I do it 'anyway'. Backing the logs up is probably a good idea just in case something goes wrong.

Reverting from 1.5 might be slightly different from the above because somewhere amongst the 1.5 versions the storage location for the flight logs moves to
Computer\phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord
I am not sure if an earlier version App could move them back to
Computer\phone's_name\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord

So if you want your old Flight logs to show in the profile you may have to move them from the 1.5 location to the earlier location. You might be able to do this directly post install using the computer but I think I would be inclined to copy or move them to the computer first and then copy or move them to their new home when the app is up nad running.

When reverting from 1.5 I DO NOT know about removing the folder Computer\phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5
but if you leave it I would be inclined to REMOVE/DELETE the folder
Why? Because the folder system
Computer\phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files
exists in earlier versions of the App but the folder "files" is empty, having something in there might cause problems.

For Android.
The following is based on going back from pre 1.5, where the flight logs were accessed via the path Computer\phone's_name\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord
to something earlier

1) back up you logs to computer
2) unistall the app
3) use the computer to delete the entire dji.go.v5 folder
4) Download, to your computer, from one of the Apk repositories the Apk of the version you wish to use. Copy the Apk to your phone.
5) On the phone find the Apk and install it, you will likely have to give permission to install from an unkown source but on my phone this permission lasts for ONLY the install being attempted.
6) Log in to the App etc. and fly a flight using it then copy your saved flight logs back to the app, be sure to put them in the correct folders, i.e. txt's go in Flightecord, DAT's go in the MCDatFlightRecords subfolder.

From memory the "FlightRecord" folder IS NOT created until the app 'flies' a flight, hence "fly a flight" in 6).

Note, 3) may not be necessary and not doing it may leave your existing flight logs on the phone but I do it 'anyway'. Backing the logs up is probably a good idea just in case something goes wrong.

Reverting from 1.5 might be slightly different from the above because somewhere amongst the 1.5 versions the storage location for the flight logs moves to
I am not sure if an earlier version App could move them back to
Computer\phone's_name\Phone\DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord

So if you want your old Flight logs to show in the profile you may have to move them from the 1.5 location to the earlier location. You might be able to do this directly post install using the computer but I think I would be inclined to copy or move them to the computer first and then copy or move them to their new home when the app is up nad running.

When reverting from 1.5 I DO NOT know about removing the folder Computer\phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5
but if you leave it I would be inclined to REMOVE/DELETE the folder
Why? Because the folder system
Computer\phone's_name\Phone\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files
exists in earlier versions of the App but the folder "files" is empty, having something in there might cause problems.
I appreciate your help. However I’m an iPhone user. I would guess if reverting under iOS were possible it would be just as complicated.

I would guess if reverting under iOS were possible it would be just as complicated.
Sorry I don't think it is possible for IOS but could be wrong.
But I didn't mean to give the impression that the Android procedure is complicated, it's not, it took much longer to type the procedure than it does to execute it.
Yes, I have done Android go back to an earlier version of FLY several times.

Still there, this is absurd! Obviously connected to the internet because I downloaded an update and my app tells me I'm bound. I'm down to 5 flights, how are you connecting to get a new countdown?
I wonder if this a restriction on all SEs or if we’ve the only unfortunate ones. My count gets reset when I turn on drone, app and controller and connect to the internet. When I’m remote, I’m using a hotspot off cell phone and it resets there. Please keep me posted on your results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan