DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

100% You will crash

only if you fly careless and out of VLOS
I had a crash recently when one of the battery's cells failed. auto landed ok in marsh grass but by the time I found a boater to take me there the tide had washed over and ruined it.Battery was out of warranty time wise as was drone.Used my last carerefresh.

Mine hasn't fallen out of the sky or impacted hard yet. I have brought it down through some tree branches and cut some needles off a pine tree branch. My depth perception couldn't tell if I was too close or not. I used the camera view and the screen sensor indicators to get it clear.

Is this a true reasonable statement. Not crashed mine yet but sure it will happen.
10% chance onle 100 if you fly like an idiot and do stupid things please dont do stupid things with the mini if you do and others do the weight restricktion will be lifted and well all have to register the thing .. they will even make toy drones register maybe not ones that fly for 3 minutes but anything palm sized and above.. and its those 5 peole that ruin it for all of us.. blacksheep fpv that sweedish guy is the one that ruined it for all of us.... he flew into a person on a college campus about 5 feet off the ground he was 2 miles away flying around corners of the school and almost blinded someone since then since fpv came out its ruined it for the rest of us because of people like that.. so donnnttttt do anything to make them pass more laws

Reactions: StubbornSwiss
But if you fly like Mr.Steele you will crash soon or later.

If I had 10% of the skill he has I would be happy!

I have 4 drones, 3 of them used outside and haven't crashed any of them yet (I have had a few near misses, and I am sure my time will come but basically I fly carefully).

My mini hasn't flown much yet and has behaved a little oddly a couple of times but I guess we are all relatively early adopters of it and I am hopeful firmware will sort things - in my case I had plenty safety margin anyway.

Generally speaking, modern GPS drones are amazingly forgiving if they don't have an equipment failure.

My 4th drone a Parrot Mambo is normally flown indoors and it's fair to say that has crashed into quite a few things!

As it has been posted here before by someone with more experience than me. If you are a newbie just remember "low and slow".

"Slow" OK! That's good but "Low?" Flying low tends to hit things!

If OA (object avoidance) is facing the sun it'll stop you for no reason or not work properly. Why take the chance? Find the highest obstacle in your VLOS area & set your baby about 10' above it, then fly slow... Nothing stops "learning" faster than a bad CRASH!

"Slow" OK! That's good but "Low?" Flying low tends to hit things!

If OA (object avoidance) is facing the sun it'll stop you for no reason or not work properly. Why take the chance? Find the highest obstacle in your VLOS area & set your baby about 10' above it, then fly slow... Nothing stops "learning" faster than a bad CRASH!
By low, I am sure the person that originally posted that statement didn't mean 10 feet off the ground. Probably meant around 100 feet or so. And also keep in mind that we are talking about the Mavic Mini in this regard which only has the bottom landing sensors, not the front facing obstacle avoidance sensors.

By low, I am sure the person that originally posted that statement didn't mean 10 feet off the ground. Probably meant around 100 feet or so. And also keep in mind that we are talking about the Mavic Mini in this regard which only has the bottom landing sensors, not the front facing obstacle avoidance sensors.
Do you think...

If you fly an fpv racing drone you will surely crash. Every time you fly.
If you fly a mavic there is no reason you will crash. Unless you fail to follow instructions.
After all it flies itself if you take your thumbs off.

I am new and overly cautious, and I haven't crashed mine yet (45ish flights). I have gotten really close to a tree (was panning around an object and looking at the screen and all of the sudden there were tree branches directly to the left of the drone) and yesterday I took off and in a bit of a rush nearly ascended right into telephone/cable lines on a pole. I got lucky both times and noticed the impending doom before it happened, but it was such a good reminder to be aware of my surroundings. I am usually really good with that, but there's always that one time you forget. I imagine I'll eventually crash the thing (I had a close encounter with a flock of birds yesterday also) but that's why I got DJI Refresh.

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one. But for drones, yes I've had quite a few, some were analyzed on this forum. One covered with DJI Care, two covered under regular warranty, one flyaway in remote area paid by State Farm Personal Articles Policy. Had a few just broken prop flops and one with cut fingers. Ouch!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis