DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1049 meters distance for mini 2 and signal breaks up

Look in the transmission tab (with the drone connected) at the horizontal 1km line. If it lands at 91db, it’s CE. If it lags at 87, it’s FCC. There aren’t two different models, it’s all controlled from software. If you’re in CE, you get the FCC modded app and there ya go.
it seems to be right on 90

I appreciate all the feed back but still haven't gotten an answer for why im only getting a little over 1000 meters is it faulty or is it the CE mode doing it ?

I appreciate all the feed back but still haven't gotten an answer for why im only getting a little over 1000 meters is it faulty or is it the CE mode doing it ?
My experience is that it can fly three times further than this in FCC comfortably and the limiting factor is the battery for RTH. In CE mode it flies double this at least, even in urban areas.

when you fly, your not in a closed environment? I would say to try in a rural area like you mentioned also…

My experience is that it can fly three times further than this in FCC comfortably and the limiting factor is the battery for RTH. In CE mode it flies double this at least, even in urban areas.

when you fly, your not in a closed environment? I would say to try in a rural area like you mentioned also…
Well dji checked serial numbers and said its a fcc model but you say it should fly 3 times as far in fcc mode in heavy interference and at least double that at the very least n CE mode so what i take is there is something seriously wrong with the drone either way

Well dji checked serial numbers and said its a fcc model but you say it should fly 3 times as far in fcc mode in heavy interference and at least double iat the very least n CE mode so what i take is there is something seriously wrong with the drone either way
It’s sounds like your drone is in in CE transmission mode based on the previous comments. Your profile says location is Canada, is the FCC?

it’s hard to know really, without a bit more detail on where you are flying it.

My experience is from flying in a town but taking off in an open space, I can’t determine the interference level.

It’s sounds like your drone is in in CE transmission mode based on the previous comments. Your profile says location is Canada, is the FCC?

it’s hard to know really, without a bit more detail on where you are flying it.

My experience is from flying in a town but taking off in an open space, I can’t determine the interference level

Yes Tab A (2019) no problems with it running fly im just a noob to this drone thing mini 2 is very first purchase and only have 8 flights but i must say after seeing other people flights on youtube and posts i am very disappointed with the range of my mini feels like a toy i bought from toys r us

Anyone else not see the problem with losing the signal at 3000 feet when the specs below are much more

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 18
Anyone else not see the problem with losing the signal at 3000 feet when the specs below are much more
I tested my mini 2 today in open countryside, launching from the top of a large hill (CE model in UK).
After approx 1000m it starts to lose connection, with the video breakng up. I'm also a bit disappointed with the overall range.
Interestingly, when reviewing the flight in the fly app, it shows that the connection was fine throughout. Odd.

I tested my mini 2 today in open countryside, launching from the top of a large hill (CE model in UK).
After approx 1000m it starts to lose connection, with the video breakng up. I'm also a bit disappointed with the overall range.
Interestingly, when reviewing the flight in the fly app, it shows that the connection was fine throughout. Odd.
Any radio tower or anything close by?

Any radio tower or anything close by?
i am supposedly running in fcc mode and start losing signal at 1000 meters , give it im testing in a small town of 10,000 with houses around i still think i should get better when the specs say better . I too am totally disappointed will try 1 more flight in the country and if i cant get close to the specs it will be returned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 12
i am supposedly running in fcc mode and start losing signal at 1000 meters , give it im testing in a small town of 10,000 with houses around i still think i should get better when the specs say better . I too am totally disappointed will try 1 more flight in the country and if i cant get close to the specs it will be

on the
i am supposedly running in fcc mode and start losing signal at 1000 meters , give it im testing in a small town of 10,000 with houses around i still think i should get better when the specs say better . I too am totally disappointed will try 1 more flight in the country and if i cant get close to the specs it will be returned.
Yeah fair enough. Just in the specs, go on the DJI specs below

Attachments

• 32711E84-4CF8-499D-B184-D12D8A760269.png
    32711E84-4CF8-499D-B184-D12D8A760269.png
    605 KB · Views: 13
on the

Yeah fair enough. Just in the specs, go on the DJI specs below
ya i have read dji spec and realize everything is mostly optimum conditions if that drone cant do any better then 1000 meters in light interference like alot of people i read are saying for some reason. There will be no repeat business or upgrades to better drones or new purchases in that case with the performance like that i would imagine.
p.s. im lucky amazon will take everything back tablet, drone and tablet holder no questions asked till may 5 th

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake