DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1049 meters distance for mini 2 and signal breaks up

That screen shot shows the drone over 3000M away and still having full signal strength. I think that is great but I'm new to drones too and just recently got the Mini 2. I can't offer any comparison for that kind of distance though, as I have never flown any where near that far.

Do you have a need or desire to fly further or are you just testing the drone to see if it meets specs?
i was just checking specs since earlier in a urban environment i was only getting around 1000 meters

well my thoughts are simple on this subject it is kind of like buying a luxury sport car that the manufacturer says will do 200 plus mile an hour that you cant drive any where near that fast in the u.s. or canada but people buy them and if i bought one and it wouldn't go any faster then 60 miles an hour i would be **** mad !!
p.s the point is if they say it will do it then it should do it. and i think the better the quality the signal the better the reliability and performance of the drone at any distance.

well my thoughts are simple on this subject it is kind of like buying a luxury sport car that the manufacturer says will do 200 plus mile an hour that you cant drive any where near that fast in the u.s. or canada but people buy them and if i bought one and it wouldn't go any faster then 60 miles an hour i would be **** mad !!
p.s the point is if they say it will do it then it should do it. and i think the better the quality the signal the better the reliability and performance of the drone at any distance.

The equivalence is not them saying it will do 200mph. It’s them saying it will do 60mpg *in ideal conditions*. Which it will, but ideal conditions are tough to replicate, especially in cities.

Reactions: ckoerner and Kilrah
The equivalence is not them saying it will do 200mph. It’s them saying it will do 60mpg *in ideal conditions*. Which it will, but ideal conditions are tough to replicate, especially in cities.
look at the specs for a ferrari it will say a top speed in specs and i guarantee it wont say it will do at least 60 mph but if thats all it did would you complain ?? if thats all it done on the daytona oval track or the 0-60 time in the specs was off by 300 %. If thats the case they may as well say it is good for 100 miles or 500 miles if thats the case

look at the specs for a ferrari it will say a top speed in specs and i guarantee it wont say it will do at least 60 mph but if thats all it did would you complain ?? if thats all it done on the daytona oval track or the 0-60 time in the specs was off by 300 %. If thats the case they may as well say it is good for 100 miles or 500 miles if thats the case

I’ve no idea what you’re on about :) Top speed of a car and max range of a transmission system are not comparable. One of them is just marginally affected by real world conditions while for the other it’s the defining factor.

Reactions: Kilrah
I’ve no idea what you’re on about :) Top speed of a car and max range of a transmission system are not comparable. One of them is just marginally affected by real world conditions while for the other it’s the defining factor.
its just a comparison of a manufacturers claim that i believe when they say a product should perform a certain way then it should pretty simple :)
p.s. if you look above in the post showing the distance of my drone at 3 km with only 1 bar lost of signal im very happy with that.

Last edited:
Lets face it. There are places where distance flying can safely be done. In these places it should be taken advantage of. So by making sure your bird is up to the challenge it should be tested. No one is going to spend a day climbing a mountain to fly their drone a few hundred meters.

its just a comparison of a manufacturers claim that i believe when they say a product should perform a certain way then it should pretty simple :)
p.s. if you look above in the post showing the distance of my drone at 3 km with only 1 bar lost of signal im very happy with that.
So are you happy now? ?

Great! From my point of view the Mini 2 is pretty much perfect now with 4K and Occusync, especially in FCC mode.
only problem now is i clipped a branch the drone fell from about 4 feet and broke the front leg amazon was great replaced it no questions asked even knowing what happened so i never had to use dji care refresh any ways flew yesterday and recorded in 4 k with sd cards in both tablet and drone came home played the video back from the sd card on my laptop and was so choppy i ended up just deleting it any ideas ?

Oh, well that's unfortunate!

On the choppy video issue, few queries I would have
  1. Did you play directly from the SD Card or copy to your computer and play from there?
  2. Does it only occur on the first playback or on subsequent playbacks also?

Oh, well that's unfortunate!

On the choppy video issue, few queries I would have
  1. Did you play directly from the SD Card or copy to your computer and play from there?
  2. Does it only occur on the first playback or on subsequent playbacks also?
i played it directly from sd card it is a high quality sd with 160mb r/w speed that was the first time recording at 4 k

Could you try copying to your computer and trying to play again?
its sandisk extreme160 mb read write speed and no it wasnt a important video so i deleted it what i found strange also was that it was 1 continous video recording but was divided up into 4 different videos on the card?

The video you sent to your phone is not 4k. Just the video recorded on the drone.

Video sent to your phone is broken up into 4G max files. Se response #14 in following thread.

The video you sent to your phone is not 4k. Just the video recorded on the drone.

Video sent to your phone is broken up into 4G max files. Se response #14 in following thread.
not sure if it was sent to the tablet or just the drone sd card just curious why it was so choppy playing it back from the drones sd card

I misunderstood. It should not be choppy from the drones card. I have had choppy video on the phone, but never on the drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan