DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1049 meters distance for mini 2 and signal breaks up

I misunderstood. It should not be choppy from the drones card. I have had choppy video on the phone, but never on the drone.
but really the computer should not matter i would think because its all ready recorded it should be the same as playing a dvd in theory

Could be your computer. It might not be able to handle the 4k playback. My laptop will usually play 4k but I cannot edit in 4k.

Reactions: Thomas B
its sandisk extreme160 mb read write speed and no it wasnt a important video so i deleted it what i found strange also was that it was 1 continous video recording but was divided up into 4 different videos on the card?
Can you try another one? Sometimes I have found that the video can stutter at the first view sometimes, but when re-played it's fine. Might be some sort of cache issue I guess.

Also, what device are you trying to watch the video on?

Can you try another one? Sometimes I have found that the video can stutter at the first view sometimes, but when re-played it's fine. Might be some sort of cache issue I guess.

Also, what device are you trying to watch the video on?
i deleted it will try it again next flight and see what happens

Reactions: waffles985
Please do and let us know
recorded another 4k video done the same choppy as hell on the laptop played from card and copied to computer no difference tried vlc media player on puter but it was worse would start playing but video wouldnt move , will play no problem from aircraft in dji fly app with the tablet hooked to controller

Yup, if you don't have a modern GPU in there you can forget about 4K, it's a 10 year old CPU that didn't have 4K decoding hardware yet and is way too slow for software decoding.

Yup, if you don't have a modern GPU in there you can forget about 4K, it's a 10 year old CPU that didn't have 4K decoding hardware yet and is way too slow for software decoding.
well not really too worried about the 4 k im happy with 1080p just wanted to make sure it wasnt the camera thanks for the info buddy.

sounds more like mavic mini performance not mini 2, anyways should i return it or am i missing something ?
Gufferr what did you do to fix the issue? I can’t get over 3,000ft range or the signal is lost and it has to RTH. It’s an awesome drone but how am I getting .5 mile range on y that says 6 miles. I know my conditions aren’t optimal and their are a lot of trees on my property but shouldn’t it go farther?

Gufferr what did you do to fix the issue? I can’t get over 3,000ft range or the signal is lost and it has to RTH. It’s an awesome drone but how am I getting .5 mile range on y that says 6 miles. I know my conditions aren’t optimal and their are a lot of trees on my property but shouldn’t it go farther?
6 miles is in perfect conditions with no wind which isn’t realistic??

how much clearance do you have in front of you before the trees start?

Dji should say 1000 meters then not say 4000 in heavy interference but not problem i have till march 24 th to return it no questions asked :)
Ever hear of marketing hype. The super long range "claimed" is exactly that under very optimal conditions.

Can you even see the drone at 3,000ft out? That is the real question as VLOS is real and are part of the rules for drone flight.

Flying around trees and other obstructions WILL cause loss of signal and many times less than 3,000 ft out. Depends on how high you are - say 150 ft - will increase signal loss than say at 400 ft when obstructions are present.

Anyone flying drones for a few months knows the hype is just that and expecting a drone to fly perfectly under all conditions is not going to happen.

Be happy that is can go 3,000 ft and again - if you can see it that far - great for you, but most of us won't be able to see esp a Mini / Mini 2 that far out even with strobes. I can't see my larger Air2 that far out and I rarely push the 1/8 mile distance due to conditions like trees, power lines, etc. I also don't feel like losing my drone either and trying to find it that far out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez