DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2017 Epic Year of Drone Compilation

Alex- Where can I sign up for your master class ? This is sheer mastery of all categories.

Location Scouting -
Shot planning and execution - Preflight tips, Weather -
Use of Accessories , Filters, Device Choices-
Tone Mapping / Creative Editing Fundamentals- Workflow, Software, Plugins/Add Ons, and Publishing -

You should honestly create a video DVD that covers these topics in detail. Section by section and then sell it as course work to those of us that would like to achieve similar results.

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate them!... This is something I'm definitely going to think about in the near future especially with the amount of plans I have this year to drone. I never thought of doing something like this, but if people think it would help then maybe I'll have to! Thanks again and I appreciate your support!

Well , your footage is so well put together (edited) and the colors and clarity are spot on. You obviously put in alot of time and work as it shows.

I am sure that others could benefit from some of the knowledge you have gained during the time you have put in with your Mavic Pro.

The only thing is that it would create more work for you as you would have to change some of your focus from just following your process to documenting the steps and making them presentable.

If there is some way that I could help just let me know.

Reactions: Alec Smirts
Well , your footage is so well put together (edited) and the colors and clarity are spot on. You obviously put in alot of time and work as it shows.

I am sure that others could benefit from some of the knowledge you have gained during the time you have put in with your Mavic Pro.

The only thing is that it would create more work for you as you would have to change some of your focus from just following your process to documenting the steps and making them presentable.

If there is some way that I could help just let me know.

I appreciate it! I'll definitely reach out to you when I start planning this!

A question for anybody who was watched this. If I were to enter this into the New York City Drone Festival, should I enter it in the "SHOW REEL" category or should I enter it in the "LANDSCAPE & ARCHITECTURE" category?

Depends. Ask yourself this question. " Does I want this work to be viewed as an encapsulation of all of my best footage" If the answer is yes then its your show reel. If the answer is no then add it to landscape and architecture

Great stuff Alec superb work . As someone who is new to this I would love to know your editing/computing set up. Did you have to get permission to fly in most those places ? Keep it up.

Great stuff Alec superb work . As someone who is new to this I would love to know your editing/computing set up. Did you have to get permission to fly in most those places ? Keep it up.

Hey Snooky! Thanks for your comment and support! To edit, I use a macbook pro with Final Cut X. I use Final Cut because I was introduced to it in high school and have just stuck with it since (about 13 years ago). I always fly manually, never with the preset modes and most places I did have to get permission. One thing I've learned is most people or places don't have any issues with drones as long as your upfront and honest with them in the first place. If anything I've had a number of police officers stand over my shoulder with interest more than I've been told no.

Reactions: Snooky
really really good video. might have to take some tips off of you.. I am curious though, as a youtuber myself, how did you get those fast zoom in shots, which editing program and what transition or editi did you do?? really curious it would help me out. Also here is my recent video,

really really good video. might have to take some tips off of you.. I am curious though, as a youtuber myself, how did you get those fast zoom in shots, which editing program and what transition or editi did you do?? really curious it would help me out. Also here is my recent video,

I use Final Cut X. The fast zooms are a mixture of the zoom transition with some motion blurs!

Reactions: Josh Amaral Drone
I have the same drone. But you definitely wouldn't know it by looking at MY videos.

Nicely done! I am SO jealous of your video editing skills. I agree (with above) you should have a YouTube channel dedicated to teaching your editing process. I would pay $ for your ability.

Keep up the awesome work. You should run for president.

I have the same drone. But you definitely wouldn't know it by looking at MY videos.

Nicely done! I am SO jealous of your video editing skills. I agree (with above) you should have a YouTube channel dedicated to teaching your editing process. I would pay $ for your ability.

Keep up the awesome work. You should run for president.

I'm going to start trying out some tutorials in the coming weeks as I fly. Here's a link to my channel!

Alex Mertz

Thank you for your support and I'll think about the presidential candidate lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser