DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 spheres made easy

reaperman

Reactions
After taking the first sphere pano with my mini 2, I had difficulty viewing it on anything but the iPhone I use with my controller. Yesterday I stumbled on a post from someone showing how easy it is to do right from Skypixel using the fly app.

1. After taking the sphere photos with the drone and having the fly app make a globe. Just upload the globe to skypixel the using the "sharing" icon on top of the app page. Using a iPhone, the familiar sharing icon is the one you would use to share anything in a text, email, etc. Clicking on the icon brings up social messaging sites, skypixel is one of them.

2. After choosing skypixel, YOU WILL BE ASKED IF YOU WANT THE PHOTO TO BE VIEWED PUBLIC AT THIS TIME, CHOOSE ALLOW. The photo will automatically upload and take you to your skypixel page, the globe should be visible.
3. Click on the globe and it will take you to the next page where your globe will be visible with the ability to spin around, etc. On this page, there is options to share the link, again with popular social media sites. Thats basically it.

Now, I had to upload my sphere a few times before it finally processed successfully. I got a few "upload errors" before it finally worked. I also had the same issue with the second sphere. Why the error codes? No idea.

One thing that I haven't been able to successfully conquer is sharing a link for others within the app itself. Using a pc allows the option for a shared link. I don’t know why this is.

Last edited:
Another alternative is Google Photos. I just upload the 360 pano to Photos and that's it. If I have a shared folder with auto notifications for share members, they then receive notification that a new photo has been uploaded. To view as a sphere just click on the counter clockwise arrow. If viewing from a tablet/phone there is an unlock option to allow you to change perspective by moving the phone around.
1613119798220.png

Also when viewing on a phone there is a Google Cardboard option for stereoscopic viewing.

Screenshot_20210212-034922_Photos.jpg

Great video, I see my error, I never choose "public" after the upload process before actually going into skypixel. I was looking within the skypixel app for the public viewing option. Also, within the sharing section of the app, it only gives choices for social media uploads, and not a sharing link. On my pc, there is the option for a shared link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donb1
Another alternative is Google Photos. I just upload the 360 pano to Photos and that's it. If I have a shared folder with auto notifications for share members, they then receive notification that a new photo has been uploaded. To view as a sphere just click on the counter clockwise arrow. If viewing from a tablet/phone there is an unlock option to allow you to change perspective by moving the phone around.
View attachment 123706

Also when viewing on a phone there is a Google Cardboard option for stereoscopic viewing.

View attachment 123707

Where do you find the 360 pano. My USB card, under DCIM/Panorama has a series of panorama folders that each contain 26 jpgs. When I upload them to Google Photos, I get 26 individual photos. That's it. Did you leave out a step? Or am I missing something else?

Reactions: Drumsagard
Where do you find the 360 pano. My USB card, under DCIM/Panorama has a series of panorama folders that each contain 26 jpgs. When I upload them to Google Photos, I get 26 individual photos. That's it. Did you leave out a step? Or am I missing something else?
I finally figured it out. I go into SkyPixel, select the photo, then upload it to the app you choose, Simple. I kept trying to upload it from my folder file.

Reactions: Drumsagard
I finally figured it out. I go into SkyPixel, select the photo, then upload it to the app you choose, Simple. I kept trying to upload it from my folder file.
I had this same problem too, for some reason the 26 separate images are saved to a folder on the SD card but the stitched pano is not.

The stitched pano file is always located under "100MEDIA". The raw or individual photos used to create the stitched pano are under "PANORAMA/100_XXXX" where "XXXX" corresponds to the last 4 digits of the stitched pano under the "100MEDIA" folder.

Reactions: Howard70
After taking the first sphere pano with my mini 2, I had difficulty viewing it on anything but the iPhone I use with my controller. Yesterday I stumbled on a post from someone showing how easy it is to do right from Skypixel using the fly app.

1. After taking the sphere photos with the drone and having the fly app make a globe. Just upload the globe to skypixel the using the "sharing" icon on top of the app page. Using a iPhone, the familiar sharing icon is the one you would use to share anything in a text, email, etc. Clicking on the icon brings up social messaging sites, skypixel is one of them.

2. After choosing skypixel, YOU WILL BE ASKED IF YOU WANT THE PHOTO TO BE VIEWED PUBLIC AT THIS TIME, CHOOSE ALLOW. The photo will automatically upload and take you to your skypixel page, the globe should be visible.
3. Click on the globe and it will take you to the next page where your globe will be visible with the ability to spin around, etc. On this page, there is options to share the link, again with popular social media sites. Thats basically it.

Now, I had to upload my sphere a few times before it finally processed successfully. I got a few "upload errors" before it finally worked. I also had the same issue with the second sphere. Why the error codes? No idea.

One thing that I haven't been able to successfully conquer is sharing a link for others within the app itself. Using a pc allows the option for a shared link. I don’t know why this is.
I found the panos created by the app are poor compared with what you can make from a third party stitching programme.

I use the app BIMOSTITCH on Android this creates a 30 mega pixel Pano. Just copy the 26 jpegs from the sd card to a folder on tablet, run BIMOSTITCH and select all photos in the folder and you will create a very good quality Pano, you will notice difference straight away.

No affiliation to BIMOSTITCH just trying to get the best out of the Mini 2 without using a PC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78