DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4.1.4 dji go on iPad mini 4 - maps?

benjiblanco

Reactions
Just auto updated the app on iPad mini 4, and the maps aren't loading at all?
Checked on iPhone 6 and is fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes.. all up to date, the maps are just a dark grey screen. I have the options to change from map, satellite view etc, but they are all blank

Just auto updated the app on iPad mini 4, and the maps aren't loading at all?
Checked on iPhone 6 and is fine.

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having the very same issue yes! Same IOS devices too. All good on iPhone 6 but not iPad Mini 4. My problem is my iPad not loading maps on the Go App (3.1.13) flying a P3S. My iPad loads fine on the Go 4 App 4.1.3. I haven't updated the one out today out of fear of losing maps on my iPad flying my Mavic.

I have my maps with 10.3.3. Plus I notice under places in my photo album, I have the world map cache for viewing anytime. Don't ask me how but it's there. I also have the app AirMap, so maybe that could be why I have the cache map in my photo album. Can someone try that. Plus the app is an iPhone app but it's still useful.

Bizarrely after a few restarts of my iPad it suddenly started to work again, updated to 4.1.5 and still working.
Guess just a random bug. The go app has been fine for me other than this.

Bizarrely after a few restarts of my iPad it suddenly started to work again, updated to 4.1.5 and still working.
Guess just a random bug. The go app has been fine for me other than this.

Arg! Happening to me too on my iPad mini 4, and I've restarted (soft and hard) several times!

Any hints?
Joel

Not sure if this is a hint, but I did notice that when I clicked the standard, hybrid and satellite buttons the grey screen sometimes flickered like it was trying to load the map, maybe I had it on a different map type when I restarted that made it come back to life.

Yes.. all up to date, the maps are just a dark grey screen. I have the options to change from map, satellite view etc, but they are all blank
I have an iPad Mini 4 and am having the same issue, albeit not in EVERY location. But it has happened in locations that I have definitely flown in before.

Glad I didn't allow my iPad Mini to update...

FWIW, I uninstalled the DJI GO 4 app, reinstalled it, and everything works just fine now.

My mini 2 has the same issue after updating to 10.3.3.
No problems at all with previous version.

Update 8/18: Maps load now, all views load in 15 seconds now. Have no idea what or if I done anything to bring them back, they just started showing up again. Last 3 times I started app, over the last 2 days, no problems with maps.

Last edited:
I had the same issue. Using and able to cache maps one day, no maps at all the next. No updates had been made or any changes at all. Tried a few things but nothing worked, so ultimately I synced my flight logs in DJI GO 4, deleted the app, then downloaded the new one. All maps are back and I'm able to cache them, etc as previous.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke