DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

400 Feet - Limitations

jonwyatt

Reactions
Hey everyone,

In the next couple weeks I will be performing my first commercial operations with my Mavic. I got my Part 107 earlier this month, and I'm excited for the possibilities. However, I am planning on flying over a building that is 200 feet tall. Per the Part 107 rules, I can fly to the height above the building and then 400 feet above that above the building, resulting in a max height of 600 feet. The building is not in class B, C, D, or E airspace, so I will not have issues with that. My problem is that I'll be taking off from the ground, and the DJI Go app limits height to 400 feet. Is there a way to bypass this? I apologize if this question has already been asked.

Thanks in advance!

The limit on the app is 500 metres (~1640 feet) so should be ok. If for some reason there is a height limit problem, the other thing you could do (if you can arrange it with the building folk) is take off from the roof and lower the drone carefully to a negative altitude relative to take off altitude, close to the ground, and then start the official part of your flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan