DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

46mp Pixel Image Taken With Mavic Pro

christsorotes

Reactions
Ok after reading an article/guide on Super resolution (i.e. similar to how cameras from Olympus/Pentax using sensor shift) to capture images higher than what the camera's sensor can take, I decided to try the experiment on the Mavic Pro using the 7 frame burst mode and 100 ISO

A Practical Guide to Creating Superresolution Photos with Photoshop

This image measures up at 7882 x 5907 or 46.56mp the original JPEG was 20mb this file is 7mb as I had to compress it due to file size limits on this forum, I've attached the image.

And a link to it on 500px, not the best subject to test on but to my eye definitely better than a single 12mp shot.

46mp Shot Taken With DJI Mavic Pro by Chris Tsorotes - Photo 225692097 / 500px

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 139
Reactions: enodog
Looks like it has no extra detail at all, just like what you'd get from the simplest non-filtered upsizing.

View attachment 20617

Thanks for the feedback.

I need to experiment more I think, this was the first attempt or I've done something wrong in the process, I can definitely attest the methodology (minus the upsizing) works well for HIGH ISO shots with the Mavic as I found shooting at night recently.

Ok after reading an article/guide on Super resolution (i.e. similar to how cameras from Olympus/Pentax using sensor shift) to capture images higher than what the camera's sensor can take, I decided to try the experiment on the Mavic Pro using the 7 frame burst mode and 100 ISO

A Practical Guide to Creating Superresolution Photos with Photoshop

This image measures up at 7882 x 5907 or 46.56mp the original JPEG was 20mb this file is 7mb as I had to compress it due to file size limits on this forum, I've attached the image.

And a link to it on 500px, not the best subject to test on but to my eye definitely better than a single 12mp shot.

46mp Shot Taken With DJI Mavic Pro by Chris Tsorotes - Photo 225692097 / 500px
Could you show a piece of the scene with some details (ie border of the pier vs the sea) zoomed in say 400% or 800% of one original image and the upscaled version? That would be much more telling the story...

Reactions: caphoto10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan