DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

yes coupon is called ''Santa Claus''

Or print this secret coupon and bring it to Walmart.

upto-100-off-on-everyday-must-haves-deal-img.jpg

Reactions: rickw
The reason I'm broke is that I shop at stores like "Everything 99 cents". Should have done all of my shopping at "Everything 100% OFF". Duh!
hasnt worked for me,things everyone wants are primo price,cept what i get---wonderphone.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Wow! My second XT2 is coming from Florida...and I live in Indiana....hmmmm

This is the one from Jet. Shipping day after order. Must be why Walmart still hasn’t shipped after 6 days....still trying to locate one from all us Mavic owners snatching them up, lol. Kudos to Jet.com!

Last edited:
The iPhone 6 has a 4.7” display, the iPhone 6+ has a 5.5” display .. Only the iPhone X has a bigger display at 5.8”. So the Wunderphone has just as big of a display as any of the iPhone Plus phones do...
I meant 6 Plus ... Sorry. Yep, I just measured it wrong. 6 Plus has black bands at top and bottomI didn't notice.

Yes, works with spark, connected through wifi don't have an otg cable so can't confirm on that.

Works well with OTG cable. Must make connection to bottom of RC dead last in chain to be recognized. And, like the MP, the RC charges the phone (Dammit). I know this thread says (several times) that the RC battery drain is minimal, but I sure wish that wasn't an issue.

Works well with OTG cable. Must make connection to bottom of RC dead last in chain to be recognized. And, like the MP, the RC charges the phone (Dammit). I know this thread says (several times) that the RC battery drain is minimal, but I sure wish that wasn't an issue.

It's really not an issue, but a great feature, because it allows you to keep the phone permanently in the arms without need to ever charge it (thus avoiding extra tear&wear on USB plug and arms), and you can still make ~8 full flights before needing to charge the RC. I installed my Wunderphone on RC a week ago and never took it off or charged. And never even turned it off, it just sleeps with RC in the drawer dropping at most 1% overnight. It's actually surprising how harmonius everything is, as if Mavic and RC were designed... for the Wunderphone!!! :D

"1. A Mavic screen.
2. A screen that is actually visible outside.
300. A device that not only works great with Mavic, but works great for general daily tasks.

1. A Mavic screen.
2. A screen that is actually visible outside.
300. A device that not only works great with Mavic, but works great for general daily tasks.

Do you get it? These are not three hundred separate devices, this is ONE device! And we call it - WUNDERPHONE!"

apple-reinvents-the-phone--how-steve-jobs-launched-the-first-ever-iphone.jpg

:D

Data is needed in addition to GPS for waze to work.

With Google maps, you can just download offline maps and you'll be fine. Though no traffic

Yep, data is data, if you need it, but don't want SIM, use WiFi supplied either by a dedicated WiFi hotspot (like I do), or another phone, or your home WiFi if you're flying off your backyard.

Thanks to Xtreme Drone Pilot and all who contributed to this thread. I ordered my Wunderphone and will pick it up in a few days. I read through the entire thread and I’ve never owned an Android product so I’m a bit nervous about setting this phone up.

I never got into the Chevy vs Ford vs Ram truck thing so I’m going into this opportunity with the same attitude.....as long as it gets me where I need to go I’ll be happy. I’d like to use the Wunderphone as a single purpose dedicated device to fly the Mavic.

That said, is there a single thread or threads that will specifically take us from unboxing the Wunderphone to flying a Mavic. I read about removing the simm card but are there any other steps, cables (what is an OTG cable?) etc that are required. Also any help on downloading Android apps or using the alternative sites would be appreciated.

Thanks again for all the work that goes into making this Forum a great resource.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d