DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

is this a GSM phone? so if I travel abroad I can use it as a phone right with a new sim card?

it is awesome and actually it isn't written in the thread about the wand thing so that is useful for people. and u do have to add it. it's not a preset under the swipe down.

The key to discoverability in modern OSes (actually, Apple is the worst of all in this regard) is clicking on anything you see, like a monkey. See a cog? Click it and see what's there. See an arrow? Click it, explore. Unlike Apple's hidden gestures, everything in Android can be reached just by exploring UI. Oh, that and... RTFM. Always RTFM! :D

The phone rocks. The only thing it is a bit flimsy like all smartphones nowadays and i'm afraid of just throwing it in the case. it seems like I don't even need the charge since it charges from the remote. but I will keep it just in case in the case I have. Is it worth putting it in a zip lock bag or buying the $7 case mentioned earlier?

I'm only buying that $7 case and glass screen protectors for my daily driver Wunderphone; my Mavic-only one and The Grand Experiment ones will be naked.

OK, got mine and I'm working my way through the list. Do I have to actually fly the drone before uninstalling 4.1.18 and installing 4.1.15? I've seen conflicting instructions here.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I just looged in to my google account after installing 4.1.15 and it then got the necessary files to work. Before i logged into my google account it gave me the error and wouldnt run. Then i deleted my google account from phone and it works perfect

I just looged in to my google account after installing 4.1.15 and it then got the necessary files to work. Before i logged into my google account it gave me the error and wouldnt run. Then i deleted my google account from phone and it works perfect

Good catch! The problem, indeed, might have to do with Go 4 trying to d/l additional resource from (or using functionality of) the Play Store.

Reactions: NinjaNut
I'm going to buy the case for $7 just to store the phone in but take it off when I use the drone. just to protect the phone from breaking.

it works great for me so far but crashed once two times while I first open the app but once I open again it is ok. Also wont connect to aircraft on airplane mode but works fine without airplane mode.

it works great for me so far but crashed once two times while I first open the app but once I open again it is ok. Also wont connect to aircraft on airplane mode but works fine without airplane mode.

It works fine in Airplane mode. You do need to login to Go 4 the first, and the only, time.

Last edited:
Just received that $7.99 green case - I don't recommend it! Very very cheap case. Should be $1.99 at most. Just a very basic TPU. Holes do match. Grip is improved. Protection is minimal. Doesn't look like the picture. Oh well, Wunderphone doesn't become any worse because the owner put some cheap rubber coat on this little Princess. Hopefully, there will be better cases in the near future.

Reactions: Rnl
I did but it won't work for me for some reason. oh well. its ok. also where is the download offline maps feature. I searched the whole app swiped left right up down. please inform. thanks .

I have a question on this phone. I called Walmart here in Missoula, MT today and asked if he had these phones. He kept asking me if I was looking for the unlocked, Verizon, Sprint, or what. I replied "As far as I know it is a AT&T Prepaid phone."

This idiot asked me a couple more times, and I kept replying the same thing. I told him I wanted the phone only for a FPV device, and for highway Navigation. He went on to say there are no AT&T towers in Montana, and he didn't think the GPS would work without them.

Finally the moron said he doesn't have them. I said, according to the Walmart.com site, you do. I finally gave up and never went to the store. Am I correct in thinking you don't need the towers any way to use the GPS Apps?

I bought one! I get it tomorrow!

2 questions:

Is this phone waterproof? XDP, can u drop one of your three in your tub, mate? Lol

If i buy the 7$ case, will it fit in the remote handles WITH the case still on?

I have a question on this phone. I called Walmart here in Missoula, MT today and asked if he had these phones. He kept asking me if I was looking for the unlocked, Verizon, Sprint, or what. I replied "As far as I know it is a AT&T Prepaid phone."

This idiot asked me a couple more times, and I kept replying the same thing. I told him I wanted the phone only for a FPV device, and for highway Navigation. He went on to say there are no AT&T towers in Montana, and he didn't think the GPS would work without them.

Finally the moron said he doesn't have them. I said, according to the Walmart.com site, you do. I finally gave up and never went to the store. Am I correct in thinking you don't need the towers any way to use the GPS Apps?

Has gps chip in it, towers not needed. Just need cached maps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast