DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

The phone screen is polarized opposite of you glasses. You could try to find some glasses which are polarized in the same way as the phone or do as I have and add some polarized clip ons which have been trimmed to leave the bottom part of your view clear. I find this to work very well for flying. When I look up at the sky, the polarized lenses keep my pupils from contracting too much. When I look down, I can see the screen better than with sunglasses of any kind. View attachment 26232 View attachment 26233 View attachment 26234

Great tip, gotta find one of those.

Just picked up my phone! Yay! Sorry, I didn’t go back through all 31 pages of this thread looking for this info...Does DJI Go 4 need tin be installed on an SD card? I’m not doing anything but using this phone for the Mavic. AND I am brand new to android, where the heck do I turn off auto update apps? Thanks!
Did a google search,
To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
  1. Open Google Play.
  2. Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Auto-update apps.
  5. To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps.
Wish would could select this "per APP".

Oh, BTW, Just got my phone followed the OP.
Took me some to figure out the steps as this stuff is not my day job but I got it. (I think!)

Sorry, this thread is now so long I can't seem to find if anyone posted the list of APPs safe to delete? (Or really a step by step guide, I would try but then over half the phones would not work as I'm not sure the path I took was 100% right!) I did not need to install then change DJI Go 4. The route I stumbled along was to open Mavicpilots.com on the phone, open the OP and follow his link to the recommended version. Then downloaded it on the phone, open "downloads" and installed it from there. (Watch out for the ad screens while you are at that point!!! scroll down some and you will see where to get it installed)

THANKS A MILLION Xtreme Drone Pilot for the post, advice on the phone and all the help! ("Energy" came along for the ride too!!!)

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
The phone screen is polarized opposite of you glasses. You could try to find some glasses which are polarized in the same way as the phone or do as I have and add some polarized clip ons which have been trimmed to leave the bottom part of your view clear. I find this to work very well for flying. When I look up at the sky, the polarized lenses keep my pupils from contracting too much. When I look down, I can see the screen better than with sunglasses of any kind. View attachment 26232 View attachment 26233 View attachment 26234

Thanks for the info. Why is the phone visible in the first pic but not the second? Are they different clip-ons in each photo?

Great tip, gotta find one of those.
I get my glasses from Zenni. They sell the clip ons for a really cheap price. Some other tricks to help see your screen:
Wear a black shirt or jacket so it does not reflect on the screen
Wear a wide brim hat to block sun from hitting the screen
On some displays I have added an anti glare screen protector with good results

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Every time I connect the phone to the controller I have to allow or deny data access. How do I allow it to default to data access. It doesn't do this on my S7.

The phone screen is polarized opposite of you glasses. You could try to find some glasses which are polarized in the same way as the phone or do as I have and add some polarized clip ons which have been trimmed to leave the bottom part of your view clear. I find this to work very well for flying. When I look up at the sky, the polarized lenses keep my pupils from contracting too much. When I look down, I can see the screen better than with sunglasses of any kind.

So if you simply flip the phone from landscape to portrait you will see the screen? Or flip the operator to be sideways to the RC?

Thanks for the info. Why is the phone visible in the first pic but not the second? Are they different clip-ons in each photo?
Same clip ons, just rotated. Phone screen is polarized. Clip on is also polarized 90 degrees to the screen so it blocks light from passing through.

Oh, BTW, Just got my phone followed the OP.
Took me some to figure out the steps as this stuff is not my day job but I got it. (I think!)

Sorry, this thread is now so long I can't seem to find if anyone posted the list of APPs safe to delete?

I pretty much deleted or disabled everything except Chrome and Google maps. In my frenzy I probably deleted some useful utilities though.

I get my glasses from Zenni. They sell the clip ons for a really cheap price. Some other tricks to help see your screen:
Wear a black shirt or jacket so it does not reflect on the screen
Wear a wide brim hat to block sun from hitting the screen
On some displays I have added an anti glare screen protector with good results

Good tips! Yeah, black shirt helps a bit, the problem is I mostly see the reflection of my face since I prefer to look straight-on. I should get one of these: :D

gimpy.jpg

Reactions: NinjaNut and rickw

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857