DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

first-world-problems-will-end-civilization-26-photos-25.jpg

:D:D:D

Speaking of the hardware home button, when I disconnect, typically the last thing I do is shut down Go 4. With my S7, I hit the hard home key and then close apps from the left soft key. But the Huawei only has soft keys and they get totally obscured by the Go 4 app; so the only way I can shut it down is to hit the side power button to get home, then get to the soft key. A little bit annoying.

BTW, anyone else look at "Huawei" and see "Who are we?"

Swipe from the right side of the phone (orientation doesn't matter it's always on the right) and the soft buttons will appear overlay-ed on the app. Took me a while to figure this out.

luckily I got two phone at $49 one from WM and one from JET. Last minute at jet too, literally. Going to unlock one and use it for travel abroad. I flew today with the mavic and wunderphone and everything was good, it runs really fast and no image lag at all which happens witih the iPhone 6 because I have lots of other apps, etc going on. But it froze the app and wouldn't respond near the end of my flight, luckily I was hovering 200 ft above my position and taking aerial photos so I was able to easily land with the RC but it scared me as if it happened before I would have been screwed. Not sure how to prevent this. I sideloaded 4.1.15 and did everything people said to the T. I tried closing and reopening app and it wouldn't connect to my aircraft so I just landed via RC. Anybody have a good fix when this happens , when you lose the app and u have to navigate via RC. Does the Return to Home button work?

Reactions: Hotelone
You gonna give this new phone a nickname?

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I’m starting to get real frustrated. I’m trying to download offline maps from the go4 app. The map gets about 1/2 way done, and then says, Map Download Paused, and it never restarts. It’s happened 4 times now and I haven’t gotten a single one downloaded.... what is going on?

I’m starting to get real frustrated. I’m trying to download offline maps from the go4 app. The map gets about 1/2 way done, and then says, Map Download Paused, and it never restarts. It’s happened 4 times now and I haven’t gotten a single one downloaded.... what is going on?

I had same issue trying to download 8gb maps. I finally just went with certain states and it worked fine.
I’d check your WiFi connection to make sure it’s stable. I know my WiFi was strong, but lots of interference in the area, so I suspect this phone has weak antenna or ability to filter noise.

I had same issue trying to download 8gb maps. I finally just went with certain states and it worked fine.
I’d check your WiFi connection to make sure it’s stable. I know my WiFi was strong, but lots of interference in the area, so I suspect this phone has weak antenna or ability to filter noise.

My WiFi is at full strength, and im only trying to download Illinois...Not even a gig.....

i see people mentioning downloading maps but when i run dji app from both my phones,theres a map of my area showing,is that not the same to use.

Polarization: since the winderphone screen is polarized 90deg opposite my Maui Jim sunglasses, I can’t see it in landscape mode. I can in portrait but that won’t work as I can’t fly from side of controller or turn my head 90deg [emoji15]
Any ideas?

i see people mentioning downloading maps but when i run dji app from both my phones,theres a map of my area showing,is that not the same to use.

I think these maps are cached or something vs the satellite map you see when you have data or whatever...

Reactions: jamba25
I think these maps are cached or something vs the satellite map you see when you have data or whatever...
ahh,so i have to d/l them for when i dont have wifi,how do i d/l them?

Just got my XT2. Still available on line. My store had them in stock so I picked it up after the on line payment. Now to set it up.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xapiccone