DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Just got my XT2. Still available on line. My store had them in stock so I picked it up after the on line payment. Now to set it up.
still have em?
price?

No, I removed the included SIM card even before setting the phone up, no problem whatsoever. Just tap Skip when it prompts you to initiate AT&T stuff. Skipping it also has a side benefit of not installing tons of typical att bloatware (it still installs 2-3 att apps, you can just disable them). Since I don't plan to use it as a phone per se, I disabled tons of phone-related stuff that I'll never need.

To make it work with Go 4, you just need to temporarily turn on WiFi to login to DJI first time, and download offline maps if you want. After that, WiFi can be turned off, it's not needed to fly.

I also recommend to use an SD card and set it as primary storage, the 8 or so GB of free internal storage can fill up quickly, especially with dji video cache and offline maps.

Where is sim card and slot for SD card, never mind just figured it out with the pin key.

Last edited:
ahh,so i have to d/l them for when i dont have wifi,how do i d/l them?

I believe so. In the Go4 app, when you select your craft, there is a menu button in the top right corner of the screen. 3 lines on top of each other, click that, then offline map, then whatever maps you want to download. However, I have had zero luck doing this so far. The download pauses and never starts again. There is no way to get out of it so I have had to uninstall the app 3 times now.

I believe so. In the Go4 app, when you select your craft, there is a menu button in the top right corner of the screen. 3 lines on top of each other, click that, then offline map, then whatever maps you want to download. However, I have had zero luck doing this so far. The download pauses and never starts again. There is no way to get out of it so I have had to uninstall the app 3 times now.
thx,since my MP is under the tree waiting on xmas i have no way to see if it pauses on me but thx 4 the heads up.

Last edited:
Good tips! Yeah, black shirt helps a bit, the problem is I mostly see the reflection of my face since I prefer to look straight-on. I should get one of these: :D

gimpy.jpg

ROFLOL!!

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I’m starting to get real frustrated. I’m trying to download offline maps from the go4 app. The map gets about 1/2 way done, and then says, Map Download Paused, and it never restarts. It’s happened 4 times now and I haven’t gotten a single one downloaded.... what is going on?

Known prob, that's why they removed it from .18.

Reactions: wytnyt
Speaking of the hardware home button, when I disconnect, typically the last thing I do is shut down Go 4. With my S7, I hit the hard home key and then close apps from the left soft key. But the Huawei only has soft keys and they get totally obscured by the Go 4 app; so the only way I can shut it down is to hit the side power button to get home, then get to the soft key. A little bit annoying.

BTW, anyone else look at "Huawei" and see "Who are we?"
LOL "who are we"

I’m starting to get real frustrated. I’m trying to download offline maps from the go4 app. The map gets about 1/2 way done, and then says, Map Download Paused, and it never restarts. It’s happened 4 times now and I haven’t gotten a single one downloaded.... what is going on?
It took me an hour to download just maps of california arizona and nevada since it did the same for me like ten times eventually i got it what helps is if turn ur phone display from going off and stay active scrolling up and down on the page until it downloads. If the display turns off or if u go to another app or even webpage thats it it will pause. Trust set it up so ur phone doesnt turn off display on idle i think its in settings scroll up and down and u will downlod without any errors. Also its probably better to downlod individual state maps at least in the usa. That way u are doing like 300 to 400 mb at a time rather than than 8 gb for usa maps. Also if u turn off the screen display going off u dont need to scroll up and down i just realized thats the problem but by then i got the 3 maps i needed.

My WiFi is at full strength, and im only trying to download Illinois...Not even a gig.....
Did ur phone display turn off or did u change from that screen. Trust me if u keep on that screen and make sure display doesnt turn off it will work

Did ur phone display turn off or did u change from that screen. Trust me if u keep on that screen and make sure display doesnt turn off it will work

Yeah I ended up going into settings and changed the sleep settings to 10 minutes without activity. I was able to download 3 state maps without a problem. My phone wasn’t fully going to sleep, but it was close enough to disrupt the download.

Yeah I ended up going into settings and changed the sleep settings to 10 minutes without activity. I was able to download 3 state maps without a problem. My phone wasn’t fully going to sleep, but it was close enough to disrupt the download.

In my experience, there was no correlation with sleep. A couple of maps d/l'ed just fine while sleeping, then other maps started stalling, app restart would help, sometimes.

Remember, we're dealing with DJI, sometimes it may work... maybe. :D

In my experience, there was no correlation with sleep. A couple of maps d/l'ed just fine while sleeping, then other maps started stalling, app restart would help, sometimes.

Remember, we're dealing with DJI, sometimes it may work... maybe. :D
can i d/l a map while on wifi if im only using the djigo app?.if so how?

Set your phone so it doesn't dim or lock. I was having trouble last night downloading MO, KS and MT. Once I set the phone so it wouldn't lock they finally downloaded.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925