DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

With iOS, a botched app update can completely ruin the experience, even completely ground your Mavic - and there's no easy way to rollback to any prior version. With Android, it's a matter of seconds. When I heard about problems with 4.1.18, I simply installed 4.1.15, done!
I'm staying in 4.1.7 w/o problems the rarely times I use it, and don't plan to update. Mostly use Litchi...

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Thanks man,going to get one in the morning,ps: changed my mine,going to get 2,lol

Two... the answer to the Question of the Universe. Or is it FORTY two? :D

Day 3, still in love. No problems whatsoever. One is dedicated to Mavic, with offline maps loaded, kept in Airplane mode. The other one will become my primary phone, will retire my Note 4, and since I'm on AT&T Prepaid already, all it takes is just swap the SIM. Can't believe I paid $900 for Note 4... I'm done with spending a grand on so called flagships. We're making rich richer, and ourselves poorer. $49 these days buys you a decent phone.

Reactions: Scobo
If I want to use the cellular occasionally for map refreshes is it easy to recharge the AT&T Prepay? How's it work?

I'm not sure about the monthly prepaid plans that include talk, text, and data, since on my Note 4 I'm on the simplest prepaid, it's $25 per 3 months, and it's talk @10cents/min and no data. I don't use many minutes, so this is enough for me, and I have a standalone WiFi hotspot that serves all of my devices, so no need in cellular data. Of the plans printed on the box, $65/mo. is the most expensive and includes unlimited everything, and you get $5/mo. discount if you enroll in autopay. I recharge at the official site, paygonline.com. Or just dial 611 (iirc).

I'm done with spending a grand on so called flagships. We're making rich richer, and ourselves poorer. $49 these days buys you a decent phone.

My thoughts exactly !
I used to go for near top of the range Samsung phones. Not any more.
Many of these budget brands basically have pretty much the same hardwear under the hood. We're just paying extra for the high-end brand names after falling for the hype.

I'm not sure about the monthly prepaid plans that include talk, text, and data, since on my Note 4 I'm on the simplest prepaid, it's $25 per 3 months, and it's talk @10cents/min and no data. I don't use many minutes, so this is enough for me, and I have a standalone WiFi hotspot that serves all of my devices, so no need in cellular data. Of the plans printed on the box, $65/mo. is the most expensive and includes unlimited everything, and you get $5/mo. discount if you enroll in autopay. I recharge at the official site, paygonline.com. Or just dial 611 (iirc).
I wasn't thinking - I can just tether to my iPhone! (Still an Apple Sheeple) o_O

My thoughts exactly !
I used to go for near top of the range Samsung phones. Not any more.
Many of these budget brands basically have pretty much the same hardwear under the hood. We're just paying extra for the high-end brand names after falling for the hype.

Agree 1000000%. Walked in an Apple store the other day to check what all the hype about X is about... was not impressed the slightest. Fuzzy screen (compared to iPhone 7/8), cheap glass back (horribly greased), stupid notch and ears, gaps between glass and steel, same old boring ugly OS. Face ID super-duper technology?! Zero need, since I never lock my phones, I don't live in favelas and never ever lost my phone to protect it. And this POS is more than $1K. No, thanks, I'm all set with this $49 gem.

Just picked up one for my self. SIM card pulled and it’s on the charger. I’ll configure it to night on my home WiFi.

I'm quite tempted to start ditching all of my IOS stuff. Anyone have any experinace on Huawei tablets?

Two more flights today without issues since I switched to 4.1.15 version of Go4. Gaining confidence in the cheap phone.

I just tried .18 on my second Huawei, throws a message "app not responding... close/wait?" on startup (it does load after I choose Wait). DJI totally hosed this release. Folks, stay away from 4.1.18, install 4.1.15 directly from APK:

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 (1027412) APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

4.1.18 brings even $1K phones to their knees. This is why using iOS for Mavic is a bad idea - once you've updated the app, you're in for the ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sn9316
Just waiting for the three months update...

My Mavic-dedicated one is squeaky clean and frozen - permanently offline, no updates neither to OS nor app. I even set the background with the frozen ice cubes as a reminder - if it ain't broken, don't fix it. DJI Go 4.1.15 is the only app installed, all junk disabled. So I don't expect it to be any different in 3 months. But if anything bad happens, I'll definitely report it here.

I've done 5 full flights (about 100 minutes total) and the phone dropped about 12-15%. My iPad mini 2 would be nearly dead after 5 full flights. What. Is. Going. On. This can't be real...

61649a79332d304abac59566928c1d1d.jpg

I accidentally discovered this $49 wonder will take pictures faster than other phone I have ever used! from off press the volume down button twice and it will take a picture within 1+ seconds, crazy!! But as a drone screen for $49 in is awesome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest