DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

So far so good using this phone with DJI Go 4 and 4.1.15. I also have Litchi. Has anyone done extensive testing to see if Litchi plays nice with this phone?
I've been using and testing Litchi on the XT2 - it's flawless! It has never crashed and runs Litchi missions brilliantly. I have setup several missions, in flight, and on the phone while sitting at home. I've also used the Litchi Hub (which following their recent updates is a mess). In all cases the XT2 has performed quite well.

I know most of us are using wunderphone as dedicated device but interesting news about Huawei and ZTE phones.

Don’t use Huawei phones, say heads of FBI, CIA, and NSA

Don’t use Huawei phones, say heads of FBI, CIA, and NSA

Hmm, a Chinese drone streaming GPS enabled, super crisp and super smooth HD aerial footage of the US and Europe, etc. to a Chinese device that work so well together that you have to wonder of the companies are related...
I can't see the reason for worry by the CIA, etc ;)

That said, I run the Huawei T3 tablet and the Huawei Y9 phone with my Mavic (over here in Norway) and I love them both, infected with spyware or not.. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Clinton1
Just unlocked my XT2 using a service from someone on eBay. It was about $35 and took only 2 days. Working just great. I’m an iPhone and iPad Mini guy, but this one works great with my Spark, MP and new MA. Just worried about that charging/discharging thing. Will try to root this little boy to block that feature.

Ahh who did you use, because I read a lot of comments from different unlockers, where the customer never got the unlock after waiting and could not contact the unlocker again because they were not replying to their requests, just take their money and ignore?

Got it thanks, however, mine is the ATT version and this link shows for a Cricket. Is the unlock for any provider or only for the Cricket version I am wondering? Was yours the Cricket version?

Got it thanks, however, mine is the ATT version and this link shows for a Cricket. Is the unlock for any provider or only for the Cricket version I am wondering? Was yours the Cricket version?

I know It says Cricket but also ATT(AT&T).

I can show you mine unlocked. Also, I think you can ask him before placing the order just to be sure. Mine is the AT&T version. I have the box and everything. Also, when power on, It shows the AT&T Blue world. When I asked him about how long could take, he mentioned 3-5 days, but it took just 2 days.

Actually, I´m looking for more units to get them unlocked.

Also, related to this phone, I´m having this issue(maybe user error... I´m an iPhone user):

When using MavicPilots app or any other app, it shuts off the screen on it´s own after 30 seconds I think, and DJI Go 4 charges the phone(I think it charges the phone). I´m not sure where I read about that. Maybe is this forum as well.

Anybody knows how to fix those problems or adjust those settings?

Sounds like the phone is going into sleep mode, you can change the duration in settings. Yes the controller charges the phone, I don't think IOS does.

Sounds like the phone is going into sleep mode, you can change the duration in settings. Yes the controller charges the phone, I don't think IOS does.
Thank you. I found those settings and changed to 1 minute. Will see how It goes.

You can also plug the phone into the USB port on the bottom of the RC instead of the left side. I’ve heard of less issues this way.

Welp, i knew this day would come. Im actually starting to have connection issues with the wunderphone and mavicpro. I'm running on .15 app.

I would fly for a bit, would work wunderfully and then all of sudden mavic disconnects from the controller. Ive been flying in open ground. It even disconnected literally like 2 feet in front of me. Prior to launch, i get about 15-17 satellites and launching has no issues. I noticed it only happens when I think im done flying. So I fly back to myself and then boom, I get disconnected. Mavic is just floating about in the open. In some cases i'm in a really sticky situation.

100% of the time I hand launch and hand catch my drone, the only problem with this is that when mavic tries to return to home, its definitely not in a suitable place to land because im always either on a slope of a cliff or on top of some rocks. I've had it hover about 8ft in the air and i was just staring at it until my controller connected. The controller connected automatically and i would override the return to home and hand catch and voila. But not sure if I should start downgrading or upgrading firmware at this point. It happens pretty consistently now.

Any thoughts?

Question for the group: Yesterday I flew the MP with my Wunderphone and Litchi in FPV mode, but the gimbal sensitivity when moving my head up and down was very sluggish and irregular. Is this a problem with the gyros in the phone not being as sensitive as say an iPhone or am I just doing something wrong? I checked my gimbal sensitivity in DJI GO prior to the flight and it was set on the highest sensitivity. Appreciate any experience/thoughts on this!

I thought the screens we use shows us information the RC has, nothing to do with controlling the craft? I thought you can use LOS and fly without a monitor connected? All , or most of the information shown on your screen is also on the RC screen. [emoji848]

Welp, i knew this day would come. Im actually starting to have connection issues with the wunderphone and mavicpro. I'm running on .15 app.

I would fly for a bit, would work wunderfully and then all of sudden mavic disconnects from the controller. Ive been flying in open ground. It even disconnected literally like 2 feet in front of me. Prior to launch, i get about 15-17 satellites and launching has no issues. I noticed it only happens when I think im done flying. So I fly back to myself and then boom, I get disconnected. Mavic is just floating about in the open. In some cases i'm in a really sticky situation.

100% of the time I hand launch and hand catch my drone, the only problem with this is that when mavic tries to return to home, its definitely not in a suitable place to land because im always either on a slope of a cliff or on top of some rocks. I've had it hover about 8ft in the air and i was just staring at it until my controller connected. The controller connected automatically and i would override the return to home and hand catch and voila. But not sure if I should start downgrading or upgrading firmware at this point. It happens pretty consistently now.

Any thoughts?
sounds like your app auto updated to newer version

Anybody figure out a way to stop the annoying message from AT&T to activate the phone. Hate it when it comes up while flying.

Did you remove the SIM card completely? I never once got that message. Interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview