DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I did the same buying the Chinese Leagoo T10 Smartphone as a dedicated Mavic display screen (no phone service). It was larger, 5.7",screen, had much higher specs and screen resolution, and like this works terrific.

Yes, I remember reading your thread, and was thinking of getting one of those. Huawei stole my money. :D

Yes, all Androids do. There's no remedy at this point, other than connecting phone to the other port and using a powerbank to charge RC via micro usb. Fortunately, RC will last ~10 batteries worth of flying.

Yes, batteries are not necessarily updated each time; however, you do want to rotate all of them when updarinf FW to make sure you won't be caught by surprise in the field.

Thanks, yes I always install all 4 batteries after each firmware update... and the last 2 Firmware updates required battery updates and this last Mavic FW did not... which I just dumbly assumed was an improvement in FW to silently perform on bootup.

On the RC as charger with Androids, the Note8 if not fully charged before flying would quickly draw down RC power in 2-3 flights. As in other posts, the Androids with new circuitry or rapid charging circuitry seems to draw RC battery very quickly.

It sounds like this phone draws minimal power from RC, which is a great thing in addition to the price and other perks.

OK I’m sure it has been posted here, but I need clarification. If I were to use this phone as a dedicated screen for the Mavic, does it HAVE to be up and running with AT&T for the gps features to work? I do want the auto track feature to work, and I would like to be able to change the RTH feature on the go....

No cellular service required. All other features continue to work.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Reading through thread, thinking of returning ipad4. Got a little lost, other than the Go4 .18 crashing on some... were there other issues w this phone on apps or compatibilty: software, goggles, etc? Thought I recall a few posts of concern but couldn’t locate in review.

It sounds like this phone draws minimal power from RC, which is a great thing in addition to the price and other perks.

Yeah, I haven't noticed any abnormal drain rate, and always run out of Mavic batteries first.

On a side note, if you use this phone as Mavic screen only, you don't ever need to take it out of the arms to charge it, because it has such a phenomenal battery life and virtually zero discharge in sleep, that the juice it gets from RC will keep it permanently charged! Another reason to love this little wonder!

I propose to officially call this phone WUNDERPHONE :D:D:D

Reactions: Doug D
Does anyone have access to DJI go 4.0.8 or older? I want to match it with my firmware

Reading through thread, thinking of returning ipad4. Got a little lost, other than the Go4 .18 crashing on some... were there other issues w this phone on apps or compatibilty: software, goggles, etc? Thought I recall a few posts of concern but couldn’t locate in review.

Other than the botched .18 crashing, I (and it seems, others too) haven't discovered any issues with the Wunderphone. I did, however, disable everything I don't need, such as Facebook, myATT, etc. No idea how it will perform if it's loaded with megatons of junk, esp. social networks stuff which constantly runs in the background.

Does anyone know if this phone unlocked? Will be traveling out of country looking for back up phone. Thanks

EDIT, I now see OOS on the the site I used. . . . .(Sorry)
(So, $75.00 new in the box shipped in the US when the one I ordered gets to me. . .Kidding!!!!!)

For those still looking to buy, besure the site you re on is the "XT2" not just an "XT". I had the same issue of OOS, but then saw it was not the XT2.

Info you should see from the OP

AT&T PREPAID Huawei Ascend XT2 16GB Prepaid Smartphone, Silver
Average rating:4.6364out of5stars, based on11reviews11 reviewsratings
By: Huawei
Walmart #: 565575302

Last edited:
Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
That looks like a decent phone, good price, but then it is another 50 bucks to unlock it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming