DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Tell the boss you have a sudden intense itch in your hands. :D

I don't see this as an option, it has None, Pattern, PIN, Password. I always use None on all my phones anyway, don't live in favelas to be afraid of phone being stolen.

It doesn't scare me... but then again, I'm not scared of jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. :D And not all Walmarts are created equal. All I go to are quite nice. And I always mind my thing when shopping and breeze through Scan-n-go, no time to pay attention to "walmartians", if a rare species sample does happen to be around. :D
:D

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Just to clear something up, I have seen 2 people state that this a 6" screen. No - it is 5 1/2" Screen Just for comparison my iPhone 6 is 6.25"
Also, some place I saw the card size listed as Mini SD, but from everything I have seen it is Micro SD. As far as I know all the new devices went to the Micro SD.
Charge Cord is Micro USB 2.0
Also, the camera does have Face Detection. Somewhere on this thread stated that it doesn't, but the specs say it does, not that I use it though.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Huawei Ascend XT2 - Full Specs
Huawei Ascend XT2 Full Specifications, Features | Mobitabspecs

I ordered Online. Walmart scares me.
View attachment 26110

The iPhone 6 has a 4.7” display, the iPhone 6+ has a 5.5” display .. Only the iPhone X has a bigger display at 5.8”. So the Wunderphone has just as big of a display as any of the iPhone Plus phones do...

so how do i record the screen on this? all i have installed is the dji go 4 app. plus whatever comes standard on android out of the box.

The iPhone 6 has a 4.7” display, the iPhone 6+ has a 5.5” display .. Only the iPhone X has a bigger display at 5.8”. So the Wunderphone has just as big of a display as any of the iPhone Plus phones do...

The Wunderphone has juuuuust perrrrrrrrrfect size, at least for my hands. When I tried X at the store, it felt too narrow.

Two FedEx notices today: My Huawei arrives tomorrow, probably on the same truck with my daughter's Christmas gift, an iPhone 7, which cost 10 times as much. I will grimace and pay the Visa bill when it comes.

Spark and Mavic pilot checking in for the first time here. I had been lurking here for a while and while checking new posts saw this thread. Jumped right on it and went to my local WM and bought 2 immediately after showing them the online price. They couldn't believe it but honored the match. I have followed the instructions and the only thing I neglected to do was to kill the auto update on the go app. That is done now and everything is good to go. I have tested with the spark and it worked great. Now I need to connect to the mavic and fly a mission. Thanks for the heads up, can't believe what $50(x2 :) bought me....I come from the pocket pc days and modern phones are incredible, especially the screens.

Spark and Mavic pilot checking in for the first time here. I had been lurking here for a while and while checking new posts saw this thread. Jumped right on it and went to my local WM and bought 2 immediately after showing them the online price. They couldn't believe it but honored the match. I have followed the instructions and the only thing I neglected to do was to kill the auto update on the go app. That is done now and everything is good to go. I have tested with the spark and it worked great. Now I need to connect to the mavic and fly a mission. Thanks for the heads up, can't believe what $50(x2 :) bought me....I come from the pocket pc days and modern phones are incredible, especially the screens.

Awesome to hear! Works with Spark, too - good to know.

x2 is the choice of the champions! After all, we have 2 hands. :D

My 3rd one is coming Wed, I need a 3rd hand... Oh wait :D:D:D

If you could post a picture of comparison of XT2 and CS screens in direct sunlight (reflecting blue sky, like I did in my comparison to mini 2 somewhere above), it would be much appreciated! Very curious how they compare.

@Xtreme Drone Pilot
Sure, will do that. I'm expecting receiving the phone early next week and will attempt to do a screen shot of both XT2 and the CS Ultra in direct sunlight.

Just bought another from Jet.com for $47.74

I use the Ibotta app and right now they have 18% cashback for Jet which comes out to $8.59.

<$40 [emoji106] ($39.15)

*EDIT* Apparently using the first Jet rebate gives an extra $2.00.

$37.15 !!!

Now, if I could have gotten one of those $10 off new customer coupons to work.

Just bought another from Jet.com for $47.74

I use the Ibotta app and right now they have 18% cashback for Jet which comes out to $8.59.

<$40 [emoji106] ($39.15)

*EDIT* Apparently using the first Jet rebate gives an extra $2.00.

$37.15 !!!

Now, if I could have gotten one of those $10 off new customer coupons to work.

Insane! Now, is there a coupon for the remaining $37.15? :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos