DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Won't work if I remove the simcard you think?
It will work as a WiFi device with your Mavic, if that's what you are asking. You don't need to remove the SIM card for that functionality.

You would need to get it unlocked in order to use it as a cellphone other than on AT&T in the US. You would need to verify that it has the correct bands for your country.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
It should work on wifi without a SIM card. If you want to be sure, please sponsor me a trip to Malta and I will personally go there to test my XT2 and report back.
Will be more worthed to give it a try myself I assume ;) I am still green on this Mavic, infact I am still awaiting for my mavic to arrive. When you say it should work on wi-fi, then if I am in the open field and there is no wi-fi I canot use it?

Will be more worthed to give it a try myself I assume ;) I am still green on this Mavic, infact I am still awaiting for my mavic to arrive. When you say it should work on wi-fi, then if I am in the open field and there is no wi-fi I canot use it?
Outside of wi-fi range you can use it to control the Mavic, play games, watch movies that you preloaded onto the device, listen to FM radio, check the time, etc.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
If you use this phone as OP states (without the SIM card) I cannot see any reason it would not work in USA, Malta, Australia, the moon (although GPS would not work well on the moon).

removing the SIM card I can still use it for the Mavic I assume, to capture videos instead using the Ipad

Can someone confirm.... I picked up this phone and flew a bit yesterday and yes off of a full battery not one issue, it was flawless... but I am running dji go 4.1.15.

The only thing I noticed is that under the editor and create movie free form (where it generates a 30 second video) that when rotating in landscape mode half of the video is cut off while playing.... I would guess this is a bug in dji go 4.1.15, but if someone could confirm, please

Is there a suggestion to use apkpure in #23 or in OP? (and what's apkpure? lol)

View attachment 26259
There is , in fact. I wish my knowledge base was as grounded as yours. Where i"m stuck is getting the ACKPURE app to actually D/L Go4. Lithci works fine on the Ascend phone. I just haven't been successful getting to actually get DJI Go4 on my phone using apkpure

There is , in fact. I wish my knowledge base was as grounded as yours. Where i"m stuck is getting the ACKPURE app to actually D/L Go4. Lithci works fine on the Ascend phone. I just haven't been successful getting to actually get DJI Go4 on my phone using apkpure

Got a link or screenshot where in #23 (which is simply a link to a post with a link to apkmirror) or #1 you found apkpoor?

We're not here to debug some apkpoor app that has its own problems or possibly a virus.

20n7ll-jpg.26259

Reactions: rickw
Who wants to sell me one of their phones? Couldn't get one in time, and no local stock. PM me. Thanks!

If I remove the Sim card... Can I use wifi, or make a call, or watch fpv on the Mavic, or use the bathroom? Will it explode?

I removed the SIM but it shows "No SIM" in the status bar, it used to show cellular signal strength. How do I get that signal indicator back? I'm on Go 4.1.19. My Wunderphone just updated to ios 11.3 and now there's a notch on display. apkPOOR fails to download iTunes on my phone, and I see no hamburger menus, only a wine list. And where's the option for 30,000 laser dots? This phone sucks. I paid FORTY. NINE. DOLLARS. for it and there's even no offline paper map glued to the back. I'm returning it to Walmart for full $119 refund! ONE STAR!!!

Who wants to sell me one of their phones? Couldn't get one in time, and no local stock. PM me. Thanks!

Kudos for great work at rcgroups!

You can get Elate (aka Wunderphone RPE - Rich Pilot Edition) for only $16 more at bestbuy. Same thing.

I have my 3rd one still sealed in box, but one has to pry it off my cold hands, I love this steal so much. I'm open to exchanging it for a NIB firmware rollbackable Mavic, no less. :D

Reactions: NinjaNut

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin