DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

How i find the firmware version
You can find your current firmware version in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

Reactions: snoopdrone
Wunderphoners, wunderdoubters, wundernocluers, and all of the Internetz!

I just realized that I'm a father thanks to this thread - I coined an abbreviation FFSRTOP which is the first in the world, Google shows no relevant results:

https://www.google.com/search?num=5...3_3XAhUE8WMKHZURDFYQvgUIJigB&biw=1244&bih=724

Which is shocking to me since Internet discussion boards are more than three decades old, how come nobody ever came up with this obvious, and very useful abbreviation?!

I feel like Tim Berners-Lee now or something like that. Raise one for this wunderacronym:

FFSRTOP

:D:D:D

Reactions: Clinton1 and rfc
To add to what's becoming the longest thread I've ever followed, received my $49 XT2 and am highly impressed with its screen, battery and operation - at least compared to the old tablet I've been using. Only thing left is to see if any problems crop up with higher summer temperatures. My old tablet can get pretty hot, with the accompanying video lag and GO4 app crashes.

Thank you, Xtreme Drone Pilot, for the original posting with its pictures and bright colors to catch my attention.

Now just need to decide if I should use it also as my regular phone for six months so that ATT can unlock it for me. Hard call since $49 for a dedicated Mavic controller was quite a deal.

Using DJI GO4 version 4.1.15. Not going to bother with 4.1.18 or future app upgrades until the forum starts saying something good about DJI.

To add to what's becoming the longest thread I've ever followed, received my $49 XT2 and am highly impressed with its screen, battery and operation - at least compared to the old tablet I've been using. Only thing left is to see if any problems crop up with higher summer temperatures. My old tablet can get pretty hot, with the accompanying video lag and GO4 app crashes.

Thank you, Xtreme Drone Pilot, for the original posting with its pictures and bright colors to catch my attention.

Now just need to decide if I should use it also as my regular phone for six months so that ATT can unlock it for me. Hard call since $49 for a dedicated Mavic controller was quite a deal.

Using DJI GO4 version 4.1.15. Not going to bother with 4.1.18 or future app upgrades until the forum starts saying something good about DJI.

This is so great to hear, there's already an army of happy wunderphoners (including many lurkers who never post). Welcome to the... WUNDERCLUB! :DThumbswayup

if anyone has a wunderphone for sale,ill offer 25%over sale price

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Well, because it's not so obvious. I don't think this one is going to catch on.

Well, in 30+ years of the Internet existence, the situation where someone who makes absolutely no effort, doesn't read anything period (no manuals, no posts, no googling, nothing), and just drops in with a bunch of problems that have been beaten to death, just ought to be some kind of meme by now. Just like rolling on the floor laughing, first world problems, etc. etc.

Reactions: rickw
Just had my first flight and had huge lag from the phone.
Here is the fix. Make sure you are installing djigo4 AND the resources on the phones internal memory, then you can set an SD card as the default storage.

If the app and resources are stored on a removable SD card it will lag a ton.

"Will" is not a given, I use mine with some 4y.o. card I had collecting dust and no lag whatsoever. Something else could be a culprit, like when the card has a lot of bad blocks, any SSD storage goes bad with time. Make sure to format it in the phone.

Just had my first flight and had huge lag from the phone.
Here is the fix. Make sure you are installing djigo4 AND the resources on the phones internal memory, then you can set an SD card as the default storage.

running apps from a sd card will lag ,using a high end card helps a little but still not as good as the main drive.

Anyone successfully tried Follow Me mode when using their Ascend? I flew today and kept getting the weak GPS signal error that a lot of people have reported when using their Iphones (and Androids). I set locations services to GPS only and that didn't help. I have no SIM in the phone so no mobile data.

I'll try my S7 phone tomorrow and see if it works.

Anyone successfully tried Follow Me mode when using their Ascend? I flew today and kept getting the weak GPS signal error that a lot of people have reported when using their Iphones (and Androids). I set locations services to GPS only and that didn't help. I have no SIM in the phone so no mobile data.

I'll try my S7 phone tomorrow and see if it works.

Haven't tried F Me :D mode, but would hazard a guess that your hands are covering phone's GPS antenna which is under one of the plastic panels on top and bottom.

Reactions: travishauch
Another test with a fast card formated in the phone. If the SD card is set as storage, DJI requires the resources to also be on the SD card. This is with the app installed on the phones storage. Not as much lag, but still pretty noticable. Best bet for me is to skip the SD card altogether. Works top notch that way for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive