DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Yup I've stripped the phone clean and Frozen all apps that slow it down. I'm using the SD card that came with the mavic. Still unusable lag. Perhaps I'll try a faster card. Works perfectly on internal storage. I'm sure there is a way, just need to figure it out

I figured it out. It was a stupid mistake. Don't set the set the SD card as primary storage in the phone. Set the SD card as primary storage in the djigo app. Works perfectly now.

Two comments:
1. I can't remember when I've had so much fun reading a blog about anything. This one has been great. The phone is great. I can't believe I got mine for $49. What a deal!!!! So nice these days to get a bargain and neat product. Thanks to the original poster. I'll be watching future releases of that name brand.
2. Caution when inserting your SD card. If you, for instance, intend to use the phone with a SIM and SD, be sure you insert a clean SD. I took mine out of my Samsung and all my photos were erased in a format by the phone. I had to go to a computer shop to get them restored and copied to my hard drive at home. In other words, the Wunderphone will format any SD inserted.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Has anyone actually used this as a phone and popped in a At&t sim??
I have. It's a fine phone and surely an up and coming, more popular to be, brand. Still, I prefer my Samsung just being used to their menu styles. No doubt, the Huawei is still a tremendous bargain for all it does. It responds well, too. And, the reason it is so popular here is its bright screen.

I figured it out. It was a stupid mistake. Don't set the set the SD card as primary storage in the phone. Set the SD card as primary storage in the djigo app. Works perfectly now.

I'll do the same for my Wunderphone married to Mavic, since the only apps I have on it are Go and Litchi, internal storage is enough for that; and will, of course, set video cache to SD card. But mine works great even with everything on SD card.

I think I am going to jump in on the BestBuy version as I am only getting about a battery and a half before my iPhone 6s+ hits low battery from full after this stupid firmware update. Thanks for the amazingly long read (and the finds!)!!

Ooooo. Tempting. Do tell X

Then FFSRTOP. :D

JdskrNi.jpg

So, I got it, and am blown away! This must be illegal. $49 for very decent phone! Very well made, metal back, solid feel, fit & finish impeccable. Screen is bright and sharp. Battery seems to be la ssting forever.

Installed Go 4.1.15, did very basic examination with the RC and Mavic connected, but not flying (too windy). Everything seems to be stable and very smooth. No lag anywhere. (I started by disabling all junk first. If you remove SIM card before initial setup, AT&T doesn't install its bloatware. This phone will be used only for Mavic, so can't comment on general use, but so far seems to be a very responsive, smooth phone.)

Will do flight tests tomorrow. Thinking about getting another one for other dedicated tasks, this deal is insane!

I hate to ask a stupid question, but I am a newbie, so all my questions are stupid. How did you load the Go4 to the phone. I think you removed the sim before setup. Then after set up, you used the prepaid time to load it? I told you it was a stupid question.

Also, I have my Mavic on order. Do you think my Iphone 6+ will be adequate?

And how did the flight test go?

Thanks in advance,
787 Steve

I am using this - probably way overboard and I paid the $44 price. Might only write to 32 gb, not sure yet. Will try it in the Mavic if need be as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Micr...id=1513184537&sr=8-3&keywords=evo+sd+card+128

Oh - and 0 lag except when I am 2+ miles away but that is probably a city interference thing - - I'm new.

I ordered this one too. $37 I think. 50% faster writes than the 64 GB version which is what I thought more important than the extra 64 GB or extra $17.

I hate to ask a stupid question, but I am a newbie, so all my questions are stupid. How did you load the Go4 to the phone. I think you removed the sim before setup. Then after set up, you used the prepaid time to load it? I told you it was a stupid question.

Also, I have my Mavic on order. Do you think my Iphone 6+ will be adequate?

And how did the flight test go?

Thanks in advance,
787 Steve
connect it to your wifi,then go on google and d/l it.

Two comments:
1. I can't remember when I've had so much fun reading a blog about anything. This one has been great. The phone is great. I can't believe I got mine for $49. What a deal!!!! So nice these days to get a bargain and neat product. Thanks to the original poster. I'll be watching future releases of that name brand.
2. Caution when inserting your SD card. If you, for instance, intend to use the phone with a SIM and SD, be sure you insert a clean SD. I took mine out of my Samsung and all my photos were erased in a format by the phone. I had to go to a computer shop to get them restored and copied to my hard drive at home. In other words, the Wunderphone will format any SD inserted.

Thanks for this info!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk