DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

Thanks guys. So I guess the $49.00 deals are all gone. $65.00 isn't bad either, so I'll just order the Cricket Elite at BestBuy. Thanks so much guys.

I switched from iPhone 6S Plus to a dedicated flying device, and intended to use iPhone 6 but finding screen too small. I am thinking about getting Elate from BestBuy, but since I have never used Android before, I am not familiar with technical gotchas. Will it be as simple as using iPhone? I am pretty technical so learning something new is not my concern, I just don’t want to continuously spend time working on tweaks or customization. Does anyone recommend wunderphone for plug and play or it will be more involved?
Since you will be using this phone as a dedicated drone phone then yes, you will be able to operate it easily. It is as simple as downloading the app to the phone, and if you want to eek out evey ounce of performance there is a tutorial in this thread (I think) that shows exactly how to turn off this and that, etc.

Reactions: coop64
Hey~ what ever happened to Xtreme Drone Pilot - the guy who started this thread? He appears to have been banned...

Hey~ what ever happened to Xtreme Drone Pilot - the guy who started this thread? He appears to have been banned...
Yes, he was banned.

What am I doing wrong with my new XT2? I’ve got the latest DJI of app and it initially connects fine after asking the ‘Yes, allow access’ question to which i say yes, Then I select ‘Go Fly’ and it takes you into th camera screen and after a moment it two it says ‘aircraft dicsconnected’ and the picture goes.

Sometimes the ‘Yes, allow access’ question pops up again and you end up back at the ‘Go Fly’ option and go round in circles. I’ve reset the phone, reinstalled Go, but am just going round in circles..... any suggestions?

I’ve tried the side and bottom USB ports and both give the same disconnected results.

Thanks in advance.

I have been using my Nexus 7 2013 but I haven't flown it much do to weather and family b.s. would the Huawei Elate be a better option?

Last edited:
I bought mine 3 to 5 weeks ago Anyway Picture is really good Brighter than my LG phone 5.5 inch screen fits just fine. Has not once dropped a signal I'd say was a good buy. People say it has GPS built in I've had no problem calibrating compass or any thing else. Like I said I recently purchased this phone and so far is working just fine.

Oh and I never activated it either just charged the phone and downloaded DJI and Litchi All works as it should

Is everyone still running the old version of the app (1.5 maybe? I forget the number) or is it okay to run the current DJI Go app? Just curious.

Finally got my Elate today, first Android:) so far it looks promising. Initial flight in the house was event free :) will take it out over the weekend weather permitting. I enabled WiFi only to download DJI Go4 from google play. The phone has been in airplane mode since then with only location service enabled for GPS. I downloaded the latest version it seems stable. While I didn’t fly the Mavic I did go through all settings so the app was connected for about 20+ minutes I experienced zero crashes. After selling Cricket Wireless card on eBay net price is $44 for Elate can’t complain if flying experience isn’t as good as iPhone. It is still a great web browser if I find no other use for it.

Need to figure out how to delete some of the google junk that came with the phone. I only need google maps or some other gps app that will work offline.

Finally got my Elate today, first Android:) so far it looks promising. Initial flight in the house was event free :) will take it out over the weekend weather permitting. I enabled WiFi only to download DJI Go4 from google play. The phone has been in airplane mode since then with only location service enabled for GPS. I downloaded the latest version it seems stable. While I didn’t fly the Mavic I did go through all settings so the app was connected for about 20+ minutes I experienced zero crashes. After selling Cricket Wireless card on eBay net price is $44 for Elate can’t complain if flying experience isn’t as good as iPhone. It is still a great web browser if I find no other use for it.

Need to figure out how to delete some of the google junk that came with the phone. I only need google maps or some other gps app that will work offline.
Was the phone charging off the controller? I picked mine up today and the controller was charging the phone

Yes it was. Thanks for reminding me, will search how to disable it. Going through some links mentioned in this lengthy thread on initial setup of Elate.

Reactions: mitch_mavic

So you've installed 4.2.8? As this THREAD was created almost 6 months ago, I'm curious how stable the new DJI GO 4 app is.

I have a Spark & before the 'fluke' of the OTG cable compatibility + MAVIC AIR update has allowed support...everyone utilized the old 4.1.15 version.

**I've CLEARED & Disabled a much as possible with the Elate (without doing a ROOT), don't forget to utilize Phone Manager (app pre installed) to clear Cache, apps, etc before flight.

AT&T PREPAID Huawei Ascend XT2 16GB Prepaid Smartphone, Silver is $69.00 on Walmart.com

I'm pretty sure this is the lowest price in a while....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert