DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4k video has slight jitter

jehou

Reactions
I just bought a HP Omen i7 16gb, 1tb HDD, Nvidia GTX 1070 8gb. It's hooked up to a 40" Samsung
4k UHD, HDR tv. The 4k video is from my Mavic Pro.
More than enough power for 4k to run smooth, but it doesn't. Always has a slight jitter.
I can put the 4k file on a memory stick and go directly into usb on tv and it will play excellent.
Have any of you ever had this issue. If so, any suggestions?
Thank You,
Jim

Do you have anti virus software running ?

Can you play YouTube videos in 4K without issues ?

Is your laptop plugged in when you try and play the video ? Default power settings turn down the performance when on battery and not plugged in.

Reactions: charliesRig
I do have Norton anti virus running. Youtube 4k video runs great!
My computer is a desktop. Thank you for the reply.

Only thing I can suggest is try playing with another media player like VLC.

Also check if it's using integrated or dedicated graphics.

Computer has dedicated card and I have tried it on VLC. Messed around with some of the settings
but no change. Thanks

Computer has dedicated card and I have tried it on VLC. Messed around with some of the settings
but no change. Thanks
What I mean is sometimes it does not use dedicated card when you want it to.

I'm not at my computer but with Nvidia I'm sure you can right click an application like VLC and there is an option to start with dedicated graphics.

I was surprised at how little the graphics card is used for normal stuff.

My first suggestion is to turn off antivirus and try it again

If your HD is not ssd that might be the issue. I have not used non ssd for years so don’t know for sure if it’s fast enough. The specs I found online for that system show it as a sata drive. If that’s the case use the disk tools and. Clean up the drive and then run defragmenter on it. 4K will stress a HD and if it’s fragmented th drive takes too long to load all the bits of the video to play back. A defrag will help with this.

Also make sure your drives are all up to date. Windows update and then run nvidia driver updates also.

Because you issue is across different players and fine on YouTube videos I suspect it’s your drive fragmentation or anti virus. Either way. Good two things to deal with.

What I mean is sometimes it does not use dedicated card when you want it to.

I'm not at my computer but with Nvidia I'm sure you can right click an application like VLC and there is an option to start with dedicated graphics.

I was surprised at how little the graphics card is used for normal stuff.

For h264 video the intel cpu uses a technology called quick sync to play them back and its really good to have. Keeps up with decoding and encoding at real-time it better.

Video card is great for games and some special things that need serious math to display. More used in editing and almost no use in playback of video. Some cards use to have special h264 playback software but I don’t think they do that anymore.

I did t check but I think all i7 has quick Sync built in. It’s Likly the way all the h264 encoding streams are playing back.

OP performance could also be from system overheating (dust) but that doesn’t sound likely in this case.

Reactions: Callum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections