DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

50 seconds left meant zero

Lol, I just fly the **** things, FAA is one that told me I had to get a 107 Remote Pilots license to do what I do for work.

IMG_7310.JPG
IMG_7326.JPG

Reactions: Tony56
it happens, if you do plan to fly again its just one more thing you now know about the mavic, battery power (seconds) will fluctuate based on enviormental conditions.

Reactions: Tony56
sometimes, i think some people shouldn't be allowed to own a drone. i'll never get on a plane where the airlines fuels their planes just enough to get to their destination plus 1 min of extra fuel.

Reactions: ikonik.adventures
Im sorry for your loss and hope you save that poor thing. And when I biught Mavic I didnt research anything about it. I never even touched drones, rc aircrafts or anyything like these. I saw dude with his phantom watching Korean Baseball game and thought thats so cool. I bought the mavic pro thinking this was a TOY. Boy I was wrong. You should never fly drones if you think these are toys.

Reactions: faceman and Tony56
Expert pilots?! You do realise this is a radio control toy you can buy in best buy and completely flies itself?
And toys don’t get regulated by Federal Govt. im in that 15 mile of death ring in DC. Non rooted/modded DJI drones can’t even start their motors. So certainly drone is not considered as a toy in US.

Reactions: Tony56 and SkyNinja
Some people don't feel pity for compassion for people who make mistakes. I do, and I feel bad for the OP. I'm sure he feels bad enough right now.
I know what you mean. Some rookies mistakes are understandable, but some just boggles the mind. Just looking at the calculated battery time remaining, flying in a straight-line on a full battery shows the time fluctuates considerably (up to a minute). How is flying a $1k drone over water with estimated 60 secs battery time remaining a good idea? What could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: faceman and Rockisy
I know what you mean. Some rookies mistakes are understandable, but some just boggles the mind. Just looking at the calculated battery time remaining, flying in a straight-line on a full battery shows the time fluctuates considerably (up to a minute). How is flying a $1k drone over water with estimated 60 secs battery time remaining a good idea? What could possibly go wrong?
Lacking common sense.... or staying dangerous and loves that thrill. I don’t look at time left. I never go below 3.3v. Just Voltage. 3.4v = landing asap.

I have my low battery warning set at 30%; I like my MP a lot and am not interested in replacing it 'cause nobody is handing out free $100 dollar bills... nor interested in having to go treasure-hunting for the airplane.

In my kit is a wind speed meter to use when in doubt and always check the Wx before heading out. Best practices...

If you're gonna push luck, its a good idea to fly into a headwind then use the tailwind to hobble back.

Reactions: colinfowler
I am still confused as to how he was even able to fly it to that level.

At 10 percent should it not start an auto landing? I don’t know if any way unless a hack was performed to get around that.

10 percent Is where battery level critical starts on my Mavics. I would prefer it to be 5 percent but you can’t adjust the slider below 5 percent

I take off a lot in tight spots where landing takes a bit of time due to obstacles. So I tend to start in my final approach with 20 percent as I don’t want to hit 10 percent and have it start auto landing.

Can the auto landing be over ridden?

Paul C

10 percent Is where battery level critical starts on my Mavics. I would prefer it to be 5 percent but you can’t adjust the slider below 5 percent
There is no setting in DJI GO to adjust that auto landing. The Mavic will start auto land when it calculates it only has enough battery power left to safely make it to the ground. The setting you mentioned only displays an alert in DJI GO when the battery reaches the set level.

I don’t want to change the 10 percent as I would prefer to have warning.

I just thought once the Mavic hit 10 percent it would start to auto land. That appears to be incorrect and you can fly and control inside of 10 percent.

Paul C

And toys don’t get regulated by Federal Govt.
Actually, toys get regulated by the fed govt all the time. The amount of toxins allowed is of course regulated. But anything that turns out to be a danger can trigger regulation: lawn darts, fireworks, 3-wheeled ATVs, hoverboards, and many many more. Even now, so-called smart toys are in the crosshairs due to privacy concerns, among other reasons.

Mike

First-time drone owner. Mavic Air was fighting wind to return home. I was looking for good place to land. App said about 1 min battery remaning. Lost connection over a river. Drone is now asleep with fishies rip.

In future will land with 90 secs remaining.
This is a good example of what not to do. Especially for new pilots, practice, practice.
I have been flying for 6 months now and have learned to bring Bird home when its tells me only25% of battery life remaining. Have been times when only 1 minute remaining before battery is depleted, but its landing . Been keeping LOS especially when battery life is low. Maybe to some this may be over cautious but its been working for me. Hope by some good fortune you find the downed Bird.

Reactions: Rockisy
Actually, toys get regulated by the fed govt all the time. The amount of toxins allowed is of course regulated. But anything that turns out to be a danger can trigger regulation: lawn darts, fireworks, 3-wheeled ATVs, hoverboards, and many many more. Even now, so-called smart toys are in the crosshairs due to privacy concerns, among other reasons.

Mike

Aww, I miss lawn darts. I eventually want to build my own set. First I gotta get a lawn though.

Reactions: halifax
Wait, wait, wait. Am I reading this correctly?? Is that saying a flight of 41 minutes on one battery? With a Mavic? How?!

Sorry to hear you lost your bird and now get all these negative responses from these want to be expert pilots.

Just buy a new bird and fly the way that makes you happy.

Last October I was doing a long distance flight for the Mavic Pro leader board flew out 50K came up 1200 feet short and that MP is now sleeping in Davy Jone’s locker.

There’s nothing wrong with flying your bird to the limit as long as you’re willing to except the consequences. I know most of us on the top of the MP leaderboard have come up short and crashed and or lost birds pushing it to the limit.

October flight 50k didn’t make it back
View attachment 41688

56K flight couple weeks ago
View attachment 41689

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78