DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

7" Huawei Mediapad T3 - aka Wundertablet

I was wondering if a Nexus 7 would be a good choice? Had one a couple years ago, but sold it. It was a great tablet. See them used now for about 50 EUR. Question will be the state of the battery of course...?

I've heard the Nexus 7 2013 works well with the Mavic.
Almost bought one myself before I discovered the Huawei T3.
It's a bit longer than the T3 so not sure how well it'll fit in the RC arms. You might need a mount for it.

Reactions: vertrider
I currently use a iPad Pro 10.5“ at business and it‘s a great pad, but it‘s too big for all the Mavic RC holds out there... Didn‘t know by then, should have kept the Mini...

4.1.3 with huawei t3 rocks! More stable and reliable then 4.1.9 i can confirm, will keep that for now. 4.1.22 is a no go

4.1.3 with huawei t3 rocks! More stable and reliable then 4.1.9 i can confirm, will keep that for now. 4.1.22 is a no go

I don't have any problem with 4.1.9 but thanks for letting us know. Thumbswayup
Other folks may benefit from it.

You've probably all seen the "Wunderphone" thread and read how good Huawei phones are with the Mavic. I have a 5.2" Huawei P8 which also works great but I find the screen a little on the small side and it got me thinking about Huawei tablets.

So I took a punt on a 7" Mediapad T3. You can buy them brand new in the UK for as little as £60 in Argos.
First, I tried the latest version of Go 4 on the Play Store but the video feed was horrendous.
Version 4.1.15 was the same but thanks to Haloweenhamster, it turns out version 4.1.9 works great. Rock solid feed with no lag !
I'll now be using this as a dedicated display for the Mavic with no other apps installed.

So if you're looking for a bigger screen that won't break the bank, I think this fits the criteria of "Wundertablet", i.e. dirt cheap, works great. :D

View attachment 26771

What’s length is the USB cable you’re using and where did you get it? Ones I’ve got are way too long.

Reactions: Creaky
i have found 4.1.3 with no ce limit built in. can confirm it works perfect on huawei t3. i can now switch to us and get the range we all want. tell me if you want to have it. i live in sweden

I'm thinking about getting the T3 7 inch tablet and found this thread...is it a 1 gb or a 2 gb ram? The Huwaei website shows 1gb / 2 gb, , with 2gb listed under 16 gb rom, so my guess is if I get the 16 gb model, it will have 2 gb ram?

What the difference between all these DJI software versions coming out? Why do they keep upgrading them so often? Is it to fix glitches or add more features, or both? Are there additional features I'll be missing out on if I use an older version?

What's the next step up 7 inch Android tablet that is stable with all versions of Mavic, let's say, under $150?

Last edited:
Yeah, does this tablet have enough ram to run Go4? I bought a galaxy tab a, and took it right back. Garbage. Thing was unbelievably slow. Can we get an update on if this tablet worth it, or do I need to get something with 3 or 4 GB of ram to handle the load? Thanks

Yeah, does this tablet have enough ram to run Go4? I bought a galaxy tab a, and took it right back. Garbage. Thing was unbelievably slow. Can we get an update on if this tablet worth it, or do I need to get something with 3 or 4 GB of ram to handle the load? Thanks

Not had any problems running Go4, the only thing is you need to run v4.1.9 to get it to run smoothly with no image pixelisation. I have uninstalled or disabled all unwanted apps.

Not had any problems running Go4, the only thing is you need to run v4.1.9 to get it to run smoothly with no image pixelisation. I have uninstalled or disabled all unwanted apps.
Will version 4.1.5 work too?

Ok, just hooked up the wunder tablet and downloaded the Go4 version 4.1.3 and it's seems to be working just fine. Flew a normal route and no issues with transmission so far. My only thing is, is that the brightest the screen can get!? Wow. It does not get very bright at all. I even have a dji hood and it's hard to see. Anyone use an anti glare screen cover would that work or is it a loss cause?

Ok, just hooked up the wunder tablet and downloaded the Go4 version 4.1.3 and it's seems to be working just fine. Flew a normal route and no issues with transmission so far. My only thing is, is that the brightest the screen can get!? Wow. It does not get very bright at all. I even have a dji hood and it's hard to see. Anyone use an anti glare screen cover would that work or is it a loss cause?
The problem with cheaper tablets is that don't have very bright screens unfortunately.

How does the tablet work with the maps when disconnected from WiFi??
I haven't yet tried that. But I would think it would be the same as when I put my phone on airplane mode. I have location turned on, but airplane mode enabled. I'm going to try more flights this weekend and experiment. I'll let you know

I haven't yet tried that. But I would think it would be the same as when I put my phone on airplane mode. I have location turned on, but airplane mode enabled. I'm going to try more flights this weekend and experiment. I'll let you know

Thanks, the maps are crucial in my opinion... especially in the case you loose your drone. I’m new to this, so I don’t understand what flying in “airplane mode” entails — I’ve never done it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman