DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

We all knew this was coming just before the goggles went public. The bad news is that .400 has probably been removed.

I have no idea why they say added support for goggles? I guess they meant improved support.

We will soon see how much weight the NFZ database in the matching app has gained;) Along with the agonizing process of stepping into the land mines of undocumented changes to some of the crafts behaviors. Good luck eager beavers, I will sit back and read the posts:cool:

Rob
Someone already posted a screen shot of the Assistant with .400 still present after the .700 upgrade. YMMV.

Updated to .700 earlier this afternoon. Here is what i experienced:
3. Problems with gimbal initialisation are gone. It is straight and stays straight
Thumbswayup
Why do you think this is a firmware issue. I'm guessing your firmware was the same as everybody elses, but I certainly never has issues like this.
re. gimbal issues. I had gimball issues with .550 and .600. The unstable random reset sort of thing when you are flying.
I went back to .400 and they went away. I didn't originally think it was firmware related, but it occurred to me that it didn't come on until I had upgraded firmware.
Perhaps it's a combination of a firmware problem that only pops up with certain hardware anomolies. ?
In any case, I've been back on .400 for a couple weeks and haven't seen a reset once.
nope, this sucks. i updated to 0700 and the nfz limit problem (like in #76) is back after it was resolved for me in 0600.

so finally, im the next one back on 0400...
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. I was kind of hoping the false NFZs were fixed.

Reactions: EsiMavic
Why do you think this is a firmware issue. I'm guessing your firmware was the same as everybody elses, but I certainly never has issues like this.

I have upgraded from 0400 to 0500 and 550 and did not have issues with Gimbal. When I went to 0600 my gimbal took quite some time to level horizon. Went back to 0400 and it worked fine. I retried 0600 since first time I had firmware freeze up during upgrade and had to restart program and Mavic to finish upgrade. The second time around it loaded 0600 firmware perfectly. Once again gimbal began having issues taking a while to level out even during flights.

I downgraded to 0400 and it worked fine and would snap back after initialization to a leveled horizon instantly. So yes.... 0600 had issues for gimbal. The million dollar question is why isn't everyone affected by this... And my only thought is that there may be some kind of difference in hardware of some sort maybe and may not only be firmware on "certain aircrafts".

The more I read on here the more I'm puzzled. There are issues that other people complained about that I never experienced on the same firmware.

I wonder if there is any out sourcing to other companies for certain components or they have switched to other sources for faster production and such and there for maybe some things may be different on the circuit boards.

I don't know I don't have the answer. But I can tell you from my experience and others I've read the Gimbal issue was common problem with 0600.

I've updated. Recalibrate imu and compass and all is well. No problems through 2 batteries. And my Horizon is straight again.
I don't know if that was the update, but I'm happy to not have to mess with it.

So updated to the new firmware ran the Mavic through 2 batteries and everything went awesome! no dropping from GPS to ATTI mode, I also notice the gimbal wasn't leaning like it was the past few flights even after trying gimbal calibrations. Hoping this fixed my issues. Seems to have so far. Again used 2 batteries and everything seems to be way better. Time will tell.

I've updated. Recalibrate imu and compass and all is well. No problems through 2 batteries. And my Horizon is straight again.
I don't know if that was the update, but I'm happy to not have to mess with it.

Did you set gimbal manual adjustment to "0" or did you have to still manually adjust the Gimbal. I think mine had to be adjusted to -0.4 to have it leveled but every time I powered on the Mavic the Gimbal would do its calibration and instantly ready well that's in 0400 firmware. I sure hope this 0700 will work just as good.

I'm still watching rather than jumping on. I leave for vacation in 2 weeks and I'm really thinking I may wait until after I get back in June before jumping onboard. I know 0400 is pretty stable and I have no reason to jump to 0700 as there isn't much to gain by upgrading.

Still considering it... But I'd hate to go on vacation and then something fail. I'll keep eyes on this thread and watch.

Mike

4GB file bug still in .700

Unfortunately the .700 update is still effected by the gimbal/camera reset bug at 4GB.
I film 2.7/30, so 3.80GB max file size occurs at ~ 12:05 minutes.

First flight with .700 all fine and 4GB file switch worked seamlessly in background as it should. It occurred when Mavic was was gently cruising around about a mile away.

Second flight, file switch occurred when home bound at full throttle. Flying at 40mph and descending at full down stick in sport mode. On screen live feed showed motion bump with gimbal going haywire, tilted and out of focus. Onboard recording stopped and did not recommence a new file. Recording button showed recording stopped. FPV Cache continued recording for another 25 seconds displaying the event and eventually quit at 12:29.

S7 edge phone cache of event. SD stopped recording at first bump.

So there is still a bug in this process. Possibly what the aircraft is doing at the time of file switch has an effect on whether or not this issue occurs. Load on processors or current drain etc.

4GB file bug still in .700

Unfortunately the .700 update is still effected by the gimbal/camera reset bug at 4GB.
I film 2.7/30, so 3.80GB max file size occurs at ~ 12:05 minutes.

First flight with .700 all fine and 4GB file switch worked seamlessly in background as it should. It occurred when Mavic was was gently cruising around about a mile away.

Second flight, file switch occurred when home bound at full throttle. Flying at 40mph and descending at full down stick in sport mode. On screen live feed showed motion bump with gimbal going haywire, tilted and out of focus. Onboard recording stopped and did not recommence a new file. Recording button showed recording stopped. FPV Cache continued recording for another 25 seconds displaying the event and eventually quit at 12:29.

S7 edge phone cache of event. SD stopped recording at first bump.

So there is still a bug in this process. Possibly what the aircraft is doing at the time of file switch has an effect on whether or not this issue occurs. Load on processors or current drain etc.
I'm staying on .400 Did you roll back the firmware and if so did that fix the gimbal and camera

Is there any documentation from DJI with a list of things or at least some of the things the update addresses. I wonder if it is only an update for the goggles.

Is there any documentation from DJI with a list of things or at least some of the things the update addresses. I wonder if it is only an update for the goggles.
Yes, it is posted under release notes on the website, this one was "support for goggles" and "gimbal calibration optimization."

I think right now DJi are keeping 0400 as they know that it is the only truly tested firmware that actually works well right now and everything else is like a beta version and Mavic owners are their testers.

They would be mad to give up a firmware that we can go back too that has shown to be very popular and has so far been the least eventful as far as bugs go.

Lets hope that remains a while longer

Reactions: Sau and ed1nh0
I fired up my Mavic today on 0400 and when I connected controller it said inconsistent firmware. It then as usual advised me of an update which I didn't do. But I don't recall seeing this inconsistency when I flew a couple days ago. Is this only because 0700 just came out?

I fired up my Mavic today on 0400 and when I connected controller it said inconsistent firmware. It then as usual advised me of an update which I didn't do. But I don't recall seeing this inconsistency when I flew a couple days ago. Is this only because 0700 just came out?

Yes but just confirm in the menu that both devices are on .0400
I just ignore the messages and fly.

Rob

I think right now DJi are keeping 0400 as they know that it is the only truly tested firmware that actually works well right now and everything else is like a beta version and Mavic owners are their testers.

They would be mad to give up a firmware that we can go back too that has shown to be very popular and has so far been the least eventful as far as bugs go.

Lets hope that remains a while longer

They are going to get a crap load of complaints when it's gone but you can be sure that it will be gone within the next 2-4 weeks. I honestly do not know what I am going to do when I get the goggles. I doubt they will work with .400 but luckily I can upgrade and downgrade to .400 anytime I need to thanks to BorisTheSpiders testing of the VMware snapshot backup.

Rob

Reactions: Spanishcop
Yes but just confirm in the menu that both devices are on .0400
I just ignore the messages and fly.

Rob

Rob....
Where can I verify on menu? Sorry for the silly question but I have always done my updates from PC with DJI Assistant. I was worried that accessing info from RC would trigger update. Is it possible to check it without updating from what your telling me?

I'm staying on .400 Did you roll back the firmware and if so did that fix the gimbal and camera
No I did not roll back. Happy to stick with .700 unless I find something major. I just see it is a bug and not a deal breaker.
For my settings, it simply means to keep an eye on things around the 12 minute mark. If the gimbal glitches at 12min, I have not actually had a collision. I simply need to restart the recording. Alterntiveley back off and the controls during this period to unload the system. so it does not occur.

Reactions: mvzut and HHH
Unfortunately I had to get my first replacement and I take delivery tomorrow. I have no idea what firmware they shipped on it sigh....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview