DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

80% more run time than lipo

From the battery university.
The dry solid polymer battery requires a temperature of 60–100°C (140–212°F) to promote ion flow and become conductive. This type of battery has found a niche market for stationary power applications in hot climates where heat serves as a catalyst rather than a disadvantage.
Interesting. Did not know this (lazy googler). Thx.

Does the Mavic use CAN, Modbus or some other standard software for the battery connection? IF so, then the Nano might simply be converting the voltage to a CAN signal so the Mavic CPU can read the voltage.

Also someone mentioned putting an amp meter on the mavic,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WESta5WBz4w

There's no need for an ampmeter. Flight Data Viewer will show the used current:

mavic_flight.png

There's no need for an ampmeter. Flight Data Viewer will show the used current:

mavic_flight.png
I don't know much about flight meter, but used current spines like the current used front the battery. But is this looking at logs with peak current spike drains? I wasn't the one who mentioned the amp meter, but I would just be the one who would want to question what logs are being converted to that graph and if it's the correct log for what we really need before depending on the data. And that's were it gets hard to know for sure since only DJI knows what the true numbers in the log is from or how they are calculated, reported and logged.
Just a little devils advocate to be sure. :)

Reactions: radman
I don't know much about flight meter, but used current spines like the current used front the battery. But is this looking at logs with peak current spike drains? I wasn't the one who mentioned the amp meter, but I would just be the one who would want to question what logs are being converted to that graph and if it's the correct log for what we really need before depending on the data. And that's were it gets hard to know for sure since only DJI knows what the true numbers in the log is from or how they are calculated, reported and logged.
Just a little devils advocate to be sure. :)

They look right to me: The first part of the flight was done with tail wind (~4.5 miles). On return, I noticed the wind and had to floor it (Mavic's flight params were modified to turbo+++, which allowed me to spin the motors over 8500rpm). Finally, I realised that I could not make it back and raised the altitude to get more time when forced landing is triggered (you can see this in the last spike). Then, I turned around and traveled with the tail wind again in order to find a place to land. After that, I lost the signal and the Mavic hovered until ran out of battery.

I also would love to extend flight time with 18650 cells,

Autolanding kicked in at 3.283V, but was able to fly forward in a forced descent.

Did you try to fiddle with the mavic's configuration params?

suggestion:

g_config_bat_config_emergency_voltage 3000 -> 2600
raw_bat_level_1 3960 -> 3250
raw_bat_level_2 3600 -> 2800
g_config_bat_config_bat_limit_limit_vol_min 3300 -> 2700
g_config_bat_config_bat_limit_limit_vol_max 3700 -> 3500

suggestion:

Haven't yet, but will do if I get the Titan pack.

Reactions: WIMMPYIII

suggestion:

I am surprised the moderators have not removed this thread now that you mentioned changing a forbidden config.

Hi all, I see there are 9 pages here on the topic of modding the Mavic for use with the more efficient lithium ion battereis from gettitanpower. Is it possible for you guys to reply this message with a summary on performance increase data on suitable batteries and links to websites to buy the mods required to make the battery work with the Mavic?

Also please include data on replacing the Mavic battery completely with the lithium ion and also data when you simply add the lithium battery on the Mavic battery in a parallel connection.

Summary:
What are the best ways to extend flight time of the Mavic with the gettitan batteries? And where do I get the mods? How much time does each recommended configuration add? Thanks

Reactions: WIMMPYIII
Hi all, I see there are 9 pages here on the topic of modding the Mavic for use with the more efficient lithium ion battereis from gettitanpower. Is it possible for you guys to reply this message with a summary on performance increase data on suitable batteries and links to websites to buy the mods required to make the battery work with the Mavic?

Also please include data on replacing the Mavic battery completely with the lithium ion and also data when you simply add the lithium battery on the Mavic battery in a parallel connection.

Summary:
What are the best ways to extend flight time of the Mavic with the gettitan batteries? And where do I get the mods? How much time does each recommended configuration add? Thanks

That's a lot to ask;) go to the REAL battery mod thread and pick your poison. Stay away from the titanpower stuff id say.
Here's a page with another 18650 mod..
Mavic Pro Battery Mod

suggestion:

Hello, when i try to change raw_bat_level_2 3600 -> 2800, i got this error:
Object {ERROR: "FAILURE", ERROR_CODE_LOCAL: 5, ERROR_MESSAGE: "the given value lower than the minimum", SEQ: "64x41jbv", VALUE: 3500}
Is there a way to successfully change raw_bat_level_2 3600 -> 2800 ?

Hello, when i try to change raw_bat_level_2 3600 -> 2800, i got this error:
Object {ERROR: "FAILURE", ERROR_CODE_LOCAL: 5, ERROR_MESSAGE: "the given value lower than the minimum", SEQ: "64x41jbv", VALUE: 3500}
Is there a way to successfully change raw_bat_level_2 3600 -> 2800 ?
No, but you can set battery type to 3 and all those settings are ignored. You can see that it flies normally right to the end of the pack:

[QUOTE = "Jake Galloway, post: 257053, membre: 3013"]
Je viens d'installer l'antenne NanoSync hier, alors bien sûr je me retrouve ici dans un fil de batterie. Je suis très intéressé par la configuration de la batterie Titan. Tout le monde pense que le connecteur XT60 avec la batterie Titan 7ah 11.1v serait une configuration décente que je devrais essayer?
[/CITATION]
Bonjour avez vous essayé cette configuration est-elle fiable merci pour votre réponse

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J