DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Beginner's Quick Ref for Mavic Air with DJI GO 4 on iPad Mini4

Joe Crawford

Reactions
I don't know know if the attached Beginner's Quick Ref will be of help to anyone, but thought I'd post it here just in case. As a new user, trying to wind my way through the tons of documentation available on the internet, with probably half of it wrong, was a considerable pain... As a newbie to both Apple iOS, the iPad and drones in general, learning to speak three new different languages at the same time was quite daunting. On top of that trying to make sense of the dozens of flight and camera menus in the DJI GO 4 app and how they all intertwine was difficult to say the least, especially since I was using an iPad and all the available documentation seemed to be for smart phones. Anyway, trying to sort it all out I came up with the Quick Ref.

In order to make it easier to print, I have inverted the flight menus to remove the black backgrounds. I have also included cross-references where I felt they might help when bouncing around the document. It is still a work-in-progress so if anyone has suggestions on how to improve it, or finds errors, typos, etc. please feel free to let me know. I know the configuration is restricted, but I do hope it helps other beginner's. I still keep it handy when flying.

Attachments

• Mavic Air Beginner's Quick Ref ver 0.7.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 165
Appears you have spent some time and effort to put this together. I have done some things similar in the past to help study for some exams. If this does not help the memory cells . . .
Well done, very informative. Kudos.

I don't know know if the attached Beginner's Quick Ref will be of help to anyone, but thought I'd post it here just in case.
It is still a work-in-progress so if anyone has suggestions on how to improve it, or finds errors, typos, etc. please feel free to let me know. I know the configuration is restricted, but I do hope it helps other beginner's. I still keep it handy when flying.

Very impressive, especially the GO4 menu tree. I'm sure that there will be a lot of grateful beginners out there...and maybe some "non-beginners" as well.

YouTube has tons of videos, but I've found that very few are standouts. There's a thread here that includes an excellent compilation of videos for beginners: Mavic Air: Beginner's Guides and Tutorials

Nice write-up, I'll find it helpful!

I have an iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen. I’m thinking of getting a smaller sized iPad Pro for back up. Or iPad Mini 4 or 5. Is the Mini 4 still running strong?

I hope so, just ordered a refurb iPad Mini 4 on Amazon for .$180. It seems to be the most popular tablet from the better Mavic Air articles and Youtube vids I've come across. Helped by it's perfectly snug fit in the controller. I just hope the battery isn't worn out on this refurb!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98