DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 A Breathtaking Free Solo Rock Climbing Adventure, Seal Rock, Boulder Colorado

Karlewski

Reactions
I figured I'd make a video of one of my favorite rocking climbing training zones for a low stress adventure so, I got up and left the house before dawn and, wow, was it worth it! Tons of birds and animals moving about and the light was just great too. Enjoy my friends!

Great video. Thanks for being one of the are guys like you who go do that so I can watch from my chair. It's not something on my bucket list and at 65, not gonna add it! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I used the 360 One R camera on a 10' selfie stick. Although it shoots in 5.6k resolution once you edit and compose the "reframe" to capture roughly 1//4 of the entire spherical view of the camera it comes out to be roughly 1080P, not bad but definitely can't match up with the other cameras. . . . Having a 4K 360 camera on the drone would be awesome, and eliminate a lot of pilots skill to be replaced with longer editing times. . . Maybe the air 2s with wider camera angle and 5.4K is a good compromise. . . . I wish I had that drone.

Reactions: Steve F
I figured I'd make a video of one of my favorite rocking climbing training zones for a low stress adventure so, I got up and left the house before dawn and, wow, was it worth it! Tons of birds and animals moving about and the light was just great too. Enjoy my friends!
Hi Karl, you really are an old warhorse, how you climbed up there, simply unbelievable. You go up there as if it were a walk, simply admirable!
Your camera work is also top notch by the way. ???I also liked the editing of the video very well. All in all, again a very interesting and entertaining video, thanks for that! ?
When the rope fell down I was afraid for you, because that would certainly not be pleasant if it had hit you. Wow the beautiful rattlesnake you have caught very well. The snake had you in its sights, but it has sensed that you do not want to hurt her...fortunately ?
Thanks for sharing this outstanding video my friend! Cheers Paul

Amazing Karl as always. You keep posting better and better videos week after week. Honestly I don't know how you do what you do. That aside, beautifully shot footage, brilliantly edited and we get a rattle snake thrown in for good measure. Loved it from start to finish. Thanks for sharing. Thumbswayup

Greetings! Thanks for sharing!

Getting whipped by the rope does hurt, especially from that height, LOL, been there done that and, I often see how close to the end I can catch the rope but, all I could think at that moment was protecting the camera, I was shielding it. . . Truth about the rattle snake. . . I saw him 2 days before when hiking with my daughter, then the morning of the climb I noticed a sign on the trail about rattle snake sitings and I thought HMMM. . . I know you guys want to meet one. . . he was cool and one of the more defensive ones I've encountered, usually they just take off but this guy was ready to fight.

I would give this video a very high (I'd say about 1000%) PUCKER FACTOR. Vicariously we all greatly admire and enjoy these adventures. I don't want to praise you too much because I think you will go out and try to top yourself each time and I genuinely fear for your safety. But seriously, this was just fantastic stuff. Most of us are old guys who would never be able to enjoy these heights, scenes, and adventures. You contribute greatly to this forum and our collective enjoyment. This is about as close as we will get to see ourselves as another Alex Honnold.

Of course it goes without saying that your filming skills, editing skills, and climbing skills are amazing. I cannot believe that you actually climb ahead to set up the shot and repeat the climb again for the camera. Another standing ovation!!!!

Dale
Miami

Getting whipped by the rope does hurt, especially from that height, LOL, been there done that and, I often see how close to the end I can catch the rope but, all I could think at that moment was protecting the camera, I was shielding it. . . Truth about the rattle snake. . . I saw him 2 days before when hiking with my daughter, then the morning of the climb I noticed a sign on the trail about rattle snake sitings and I thought HMMM. . . I know you guys want to meet one. . . he was cool and one of the more defensive ones I've encountered, usually they just take off but this guy was ready to fight.
As you are a "Pro" you surely know what to do with the rope, to not being hit! Nice story about the rattle snake and your daughter fortunately the guy didn´t really fight, he was a smart guy ?

This one was really fun for me, despite the appearance, the "pucker factor," for me was low, especially compared that the desert, Temple Mountain Climb, OMG. I am backing off after that. I just finished a more or less hiking trip similar to Mt. Elbert I'm putting together for the weekend! Climbing four 13,000' mountains and the last was pretty interesting and majestic. . . Met a cute little couple on the way up and there was some AMAZING mining ruins there as well. I'm excited show you guys! Dale you are like my Dad . . . He got me the in-reach rescue beacon. Though he worries some he also loves the videos. Please feel free to post anything on my posts you'd especially like me to see. If I can help with editing Ideas I'd be happy to!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d