DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A cheap practice drone?

LTWATCH

Reactions
Hi folks,
I just got all my goodies to start using my Mavic pro soon. It took a while to get it, and to replace the supplied defective battery. Now that I am ready to go, well it is way to windy and cold to try to learn with an expensive drone. Any suggestions on a cheap "toy' drone so I can get the feel of flying one? Something under $100? Seems like a good idea if something exists to accomplish this :)
Thank you for reading, Larry T.

Thanks guys. I had just enough in my Amazon gift card balance to get the E58 for .07 cents :) Perfect!!! It looks like the Mavic had a little brother. Absolutely perfect, you guys are the best. So glad I joined this forum!!

I really do appreciate the privilege of your time and knowledge :) Larry T.

Thanks guys. I had just enough in my Amazon gift card balance to get the E58 for .07 cents :) Perfect!!! It looks like the Mavic had a little brother. Absolutely perfect, you guys are the best. So glad I joined this forum!!

I really do appreciate the privilege of your time and knowledge :) Larry T.

The Eachine 58 will definitely increase your flying skills, just remember it won't be as stable in the hover as something like a Mavic, you will need to trim it and it will never be completely rock steady, but that's where the fun and challenge come from. Set it to the lowest speed at first

Reactions: LTWATCH
This sounds like a "smarter" way to go since I am totally new to drones. Worst case scenario is I crash it. Better to lose $75, rather than a $1000. And the instability will help me sharpen my skills, well maybe :)

Sincerely, thank you, LT

Reactions: MavicCF
Last edited:
Reactions: OOO
Other than my Govt iPhone (which won’t allow me to do anything like this) I don’t have a cell phone. I don’t see a reference to my iPad Air 2, so how would I fly this with the app, or not at all?

Other than my Govt iPhone (which won’t allow me to do anything like this) I don’t have a cell phone. I don’t see a reference to my iPad Air 2, so how would I fly this with the app, or not at all?

You can fly the Eachine 58 with the included controller, just like you can fly the Mavic with it's controller without a phone.

The app should be available on the any IOS device, EACHINE FLY on the App Store

Haven't see this one before. Looks like a Mavic Jr. I like it. Will have to think about it. What I liked about the Mavic, it was so easy to fly, right out of the box. I have a Blade HC, and couldn't keep it in the air long then a few minutes. Could never get it trimmed before I would crash it. Was very very frustrating. I also had several gas and electric aircraft over the past 40+ years, also had problems either taking off or landing with them. So when I got the Mavic, I felt like I was in RC heaven.

Reactions: Dw911 and choo choo
Haven't see this one before. Looks like a Mavic Jr. I like it. Will have to think about it. What I liked about the Mavic, it was so easy to fly, right out of the box. I have a Blade HC, and couldn't keep it in the air long then a few minutes. Could never get it trimmed before I would crash it. Was very very frustrating. I also had several gas and electric aircraft over the past 40+ years, also had problems either taking off or landing with them. So when I got the Mavic, I felt like I was in RC heaven.

The Eachine needs to be trimmed as well and it won't remain in position as accurately because it doesn't have gps

Thanks everyone. I actually sent back one from Amazon, and got one with 3 batteries on Ebay for only $62. It took me a while to figure out how the heck to get battery out of E58. They must make these for pennies, so I don't expect much from instructions. Good ole Youtube will have stuff. Nice way to learn without risking a 1K drone. Or so I think. Great forum, lot's of good info.
For those of you NE Patriots fans, funny story. We had a structure fire in a basement of a house in my town today. Owner listed is one Mr. Roger Goodell,(they usually never list owner in reports) no one was hurt, and I had no idea he has a house down here.....In Dennis, MA :) Really sorry Roger...

Just recently got my E58. The user manual is almost useless but found several helpful videos on YouTube.

Just got this dude, looks and performs just fine.
10min battery life with 2 spares .. not bad.

6YcuRnB.jpg

Just got this dude, looks and performs just fine.
10min battery life with 2 spares .. not bad.

6YcuRnB.jpg

How come there is a prop strike on the front left ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview