DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A confirmed no from DJI !

ninja_geezer

Reactions
Just had this back direct from DJI in china....

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The product team has decided to give up waypointMission due to chip ability and user usage. Later only enterprise product will have waypointMission feature.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So there just going to let third party handled the work load, makes sense an this will motivate those companies now to step up there software. Interesting.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow and land on water.

So there just going to let third party handled the work load, makes sense an this will motivate those companies now to step up there software. Interesting.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow and land on water.
It is the same thing for those of us who remember where they started. The Inspire 1 and P3 series never had it, they left it up to third party. It wasn't till a few firmware's that they went ahead and added it in with limited function. It goes with people complaining about why the Mini 2 can't do what the Mavic 2 series can do. People want their cake and eat it to, but stand in line at the soup kitchen as it were :p DJI just said "No Soup for you"! And again I would question at what tier that little tidbit of info was passed down and if it could be considered reputable either. I would almost guarantee that the Mavic 3 (When Released) has a onslaught of Smart functions, and waypoints will be one of them ;)

I'm perfectly happy to rely on third party software for waypoints and mission planning. Third party authors tend to be more responsive to the user base ... responding to questions and feature requests ... because that's exclusively where their money comes from, whereas Mavic is primarily a hardware vendor. Whatever Mavic offered would likely be fixed in concrete, whereas third party solutions tend to constantly evolve. The development roadmap for Maven, for example, includes the ability to set waypoints by flying to each one and locking in the relevent parameters, as well the ability to import Litchi missions in .csv format.

It is the same thing for those of us who remember where they started. The Inspire 1 and P3 series never had it, they left it up to third party. It wasn't till a few firmware's that they went ahead and added it in with limited function. It goes with people complaining about why the Mini 2 can't do what the Mavic 2 series can do. People want their cake and eat it to, but stand in line at the soup kitchen as it were :p DJI just said "No Soup for you"! And again I would question at what tier that little tidbit of info was passed down and if it could be considered reputable either. I would almost guarantee that the Mavic 3 (When Released) has a onslaught of Smart functions, and waypoints will be one of them ;)
is it going to an enterprise product do we think ?

I'm perfectly happy to rely on third party software for waypoints and mission planning. Third party authors tend to be more responsive to the user base ... responding to questions and feature requests ... because that's exclusively where their money comes from, whereas Mavic is primarily a hardware vendor. Whatever Mavic offered would likely be fixed in concrete, whereas third party solutions tend to constantly evolve. The development roadmap for Maven, for example, includes the ability to set waypoints by flying to each one and locking in the relevent parameters, as well the ability to import Litchi missions in .csv format.

Absolutely, Maven is a brilliant app. It seems Litchi are struggling developing the “virtual sticks” required to include in waypoints....sad but true.

Absolutely, Maven is a brilliant app. It seems Litchi are struggling developing the “virtual sticks” required to include in waypoints....sad but true.
ive used dronelink recently with my MA2 very good but a lot to learn ,maven looks a lot easier may give a whirl..

Reactions: InvisibleName
Does Maven work on the SC?

Hardly, the developers at Litchi just chose not to go backwards and cripple their software with Virtual Stick commands. They have 10's of thousands of satisfied users that use them on higher end DJI craft. Why would they go and ruin something they have had for over 5 years?

Hardly, the developers at Litchi just chose not to go backwards and cripple their software with Virtual Stick commands. They have 10's of thousands of satisfied users that use them on higher end DJI craft. Why would they go and ruin something they have had for over 5 years?
are virtual stick commands worse than way points ?
if so why ?

are virtual stick commands worse than way points ?
if so why ?
Virtual Stick relies on the power of your phone/tablets processing power given that about 1 of 3 people that fly a Mini/ Mini 2 are all about "Budget" that doesn't leave much headroom to run a App then compute all the camera logarithms and flight data. But one of the biggest things is you are restricted to a actual connection to your Controller. So if you go behinds trees, house, castle whatever during a bit of the mission..it aborts and returns to home.

BTW Way Points are Way Points..whether done VS or by onboard FC.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninja_geezer
Virtual Stick relies on the power of your phone/tablets processing power given that about 1 of 3 people that fly a Mini/ Mini 2 are all about "Budget" that doesn't leave much headroom to run a App then compute all the camera logarithms and flight data. But one of the biggest things is you are restricted to a actual connection to your Controller. So if you go behinds tress, House, castle whatever durning a bit of the mission..it aborts and returns to home.

BTW Way Points are Way Points..whether done VS or by onboard FC.
ive flown a few missions with the MA2 using dronelink using an ipad 5th gen ok but not as smooth as i would like so i am going to try maven as ive seen some buttery smooth missions recently after a new update .

Niet voor de Mavic Air?? --> (Not for the Mavic Air??)
The GO4 app used with the Mavic Air 1 have never supported waypoint missions ... but all other 3:rd party app makers like Litchi, Dronelink or Red Waypoint fully support waypoint missions for that drone.

That could have massive issues for aerial survey work. Most of which upload waypoints or batches or waypoints.

Just had this back direct from DJI in china....

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The product team has decided to give up waypointMission due to chip ability and user usage. Later only enterprise product will have waypointMission feature.

Hopefully our solution can help you.
Kindly Regards,
DJI Developer Support
Don’t understand this because: 1. I’ve read a number of posts/reviews that suggest Fly is likely to be the app for all future DJI consumer drones; and 2. The MA2’s capable of high end video that even the M2P can’t match, so it should be capable of waypoints. Or is DJI ‘saving’ that feature for a future more expensive drone?

Why should the video capability of the drone have any bearing on the ability of the drone to handle waypoints?
I don’t know. I was responding to the apparent statement from DJI about the chipset. Surely it has enough grunt to handle waypoints because Maven has done it and apparently DroneLink and DroneDeploy have betas. And that leads to my question about DJI possibly withholding the feature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bolt77