DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A day on the Yorkshire coast...

Ktm250

Reactions
Hi everyone, this video has been a real challenge to make, sea mist, very strong blustery winds, drone hater's making life very difficult...
The editing side has been a pain in the bum FCPx using every last bit of power from my Mac book...
And to top it off Youtube seems to have killed the quality ????
Any comments good or bad will be thought about.
Thanks

nice video! I thought the quality was good?

Can you comment more about the 'drone haters'?

Default quality seemed to be 480p for some reason? Forums perhaps?

I viewed it on Youtube.com directly and it let me select 1080p from the settings.

Out of interest, did you have downward sensors switched off?

Thanks for the comments, about the drone hater's 1st I had 3 people confront me regarding the drone, 1st one commented that it was a invasion of his privacy and his families, I politely pointed out the drone was about 500mts away from him and if it really did offend him I would move position, he got very abusive and wanted my name and address to report me ???? and asked for what he said I was flying in a legal area, I asked how does he know that ?, and he just lost his temper and called me a smart arse, he just wanted me to go into a full blown argument and just because I was polite and calm he didn't like it....
2nd one started throwing sand up at the drone, I asked him what was the problem and he said I hate those things.... I said I have not flow near you at all the only reason it is in this current position is because its retuning back to me so I could leave, him and his wife said that they would stamp on it if it landed near them, I pointed out that they approached me I was with my wife away from anyone ???, he said you have just filmed those children and that is illegal, I said I am sorry you are wrong I asked the parents if they minded and they said there was no problem at all, by this time the low battery was screaming, I told him that the drone was going to land and I would be on my way, he said he was going to tread on the drone, I had to point out that if he did that it would not end well for him, I landed the drone and we walked away from them...
the 3rd one was a lady that said it was freighting her dog, I said I am very sorry and I wail move, she said I had no right flying it on a public beach, I explained that I had checked that it was legal to fly here and she disagreed with me so I said we will afto agree to disagree on the legalities and I would wait for her to leave the area.
Most people we encountered where very nice and were interested in the technology.....

The downward sensors where left on because I didn't know you could turn them off LOL...

Interesting post mate, thanks.

As a new pilot, I've not yet encountered any members of the public. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though :rolleyes:

I just stay calm try to talk to them even though some are rude, I always offer to move away BUT there are times you afto stand your ground if the person is just being very unreasonable...
Like my dear old dad always said "Treat people as you wish to be treated"

I just stay calm try to talk to them even though some are rude, I always offer to move away BUT there are times you afto stand your ground if the person is just being very unreasonable...
Like my dear old dad always said "Treat people as you wish to be treated"
I prefer to not engage in conversation, just ignore and walk away, no eye contact etc, you know they want to confront and will not listen to anything you try to explain so just don't bother. If you are so close to include someone's recognisable face, without their permission then I would say you are too close !
Bodies on beaches from a distance is different, they shouldn't even be aware of what you are filming. Enjoy

I prefer to not engage in conversation, just ignore and walk away, no eye contact etc, you know they want to confront and will not listen to anything you try to explain so just don't bother. If you are so close to include someone's recognisable face, without their permission then I would say you are too close !
Bodies on beaches from a distance is different, they shouldn't even be aware of what you are filming. Enjoy

I agree about being to close, me personally always ask if they mind 9/10 people say its fine carry on, I find that if you don't talk to people you cannot make them aware that we are normal genuine people that enjoy a creative hobby and we do not aim to cause irritation and be a nuisance to anyone, but if you prefer not to engage with them and it works for you then that's great, I will give it a go and see if it's better than trying to talk to them...

Reactions: ICHOTT
That was brill vid really enjoyed yer got balls flying over sea lol :))[emoji106]

Reactions: Ktm250
I agree about being to close, me personally always ask if they mind 9/10 people say its fine carry on, but if you prefer not to engage with them and it works for you then that's great, I will give it a go and see if it's better than trying to talk to them...
I'm also mean that I'm there to enjoy myself not to educate or introduce them to the delights of drones so if they want to come up to me then ok, but I wouldn't offer myself - if you see what I mean ;-)

I'm also mean that I'm there to enjoy myself not to educate or introduce them to the delights of drones so if they want to come up to me then ok, but I wouldn't offer myself - if you see what I mean ;-)

100% agree we do it because we enjoy it... happy flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl