DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A lot of lost drones [emoji15]

I just thought about a dewalt tool tracking device it’s a bit pricey but with a few mods could find a lost drone! There’s so many tracking devices out there that could be repurposed for drone use, DEWALT MOBILELOCK - Product

That's quite a large unit. And it has a $19/month service fee.

Yea but it can be stripped down to get rid of all the armor! It’s designed to be in a work environment and dropped run over etc, I’m sure the guts weight very little! It just the heavy shell that makes it so big! And yea the monthly fee is a bit high but if you fly a lot it could be worth it! I think that fee is for more than one device contractors have a lot of tools

Yea but it can be stripped down to get rid of all the armor! It’s designed to be in a work environment and dropped run over etc, I’m sure the guts weight very little! It just the heavy shell that makes it so big! And yea the monthly fee is a bit high but if you fly a lot it could be worth it! I think that fee is for more than one device contractors have a lot of tools

I would guess a lot of the weight is the battery.

I would guess a lot of the weight is the battery.

I was just looking at it closer the size may not be redusable much but the weight probably I guess if you already use them at work maybe this would work but if you just have a drone or 2 it may be a little expensive! I’m just looking for ideas to protect my investment. I have a way to go before I’m confident but will always be nervous of a loss

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes ;)

If my company adopts them I may try it alone it’s a bit costly for just 2 drones unless I start making some real money with the drone it may be a option

I was just looking at it closer the size may not be redusable much but the weight probably I guess if you already use them at work maybe this would work but if you just have a drone or 2 it may be a little expensive! I’m just looking for ideas to protect my investment. I have a way to go before I’m confident but will always be nervous of a loss

Investment ideas in order of value for money:
  1. Read the manual. Multiple times.
  2. Use a checklist.
  3. Don't fly in high winds.
  4. Check launch site for magnetic distortion before flying.
  5. Don't ignore app warnings.
  6. Practice flying in ATTI mode.
  7. Add a tracker.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661