DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A lot of lost drones [emoji15]

saboken

Reactions
There has to be a better way to recover these expensive drones! A better Location device built in or something Dji still has a way to go

Reactions: jwwphoto
There has to be a better way to recover these expensive drones! A better Location device built in or something Dji still has a way to go
Yes because it’s DJI’s fault that owners lose their drones. In nearly all cases of a reported lost drone it was pilot error.

The problem is that there is no single locating solution that works everywhere. In areas with good cell phone coverage a cell-based GPS tracker works well, but even that's not a single solution since different places use different cell phone systems. And out in the backcountry, cell-based trackers are largely useless, and so something like a Marco Polo is a much better option. In general you are better off choosing your own preferred location method.

The problem is that there is no single locating solution that works everywhere. In areas with good cell phone coverage a cell-based GPS tracker works well, but even that's not a single solution since different places use different cell phone systems. And out in the backcountry, cell-based trackers are largely useless, and so something like a Marco Polo is a much better option. In general you are better off choosing your own preferred location method.
Trackimo practically works every as it can connect to any available tower and use it.

Reactions: Former Member
Trackimo practically works every as it can connect to any available tower and use it.

It's a pretty good solution if you have cell phone coverage at all, and if it is GSM-based, but still doesn't work in large swathes of the US. Almost completely useless in much my region, for example, where Verizon in really the only viable cell service.

Reactions: Wim Van Tittelboom
No I haven't had a chance to contact support. The hardware is clearly working correctly. I'm 95% certain it's a server issue on their end.

I hate when companies rely on a cloud based system! It’s becoming the norm today I can’t even turn my house lights on or off while in it if the net goes down or my thermostat can’t be changes without the net it’s crazy how the rely on the web, but with something like a drone the cloud should be secondary and local data primary! Just because of the risks of flying! I’m shure regulations are coming that will force the manufacturers to design the software better? Dji is great but they still have a way to go.

I hate when companies rely on a cloud based system! It’s becoming the norm today I can’t even turn my house lights on or off while in it if the net goes down or my thermostat can’t be changes without the net it’s crazy how the rely on the web, but with something like a drone the cloud should be secondary and local data primary! Just because of the risks of flying! I’m shure regulations are coming that will force the manufacturers to design the software better? Dji is great but they still have a way to go.
I think you may want to backtrack what my response was in relation to. I was referring to my Trackimo, which is clearly sending tracking data to the server, but the server isn't updating it's position. ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661